• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn was it frustrating watching the Celtics 20+ point lead (think it was 23 at one time?) in the 3rd quarter vanish yesterday. Credit to the Pels for not giving up. They played a helluva game.

Tatum: 10-24
Brown: 7-23 (3 for 10 from downtown)
Walker: 5-21 (1 for 12 from downtown)

Boston's a mess right now. And not sure what they can do to turn things around. Missing Smart isn't helping things.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't know you could do this either.

I never really thought about it. But, I suppose if you can trade a player during the season, you can hire a new coach during the season.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bad player without Steph. Last showed me what I already knew. We saw how bad he was last year with no Steph
Well same can be said about almost anyone who had played with Steph.

If you look at the 2016 NBA finals roster, 9 (nine!) players were out of the league in 2 years. Steph has impacted many players careers without being acknowledged for doing so.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets go into Los Angeles and beat the Lakers and Clippers, without Kevin Durant. I think we know who's coming out of the East.

and the Lakers without AD and Schroeder. Durant played against the Clippers and it took a flop to hand them the game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s actually kinda ridiculous that the Raps allowed this. Their team is rolling right now and you’re gonna remove a big part of the coaching staff?

The Wolves are gonna be shit the rest of the year. This could’ve been agreed to and delayed until the postseason. I get letting guys move upwards and everything but if something suddenly goes off the rails again in Toro...uh, Tampa this is gonna be a bad moment to reflect on.

Isn't there usually a clause in assistant coaches' contracts that allows them to leave for a head coaching position? To deny him that you probably have to promise him some kind of promotion. The Knicks interviewed Kidd (on Lakers' staff) as a replacement coach last summer when the Lakers were still active.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there usually a clause in assistant coaches' contracts that allows them to leave for a head coaching position? To deny him that you probably have to promise him some kind of promotion. The Knicks interviewed Kidd (on Lakers' staff) as a replacement coach last summer when the Lakers were still active.
I think that’s typically confined to off-season moves though, and Kidd wasn’t going to take over the Knicks mid-bubble - he would’ve finished the season. This is pretty rare.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Lakers without AD and Schroeder. Durant played against the Clippers and it took a flop to hand them the game.

Lakers were shorthanded as well, that's fair. That said, Durant didn't play against the Clippers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still genuinely pissed off about the Draymond situations. Have gone through a wide range of emotions. You would think a buzzer beater loss to Charlotte on the back end of a road back to back, without Steph, would be fine. Nope.

At what point is this too much? I think it's valid to start questioning it at some point. I've always stood by that Draymond over compensates his intensity to make up for the lack (or at least perceived) of the other stars of the team. But we continually have to say "he'll dial it back" and that is becoming a problem. Especially considering the challenges this Warrior team is going to have going forward with a changing roster and style of play it will be a dynamic that absolutely has to be monitored.

I will say this though, one thing working in his favor was that Steph was not on the court last night. If there's anyone Draymond does defer to on the team it's Steph. If Steph was there, I think he might have at least been able to save him from being ejected.

This is where Steph needs to step up to be the leader on this team. If there's any way to reign him in, it has to come from the top.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And?

I have never once said he wasn’t an elite scorer.

He is still yet to accomplish anything as the best player on a team. That isn’t changing this season.
cant you say the same thing about Anthony Davis and Klay Thompson and basically a ton of other players?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Thompson is out and all but I have a very hard time seeing a path for the Warriors to get back to prominance.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And?

I have never once said he wasn’t an elite scorer.

He is still yet to accomplish anything as the best player on a team. That isn’t changing this season.

This is only the 2nd time he has been on a team capable of winning of championship

Remember Lebron won a championship with Kyrie, then got swept the following year without him

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant you say the same thing about Anthony Davis and Klay Thompson and basically a ton of other players?

Curry as well...The guy would have 0 championships without injuries and Durant

Kyrie is winning right now without Durant, just butch slapped crying to the refs lebron last week lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie’s last couple teams have been just as good without him.

That isn’t true for any elite player. I wouldn’t call Klay elite, but it certainly isn’t true for him either.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie’s last couple teams have been just as good without him.

That isn’t true for any elite player. I wouldn’t call Klay elite, but it certainly isn’t true for him either.

Did they win a championship without him lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry as well...The guy would have 0 championships without injuries and Durant

Kyrie is winning right now without Durant, just butch slapped crying to the refs lebron last week lol

You are such a clown.

You show up when things are going well, disappear when they aren’t.

Yes, Brooklyn looks like title front runners right now. And Kyrie is their 3rd best player.

And you are crowing all around here like it somehow proves you right about him being a superstar.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are such a clown.

You show up when things are going well, disappear when they aren’t.

Yes, Brooklyn looks like title front runners right now. And Kyrie is their 3rd best player.

And you are crowing all around here like it somehow proves you right about him being a superstar.

Now you are making things up...Sad!

BTW i said the same thing to you before during and after the trade...When you were still claiming small sample sizes and how the nets would be a trainwreck because of "defense"

Now that you have been proven wrong, you lash out in anger! :lol: