• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to need wilson and wagner to take extensions that will lower their cap hit. especially wagner, I just dont see us paying him $20m next year when we can save $16m by cutting or trading him.
Wilson could save the Seahawks a lot with a extension, certainly comes with some risk as he would certainly want more guaranteed money with it. Not sure if he would want a extension at this time as the cap keeps going up and he might be worried about missing out on even bigger money and then my own concerns is will a mobile QB decline in his 30's? I think Wagner will be extended, more risk....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then my own concerns is will a mobile QB decline in his 30's? I think Wagner will be extended, more risk....
I think its pretty clear he has already started to decline and isnt worth top tier QB money. they are in a tough spot but I think leaving things the way they are is going to make it more difficult to improve the next two years.

so two years of mediocrity and then a big blow up, or blow it up now and have hope at being competitive in two years. it seems like we are going to see scenario #1

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who else doesn't love the Rams? LA! lmao not joking. Being down here has shown me that this place couldn't care less about their football team. For a team that has 3 division winning seasons and 4 playoff births in the past 5 years it really makes no sense, They just hate this team. Then again the amount of Rams ads on TV is stupid! if every other ad was about the Hawks on TV I would throw my remote out the window! They want the Rams to have the support but this is not a football city.

I am interested in what happens in SoFi stadium, Neither one of these teams can draw a crowed. Will we see another sea of red like the last game there? If so then you really have to wonder about the support or lack there of from LA fans.
The NFL knows it's a joke fanbase. They just wanted the market for the SB. That area has and always will be Lakers, Dodgers, USC and UCLA with Rams in the rear view mirror and the Chargers well beyond that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to blow up the franchise when you need to add some pieces to right the ship.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to blow up the franchise when you need to add some pieces to right the ship.
I dont think its as simple as adding a few pieces, we have a lot of holes and lack talent in a lot of areas
We need to keep the OL together and add a DT or two at a minimum and I dont know if we have the ammo to do it

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its as simple as adding a few pieces, we have a lot of holes and lack talent in a lot of areas
We need to keep the OL together and add a DT or two at a minimum and I dont know if we have the ammo to do it
Nothing is ever simple but we have FA and the draft to start filling up the holes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fanside has 4 FA they think the Seahawks could go after.

Free agent target number 1: Terron Armstead, LT​

Terms: 4 years, $84 million

Average salary: $21 million

Cap hits by year:

• 2022: $11 million
  • 2023: $19 million
  • 2024: $25 million
  • 2025: $29 million

Free agent target number 2: Chandler Jones, DE​

Terms: 3 years, $51 million

Average salary: $17 million

Cap hits by year:

• 2022: $11 million
  • 2023: $16 million
  • 2024: $24 million

Free agent target number 3: J.C. Jackson, CB​

Terms: 5 years, $105 million

Average salary: $21 million

Cap hits by year:

• 2022: $9.5 million
  • 2023: $18 million
  • 2024: $24 million
  • 2025: $29 million
  • 2026: $24.5 million

Free agent target number 4: Marcus Maye, FS​

Suggested contract:

Terms: 3 years, 39 million

Average salary: $13 million

Cap hits by year:

• 2022: $6 million
  • 2023: $11 million
  • 2024: $22 million

As you can see they back load the contracts in order to fit the contracts into 2022 on the cheap but it's $37.5 million for 4 players and $95 million in 2024 for just 4 players

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So OL is a area of need and here is a ranking of OL FA.

Offensive Line​

The Kansas City Chiefs completely rebuilt their offensive line during the offseason. Orlando Brown Jr. was a big part of that rebuild. Will he remain with the team in 2022?

1. Orlando Brown Jr., T, Kansas City Chiefs
2. Brandon Scherff, G, Washington Football Team
3. Terron Armstead, T, New Orleans Saints
4. Duane Brown, T, Seattle Seahawks
5. Riley Reiff, T, Cincinnati Bengals
6. Laken Tomlinson, G, San Francisco 49ers
7. Ben Jones, C, Tennessee Titans
8. Jason Peters, T, Chicago Bears
9. Cam Robinson, T, Jacksonville Jaguars
10. Trent Brown, T, New England Patriots

DL rankings.

Interior Defensive Line​

1. Sebastian Joseph-Day, Los Angeles Rams
2. Calais Campbell, Baltimore Ravens
3. Austin Johnson, New York Giants
4. Akiem Hicks, Chicago Bears
5. Quinton Jefferson, Las Vegas Raiders
6. Solomon Thomas, Las Vegas Raiders
7. Linval Joseph, Los Angeles Chargers
8. Sheldon Richardson, Cleveland Browns
9. Jarran Reed, Kansas City Chiefs
10. Malik Jackson, Cleveland Browns

EDGE​

Carolina Panthers Haason Reddick is putting up another Pro Bowl season. Is it enough for a long-term extension with the Panthers?

1. Haason Reddick, Carolina Panthers
2. Harold Landry, Tennessee Titans
3. Randy Gregory, Dallas Cowboys
4. Derek Barnett, Philadelphia Eagles
5. Jadeveon Clowney, Cleveland Browns
6. Von Miller, Los Angeles Rams
7. Emmanuel Ogbah, Miami Dolphins
8. Chandler Jones, Arizona Cardinals
9. Charles Harris, Detroit Lions
10. Dante Fowler Jr., Atlanta Falcons

Alternatives to Penny at RB.

Running Backs​

There are a number of Tampa Bay Buccaneers on this list. Chris Godwin and Leonard Fournette are the two highest-profile. With the Buccaneers potentially competing for another Super Bowl this season, will they all sign with the team one more time?

1. Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Melvin Gordon, Denver Broncos
3. Chase Edmonds, Arizona Cardinals
4. Cordarrelle Patterson, Atlanta Falcons
5. James Conner, Arizona Cardinals
6. J.D. McKissic, Washington Football Team
7. Mark Ingram, Houston Texans
8. Alex Collins, Seattle Seahawks
9. David Johnson, Houston Texans
10. Darrel Williams, Kansas City Chiefs

Defensive Backs.

Defensive Backs​

The defensive backs free-agent class is impressive on paper. Names like Stephon Gilmore and Tyrann Mathieu will likely sign some big deals in the offseason.

1. Stephon Gilmore, CB, Carolina Panthers
2. Tyrann Mathieu, S, Kansas City Chiefs
3. Darious Williams, CB, Los Angeles Rams
4. Jessie Bates III, S, Cincinnati Bengals
5. J.C. Jackson, CB, New England Patriots
6. Donte Jackson, CB, Carolina Panthers
7. Marcus Maye, S, New York Jets
8. Marcus Williams, S, New Orleans Saints
9. Casey Hayward, CB, Las Vegas Raiders
10. Daniel Sorensen, S, Kansas City Chiefs

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CJ Jackson is a interesting thought but to be honest I think Jones who rated out at a 70.7 for the hawks this year needs time on the field. He only improved as he got more playing time and he looks to be the real deal. The kid turns and locates the ball. NONE of our other CB do that. DJ Reed on the other hand scored out at 78.6 but is a free agent then you got the Rookie Tre Brown. Brown was a 61.1 so unlike a lot of people here thought, he was not all that good. Brown will get better and so will Jones add Jackson to the mix and a mid round draft pick and im solid at CB. If they can get Reed back for less than 7Mill a year then do it if not just let him walk.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question is what do we do with Quandre Diggs. He had a pro bowl season and I believe he was selected for it but now he has this major injury and he is going into free agency. What a lot of people don't talk about is how you treat your players. If the hawks offer him a 1 year prove it deal that may piss him off and that would be a bad look to our organization for other potential free agents in that we don't take care of our own.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a bad look to our organization for other potential free agents in that we don't take care of our own.
Players sign for the money, no free agent and I MEAN NO FREE AGENT is going to consider how the Seahawks handle Diggs effect their willingness to sign or not sign.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question is what do we do with Quandre Diggs. He had a pro bowl season and I believe he was selected for it but now he has this major injury and he is going into free agency. What a lot of people don't talk about is how you treat your players. If the hawks offer him a 1 year prove it deal that may piss him off and that would be a bad look to our organization for other potential free agents in that we don't take care of our own.

In recent years teams have been willing to pay even for players with similar injuries. It's a broken leg, he'll be ready for wherever he signs' camp, so I don't expect him to have lost any money due to the injury.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy if we could get him signed to a 4 years contract with years 3 and 4 optional based on certain criterias he would have to meet in years 1 and 2... I doubt Diggs would sign that kind of contract because basically this is his last opportunity for a long term contract...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the injury in the final game, he's way beyond a 1 year deal. Maybe his price came down a little with such a bad injury that will eat up most of his off-season, but he's already a proven commodity. Those guys don't sign 1 year deals.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players sign for the money, no free agent and I MEAN NO FREE AGENT is going to consider how the Seahawks handle Diggs effect their willingness to sign or not sign.
I disagree and this is beyond Diggs if an organization constantly stiffs players to save money that would piss off both the player and the agent and players and agents around the league all talk to one another. The Seahawks actually have a good reputation from what I understand they have literally paid every player that has done well for the organization.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and this is beyond Diggs if an organization constantly stiffs players to save money that would piss off both the player and the agent and players and agents around the league all talk to one another. The Seahawks actually have a good reputation from what I understand they have literally paid every player that has done well for the organization.
While the Seahawks don't have that reputation ( as you mention) I don't see a team in the league who can't sign FA if they have the cash. Maybe you can give an example?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Seahawks don't have that reputation ( as you mention) I don't see a team in the league who can't sign FA if they have the cash. Maybe you can give an example?
Im talking more of a point of view of a free agent player in when signing with a team. If your GM has a bad reputation in doing business agents will let that player know before signing the contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since we're all but officially done, I guess it's time to look at the free agents. The Seahawks have about $53 million in cap space.

Here's Seattle's free agents:

Duane Brown
Quandre Diggs
Gerald Everett
Brandon Shell
Ethan Pocic
Rashaad Penny
Al Woods
Sidney Jones
Geno Smith
Alex Collins
Kyle Fuller
Ryan Neal
Rasheem Green
Blessuan Austin (RFA)
Bryan Mone (RFA)
Penny Hart (ERFA)
John Reid (ERFA)
Will Dissly
D.J. Reed
Jamarco Jones
Dakoda Shepley (ERFA)
Jon Rattigan (ERFA)
Marcus Webb (ERFA)
Nigel Warrior (ERFA)
Marcelias Sutton (RFA)
IDK how but the Seahawks cap space seems to be dwindling. Looked today and it's down to 36 million. Geez

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK how but the Seahawks cap space seems to be dwindling. Looked today and it's down to 36 million. Geez

Futures contracts - They're each 3/4 of a mill or more. and we've signed 16.