• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023 white flag trading deadline thread

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I’m more interested in rumors about who the next GM will be. Come to think of it, why aren’t there any recent stories about Hahn’s (lack of) job security?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god... why is Trayce Thompson still around? I ask this constantly and now he's on our team again? Yuck.
Saw that and said to myself: I thought he was dead. I understand he was acquired to help with team chemistry.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I’m more interested in rumors about who the next GM will be. Come to think of it, why aren’t there any recent stories about Hahn’s (lack of) job security?
Because it’s pretty clear they are keeping him

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cause surely he can 't fuck up 2 rebuilds in a row.
3rd longest tenure of any active gm. The other 2 have 5 World Series titles combined. Rick has 2 playoff wins

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, that about wraps it up for me.
"Trade everybody but not the unimpressive white non athlete who "hustles"! Get rid of some of those lazy Cubans with the jewelry!"

- Every old racist white guy that's a White Sox fan after that trade

Burger is 27 with a 1.7 career WAR. When he's 30 he'll be a complete after thought in whatever organization he's running around with.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Trade everybody but not the unimpressive white non athlete who "hustles"! Get rid of some of those lazy Cubans with the jewelry!"

Burger is 27 with a 1.7 career WAR. When he's 30 he'll be a complete after thought in whatever organization he's running around with.
as full of shit as ever, eh rich? tell me, you ignorant sot, how many 'whites' were on the team this past season? how many have been traded? how many have i bitched about? personally, trading away the one (cheap) guy who brought a spark to the team and keeping the piece of shit third baseman that has embarrassed the team for 6 of the last 7 years and is making 18 million dollars a year happens to irk me.

as for burger ... you don't know that. you don't know shit! just mouthing off again.

racist fans aren't the problem, pea brain, ..... stupid ones are!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If thinking Ol' Covid Legs Yoan Moncada is a lost cause that I'd like to see traded is racist then I'm screwed.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Burger? He hit dongs but let's not act like he was some kind of game-changer for us. He's older and ok. Looks like a good cherry on the top piece for a team that could actually contend...which we've proven we can't...so no need worrying about him.

As with any trade, depends on how the prospect does so we wait to see how the pitcher does that we got for him.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Burger? He hit dongs but let's not act like he was some kind of game-changer for us. He's older and ok. Looks like a good cherry on the top piece for a team that could actually contend...which we've proven we can't...so no need worrying about him.

As with any trade, depends on how the prospect does so we wait to see how the pitcher does that we got for him.
i am unaware of anyone who believed burger was a great player or a 'game-changer'. i'm also not worried about him. imo we got basically nothing for our best 3rd baseman. in other words the continued worthlessness of the sox 'braintrust' lives on!
tho i still consider myself a sox fan, i find i cannot root for this team which is loaded and will continue to be loaded with crap-for-players headed by its cancerous leadership. it just brings me down and why the fuck do i need that? why do you?

jake eder is a reclamation project in a long line of many for the sox. i'd suggest it's very unlikely he ever makes a major league team. a total gamble. yes, gambles sometimes pay off, but you know it's not very often. burger is a major leaguer with proven 30 hr/yr capability. i find NO solace in the possibility eder may be worth it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as mentioned in the Liam Hendriks thread, I've been absent for almost a week with respect to following the trade deadline transactions. Aside from learning about the prospects we acquired from the Angels in the Giolito/Lopez deal, I wasn't up any of the other trades until reading about them today. I think the saddest one was saying buhbye to Jake Burger, but it seems we received some decent potential in the exchange for LHP Jake Eder, altho I have to admit I'm always leery of taking on a pitching prospect who's already gone under the TJ knife.

Still, it seems the Good Guys did a decent job of obtaining some quality prospects (I know, where have we heard this all before). CBS Sports believes we did rather well:

Landing 4 of the top 15 traded prospects, including #s 1 & 3 isn't too shabby. We all know how crappy the Sox farm system is, so at least we bolstered it a bit. Besides, what else is there to look forward to - sure as hell ain't going to be the rest of this season, dat for sho.