• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, not having LP reduces the amount of choices available. I'm not planning on getting it before this season, maybe next year that will change.

You get all the kings game right?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get all the kings game right?
Most of them yes, some have either gotten blacked out or the channel that is supposed to air the games has something else on. But I don't watch every game anyway so I'm not upset about a few being unavailable.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers: An open (Kevin) Love letter -- Terry Pluto

From Terry Pluto: An Open Love Letter

...WHAT WAS LEARNED

You had to sacrifice shots and add defense. You had to defer to more talented players. There were days when you had to wonder why you ever wanted to play with LeBron James.

But you also have a championship ring and four trips to the NBA Finals. You learned a lot about yourself and what it takes to win at the highest level.

That's the Kevin Love the new Cavaliers need - the older, wiser and yes, even the more scarred version.

You can teach the younger Cavaliers so much...

Most of the pressure you'll feel will come from one place...you. No one expects the Cavaliers to contend for a title. Few even expect to make the playoffs.

Part of the reason the Cavs were so excited to sign you is your influence on the court. You know how to play the game the right way. You know how to pass. You know how to rebound. You know how to find open shots.

Last season, you admitted to dealing with panic attacks and anxiety. Coming public about that not only is what you needed, but it will help others. That includes some younger teammates who will look up to you.

You are not alone when it comes to leadership. The front office brought back Channing Frye, "a fountain" as general manager Koby Altman calls players who nourish others. Korver is a solid veteran, a wonderful man. Same with George Hill.

...You have five years left on your contract, making more money than you ever dared to dream. You have a fan base ready to embrace you, and a team that needs your skills and wisdom.

Enjoy it.

Terry Pluto sounds like a limped wristed fagaloon writing this love letter to Love. Love's probably more disappointed in the weak reach around that ol' Pluto attempted to give while writing this. Over/under on the restraining order?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Wade was going to sign with Lakers.....said I wanted him to.

#timevindicatesdoesntapply

#spincontrol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming this is real and actually happens (and putting aside the TT/Whiteside debate), I'm trying to figure out how it makes sense for either team.

Whiteside's talent is undeniable. So are the issues he's had. If he's right in the head, he's shown he can be really good and a player that most teams can't handle in the paint. He's also athletic enough to be able to defend the pick and roll and defend out to the 3 point line.

When he's not right in the head, he's a cancer and a lot of money sitting on the end of the bench, is 2 years older than TT and makes more money.

Theoretically, if a change of scenery is what he needs (especially if they can get a pick as well), the Cavs could win this trade if he can stay engaged, motivated and continues to expand his game.

At this point, TT is what he is. He's a solid veteran player who, when given minutes, will get you some rebounds, play solid defense and even score 8-10 points without having any plays called for him. As mentioned, he makes less money and is younger.

As is, the Heat probably win the trade right now. But is it really by enough to justify the trade? Especially if Whiteside plays the way he did when he earned the raise he got.

It makes sense for Miami because they are at their best going small with Adebayo and Olynyck. Whitside doesn't fit and is really a salary dump at this point.

As for why Cleveland would do this?

Because Dan Gilbert is the most brilliant owner ever! He will spend what he can to get his team permanently mired in mediocrity.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only, and I MEAN THE FUCKING ONLY silver lining i see is what you mentioned- is that Whiteside's disaster of a skill set for today's game will be properly balanced by Love. Love is the absolute PERFECT big man to play alongside Whiteside.

just please- this cant happen the same offseason that lebron leaves- i wont be able to take it.

No, he isn't.

Cleveland going to get pick and rolled to death. There may not be a slower front line in the league.

No worries though, Whiteside and Love will snag those rebounds all 4 times the opposing team misses.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is already spinning his take on Mr Whiteside....LMAO.