• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Trading Deadline Rumors.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were mighty @MHSL82's thoughts on the Jazz moves?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does one become super durable, sure shooting, and multi-dimensional by trading an injury prone one dimensional hot and cold shooter? It was clear we didn't, he didn't, we wouldn't, he wouldn't sign a deal with us, so we didn't Hayward ourselves out of some return. We likely know the same thing about Favors, but he's improved, wants to be here (or at least not traded), and more needed.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does one become super durable, sure shooting, and multi-dimensional by trading an injury prone one dimensional hot and cold shooter? It was clear we didn't, he didn't, we wouldn't, he wouldn't sign a deal with us, so we didn't Hayward ourselves out of some return. We likely know the same thing about Favors, but he's improved, wants to be here (or at least not traded), and more needed.

Do we know Hood didn't want to be back? Or that the Jazz wouldn't attempt to resign him?

Or both?

Between Burks and Hood, they get injured too much.

If Favors or Gobert get injured, it's still disappointing, but they are also better players when healthy.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they need to trade away Joe Johnson?

If they plan to waive Rose, then what was the point of trading away an expiring player in Johnson, only to waive the incoming one in Rose?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know Hood didn't want to be back? Or that the Jazz wouldn't attempt to resign him?

Or both?

Between Burks and Hood, they get injured too much.

If Favors or Gobert get injured, it's still disappointing, but they are also better players when healthy.

I heard on the radio today that Rodney Hood was a different person the last 6 to 8 weeks. When the radio host had asked him when he first got here what type of actor he would want to be if he were in Hollywood and he said an extra. Not playing either due to injuries or rotation affected him. It affects every player, but he needs to play to be engaged. Injuries didn't help that. Until the end when they were preserving him, I think the injuries were all real. But I do think that we stress healing more than some teams do.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they need to trade away Joe Johnson?

If they plan to waive Rose, then what was the point of trading away an expiring player in Johnson, only to waive the incoming one in Rose?

Joe Johnson had asked to be out. Derrick Rose was not really part of the deal except for making the trade work and expiring contract. To get rid of two expiring contracts is better than one. Playing out here waiting one cost more, but getting rid of one and waiving one when you got something in return with Crowder, may have helped.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad post.

After thinking about it more, I don't like this adjective. It sounds too much like "almighty".

I don't want @MHSL82 to be a deity.

I need to think of a better, non-rhyming adjective to describe @MHSL82.

Maybe Interesting @MHSL82?

Does he need an adjective? Maybe not.

Ok, how about Thoughtful @MHSL82?

Conscientious @MHSL82?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio today that Rodney Hood was a different person the last 6 to 8 weeks. When the radio host had asked him when he first got here what type of actor he would want to be if he were in Hollywood and he said an extra. Not playing either due to injuries or rotation affected him. It affects every player, but he needs to play to be engaged. Injuries didn't help that. Until the end when they were preserving him, I think the injuries were all real. But I do think that we stress healing more than some teams do.

Thanks.

That's also an interesting personality based question.

If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself? (To Rodney Hood, not to you @MHSL82).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson had asked to be out. Derrick Rose was not really part of the deal except for making the trade work and expiring contract. To get rid of two expiring contracts is better than one. Playing out here waiting one cost more, but getting rid of one and waiving one when you got something in return with Crowder, may have helped.

What's a net summary of all of the Jazz moves?

What were the 2 expiring contracts they got rid of?

Hood and Johnson?

Couldn't they have traded away Hood to Cleveland, and just waived or bought out Joe Johnson?

I'm a little sad that Johnson asked to be waived. Just because he seems like a low key guy and I wish he was happier here.

But I guess he wants a change of scenery, whether it's a better team, or more playing time, etc.

Not sure another team would play him much anyways, at this point in his career.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe that explains why Boozer was held out from February 2005 - February 2006.

At least he didn't re-aggravate the injury when he returned. On a lot of other teams, they mis-diagnose or push players back too early, and the injury comes back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a net summary of all of the Jazz moves?

What were the 2 expiring contracts they got rid of?

Hood and Johnson?

Couldn't they have traded away Hood to Cleveland, and just waived or bought out Joe Johnson?

I'm a little sad that Johnson asked to be waived. Just because he seems like a low key guy and I wish he was happier here.

But I guess he wants a change of scenery, whether it's a better team, or more playing time, etc.

Not sure another team would play him much anyways, at this point in his career.

I believe Rose is the equivalent of an expiring contract and Johnson is, too. But technically Hood is out either way. I am clearly using the term expire on loosely in incorrectly. They got rid of three players. Including one they just obtained if they buy out Rose.