• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots Rumors and Rumors of Rumors 2023

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time you were in Boston?

Sure in the 70s/80s CharlestoWn not Charleston was 100% white, so was Southie mainly white Irish Catholics. Just the opposite in Jamica Plain and Roxbury as well as others. Those towns were almost 100% black. Without getting into a history lesson then came things like bussing and the south east Asian refugees... Afluent people from all over the world started sending their kids to Boston for higher education. Those isolated pockets of white or black neighborhoods are all but gone. Hell even the north end isn't 100% WOP any more. There are many other areas around the country that can't say the same both white or black dominated. Boston is now and has been for a while, a true melting pot. Shit Slummerville in the 70s/80s is now a destination where finding a 100 year old home on a postage stamp lot will cost you near a cool 1 million. Am I right or am I right @Carnzo?
My neighborhood had zero blacks. Not even one close by.
Like you said, lots of Irish Catholics, mixed in with Italian Mafia and a few Germans.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus H. Christ dude, nowhere did I say anything remotely close to this. Stick to the basis of the comment.
Take your own statement to heart. The initial post calls Boston racist. I point out the racism in Boston exists everywhere and you at first appear to contest that notion now you say to stay on topic.

What does you wife say about the way you beat her... Stay on topic.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your own statement to heart. The initial post calls Boston racist. I point out the racism in Boston exists everywhere and you at first appear to contest that notion now you say to stay on topic.

What does you wife say about the way you beat her... Stay on topic.
Yeah the TOPIC BEING, Boston is known for being racist and it is, it's both known for it and in my experiences with my ole lady racist.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the TOPIC BEING, Boston is known for being racist and it is, it's both known for it and in my experiences with my ole lady racist.

You're married to a black women, yes? Then I'd say you are more the authority on it than the rest of us who aren't.

In my experience Boston does appear to lean more racist than here in L.A. But I have to imagine there's a shit load of places in the US more racist than Boston.

I have a friend that I work with who's dark skinned American Indian. He says he's discriminated against all the time. I don't see it but he does. So I gotta take his word for it. He's married to a white chick and he says every time they go home to Kansas to visit he gets the stare downs from locals.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're married to a black women, yes? Then I'd say you are more the authority on it than the rest of us who aren't.

In my experience Boston does appear to lean more racist than here in L.A. But I have to imagine there's a shit load of places in the US more racist than Boston.

I have a friend that I work with who's dark skinned American Indian. He says he's discriminated against all the time. I don't see it but he does. So I gotta take his word for it. He's married to a white chick and he says every time they go home to Kansas to visit he gets the stare downs from locals.
Correct I am married to a black woman. And over 37.5 years you pick up on things. Who makes eye contact, how long it takes to get your water glass filled, where you are seated etc. We were in Boston a few years back and this is the kind of stuff you expierence. The average everyday white dude would never notice it was taking place. Or trying to take our 10 year son to the pisser in a fucking grocery store to be told there is not public bathroom. You notice it, while others are oblivious to it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct I am married to a black woman. And over 37.5 years you pick up on things. Who makes eye contact, how long it takes to get your water glass filled, where you are seated etc. We were in Boston a few years back and this is the kind of stuff you expierence. The average everyday white dude would never notice it was taking place. Or trying to take our 10 year son to the pisser in a fucking grocery store to be told there is not public bathroom. You notice it, while others are oblivious to it.
I don't fault you for noticing it. It exists and gets damn tiring.
When I moved from California to North Carolina, I expected to see more racism.
I don't know that there is more. Different but not more.
I had a close Japanese friend in the Bay Area of Cali. When we hung out in public, it was obvious.
My California black friends talked quietly about the racism.

Working with the modern military was refreshing. It was still existing but:
It was not accepted. Was rarely seen, was sometimes laughed about.
I remember a young white sailor having called my friend Chief Smith "boy"
Chief was flabbergasted because the kid did not think this was racist.
He call me over and told me what was going on.
We all laughed when I told the kid, "there is no way in hell you do not know to not call a black man "boy"

We are talking about it and that is good. It is a little close to the skin for you and that is very understandable.
I have seen no racism, improved racism, and the same old shit.
I'd surely like to see our society improve as much as the military has. I served 50 years ago and it was much worse.
We could do so much if everyone said "we are going to change!"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it and I've seen it but clearly can't claim to feel it like you. My sister-in-law had a mysterious black man pressing against her at a hotel counter. The clerk was quick to ask the man to "please give this lady some room" only for her to come-back "that's my husband". I'm sure the clerk meant well but his eyes couldn't see the obvious.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston gets the brunt of racist crap because of the anti-busing back in the 60's. Bill Russell didface alot of racism, but people forget that he was drafted in 1956 and there was extreme racism cross the U.S

Boston has made huge strides against racism but, accept the facts or not, inner city blacks tend to congregate in specific areas. In Boston is was Dorchester, In NYC it was Harlem in LA it was East LA. Once certain portions of those populations got educated, they wanted out and moved away, leaving under-privledged and under-educated behind. Those people that moved away and those left behind called them oreos and then turned their hate back toward the white infrastructure. Racism works both ways in Boston and everywhere else.

It's never going to change. Those that have nothing want more. Those that have earned what they have don't want to give it away.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sister's two daughters have five children all by black fathers. My daughter's husband is half black. His dad is black. They have one boy.
My other grandson, the one that lived with me, has a Hispanic girlfriend who's father is black and she and my grandson have a daughter.

It's around me so much that I don't even notice it. Maybe I don't see things quite so black and white???

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston gets the brunt of racist crap because of the anti-busing back in the 60's. Bill Russell didface alot of racism, but people forget that he was drafted in 1956 and there was extreme racism cross the U.S

Boston has made huge strides against racism but, accept the facts or not, inner city blacks tend to congregate in specific areas. In Boston is was Dorchester, In NYC it was Harlem in LA it was East LA. Once certain portions of those populations got educated, they wanted out and moved away, leaving under-privledged and under-educated behind. Those people that moved away and those left behind called them oreos and then turned their hate back toward the white infrastructure. Racism works both ways in Boston and everywhere else.

It's never going to change. Those that have nothing want more. Those that have earned what they have don't want to give it away.
Dorchester is pretty Irish. Roxbury is probably where you are referring to... But beyond that your analysis is pretty good. Definitely a white view but you are white so duh. Nothing wrong with that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry BK but Dorchester has always been an Irish white area. I think you're confusing it with Roxbury?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorchester is pretty Irish. Roxbury is probably where you are referring to... But beyond that your analysis is pretty good. Definitely a white view but you are white so duh. Nothing wrong with that.
Sorry you're a faster typist then I

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racism goes both ways too. My wife is Hispanic. When we started dating her mother told her she did not want her dating a white man and would not accept me or my 3 children that I had full custody of. We’ve been married for 18 years and she has never acknowledged me or my kids.

For the most part the only other racism/ dirty looks I’ve seen come from Hispanic males who don’t like me dating a Latina. honestly it doesn’t happen very often.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racism goes both ways too. My wife is Hispanic. When we started dating her mother told her she did not want her dating a white man and would not accept me or my 3 children that I had full custody of. We’ve been married for 18 years and she has never acknowledged me or my kids.

For the most part the only other racism/ dirty looks I’ve seen come from Hispanic males who don’t like me dating a Latina. honestly it doesn’t happen very often.
Not disagreeing but most would see the "mother-in-law shunning" a benefit.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh… it’s definitely for the best! I’ve missed out on nothing but drama with that lady.
I'd be remiss not to acknowledge that while a bit serendipitous, hurtful actions still hurt. I've had my share of issues with my in-laws never liking me and it's their loss and I don't take it personally but it still sucks. You know why and that sucks more.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm laughing remember a bicycle ride with my latina girlfriend.
It was in San Jose in the late 70's and we rode into a park only to find a crowd of low riders. The reaction was priceless!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be remiss not to acknowledge that while a bit serendipitous, hurtful actions still hurt. I've had my share of issues with my in-laws never liking me and it's their loss and I don't take it personally but it still sucks. You know why and that sucks more.
If only for the potential conflicts with the wife and putting her in a must choose situation at any time.