• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke how many Lakers games were on national tv while they still sucked for the past few years, this is just ridiculous. Not surprising though.
It is what it is.

There is no denying they have a enormous fan base.

So, now that they have LeBron, they will be ratings gold.

Everyone has a reason to be excited by the amount of coverage they will receive.

For the homers, they hope to see their team climb out of the shitter, after half a decade of circling the bowl, and compete for a championship.

For the haters, WE hope to see every last clown get out of that purple and gold car and Shit the bed so hard, that the Lakers miss the playoffs.

I suspect it falls somewhere in the middle. 4th seed, or worse, second round exit.

Point is, people will watch and advertisers will pay.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is.

Everyone has a reason to be excited by the amount of coverage they will receive.

For the homers, they hope to see their team climb out of the shitter, after half a decade of circling the bowl, and compete for a championship.

For the haters, WE hope to see every last clown get out of that purple and gold car and Shit the bed so hard, that the Lakers miss the playoffs.

I suspect it falls somewhere in the middle. 4th seed, or worse, second round exit.

Yep, for various reasons the Lakers fanbase is probably the largest overall and that's before LeBron got there. Bigger then the Warriors, Bulls, Knicks, any other team you can name.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# of national tv games never bother me since I have LP. For those without LP, it sucks because you would like to see other teams instead of same 4 or 5 teams

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh yah.....its bad....the Heartless Felons.....i have a moron cousin who had to go to juvi for a week* because he is a fuckoff white kid from the suburbs and hese in their with all these gangster teeangers from the eastside and hes shitting his pants and crying for his mom. Cuyahoga County...

LMFAO give Compton or North Long Beach a whirl some time...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is.

lol, gotta at least respect you bein' real wit' it...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers: An open (Kevin) Love letter -- Terry Pluto

From Terry Pluto: An Open Love Letter

...WHAT WAS LEARNED

You had to sacrifice shots and add defense. You had to defer to more talented players. There were days when you had to wonder why you ever wanted to play with LeBron James.

But you also have a championship ring and four trips to the NBA Finals. You learned a lot about yourself and what it takes to win at the highest level.

That's the Kevin Love the new Cavaliers need - the older, wiser and yes, even the more scarred version.

You can teach the younger Cavaliers so much...

Most of the pressure you'll feel will come from one place...you. No one expects the Cavaliers to contend for a title. Few even expect to make the playoffs.

Part of the reason the Cavs were so excited to sign you is your influence on the court. You know how to play the game the right way. You know how to pass. You know how to rebound. You know how to find open shots.

Last season, you admitted to dealing with panic attacks and anxiety. Coming public about that not only is what you needed, but it will help others. That includes some younger teammates who will look up to you.

You are not alone when it comes to leadership. The front office brought back Channing Frye, "a fountain" as general manager Koby Altman calls players who nourish others. Korver is a solid veteran, a wonderful man. Same with George Hill.

...You have five years left on your contract, making more money than you ever dared to dream. You have a fan base ready to embrace you, and a team that needs your skills and wisdom.

Enjoy it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...WHAT WAS LEARNED

You had to sacrifice shots and add defense. You had to defer to more talented players. There were days when you had to wonder why you ever wanted to play with LeBron James.

But you also have a championship ring and four trips to the NBA Finals. You learned a lot about yourself and what it takes to win at the highest level.

That's the Kevin Love the new Cavaliers need - the older, wiser and yes, even the more scarred version.

Most of the pressure you'll feel will come from one place...you. No one expects the Cavaliers to contend for a title. Few even expect to make the playoffs.

Part of the reason the Cavs were so excited to sign you is your influence on the court. You know how to play the game the right way. You know how to pass. You know how to rebound. You know how to find open shots.

Last season, you admitted to dealing with panic attacks and anxiety. Coming public about that not only is what you needed, but it will help others. That includes some younger teammates who will look up to you.

You are not alone when it comes to leadership. The front office brought back Channing Frye, "a fountain" as general manager Koby Altman calls players who nourish others. Korver is a solid veteran, a wonderful man. Same with George Hill.

...You have five years left on your contract, making more money than you ever dared to dream. You have a fan base ready to embrace you, and a team that needs your skills and wisdom.

Enjoy it.

A lot of words for something nobody gives a shit about

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# of national tv games never bother me since I have LP. For those without LP, it sucks because you would like to see other teams instead of same 4 or 5 teams
Yep.

That's a huge factor.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...WHAT WAS LEARNED

Enjoy it.

He better enjoy all that because they only gonna win 30 games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, for various reasons the Lakers fanbase is probably the largest overall and that's before LeBron got there. Bigger then the Warriors, Bulls, Knicks, any other team you can name.

Exactly.

All the Hollyweird types that frequent Lakers home games just exasperates the situation.

The first few home games will be a spectacle...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#exacerbate?

sorry, English Major in me coming out...:heh:
lmfao....punk ass autocorrect didn't even catch it...lol

They change my shit constantly.

The minnute I need em, this shit happens...lol

But, I guess they don't check grammar.

People * exasperate* vs. things *exacerbate *....lol

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is.

I love seeing the Lakers get clowned, but I'm expecting them to win more than they lose/make the playoffs so I'd rather not watch their journey back there. I know there will still be plenty of non Lakers or Warriors games on national TV that I can enjoy and NBA TV doing live look ins on close games in the 4th/OT is fun to watch too. And I'll be able to see Kings games even if they aren't always fun or enjoyable, but I'll still watch.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, not having LP reduces the amount of choices available. I'm not planning on getting it before this season, maybe next year that will change.