• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because they don't agree and they think my way of thinking is crazy. My way of thinking isn't crazy, it's outside the norm of what the Steelers have done and it's uncomfortable for them to think about doing it. I get it, but like I said, something has to change in how we are doing things.

This is the kind of things that teams do to win and win now. Sign decent free agents, trade up and go get someone in the draft instead of settling for whoever falls to us. Make the moves necessary to win fucking championships. We haven't done that recently.

And instead of talking it out like men, they do the stupid fucking ratings to try and show how stupid I am. Sorry, not stupid, just a different way of thinking. You can disagree and that's fine but don't talk to me like I'm stupid. I'd expect that from other teams' fans, not this one though. Especially not to one of your own.

So, needless to say I'll be a less frequent visitor of the board. This board is stuck in the "Steeler way" of the 70s and 90s. Well, it's 2018, act accordingly.
Just relax we’re all steeler fans

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just relax we’re all steeler fans

Well if I'm gonna be treated like I am an idiot or my opinions don't matter then why would I keep coming on here? Like I said, Cowboys fans do this. Redskins fans do this. Would've expected different that's all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I'm gonna be treated like I am an idiot or my opinions don't matter then why would I keep coming on here? Like I said, Cowboys fans do this. Redskins fans do this. Would've expected different that's all.
Ok ok settle down, fresh start

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because they don't agree and they think my way of thinking is crazy. My way of thinking isn't crazy, it's outside the norm of what the Steelers have done and it's uncomfortable for them to think about doing it. I get it, but like I said, something has to change in how we are doing things.

This is the kind of things that teams do to win and win now. Sign decent free agents, trade up and go get someone in the draft instead of settling for whoever falls to us. Make the moves necessary to win fucking championships. We haven't done that recently.

And instead of talking it out like men, they do the stupid fucking ratings to try and show how stupid I am. Sorry, not stupid, just a different way of thinking. You can disagree and that's fine but don't talk to me like I'm stupid. I'd expect that from other teams' fans, not this one though. Especially not to one of your own.

So, needless to say I'll be a less frequent visitor of the board. This board is stuck in the "Steeler way" of the 70s and 90s. Well, it's 2018, act accordingly.
Lol... Neither @Ewa PGH Fan & I are uncomfortable with anything that you are saying. Hell we've even pointed out that we agree with you on some level multiple times. It's simply your ignorant stubbornness that we cannot stand. Discussions aren't very productive if its continuously a 1-sided argument. You have shown no inclination to appease your thoughts or understand anyone's thinking, hence why we stopped responding. You consistently disagree, and try to tell us why you're correct. It's like talking to a 5 year old. No thanks.

You don't have to agree with us, but you shouldn't be trying to shove your thoughts down our throats. And don't give us that "woe is me" bullshit. If you cannot withstand the heat when you're acting this way then maybe you shouldn't post on sports forums.

Treat others the same way you want to be treated and you'll get exactly that. The Hoop is an amazing place to discuss sports if you follow that M-O.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terry...you do what you need to do...I understand. but I ask this question...you've heard the phrase about opinions? Just like assh0les...we all have one...

Yeah, you have been throwing out some opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't...I'm not sure what you mean by rating, etc. but if I disagree with something you posted, you will know it, but that's where it ends has nothing to do with you personally.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry...you do what you need to do...I understand. but I ask this question...you've heard the phrase about opinions? Just like assh0les...we all have one...

Yeah, you have been throwing out some opinions. Some I agree with, some I don't...I'm not sure what you mean by rating, etc. but if I disagree with something you posted, you will know it, but that's where it ends has nothing to do with you personally.
I tried to discuss draft strategy with him and he was pushing the trade route & drafting CBs in the 1st. He even went as far to say that we should acquire two 1st Rd picks this year, one that required trading up into the top 15, and then another in the top 20. We understood his thinking, but were trying to explain why its not as feasible this year. And would be damn near impossible to pull off unless they wanted to pawn off their souls for the next couple years. It was outlandish and impractical, but we never attacked him personally. I "rated" his post with a facepalm rating and I think he took that personally. Wasn't my intention to attack him personally.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to discuss draft strategy with him and he was pushing the trade route & drafting CBs in the 1st. He even went as far to say that we should acquire two 1st Rd picks this year, one that required trading up into the top 15, and then another in the top 20. We understood his thinking, but were trying to explain why its not as feasible this year. And would be damn near impossible to pull off unless they wanted to pawn off their souls for the next couple years. It was outlandish and impractical, but we never attacked him personally. I "rated" his post with a facepalm rating and I think he took that personally. Wasn't my intention to attack him personally.

Oh...I don't think we're that abrasive in here, but maybe too thin skinned for this board?

We all want the Steelers to win another title and we know their window is closing, but I would expect to be called out for an off the cuff comment that is not remotely feasible.

Oh well...he'll live and we'll live.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...I don't think we're that abrasive in here, but maybe too thin skinned for this board?

We all want the Steelers to win another title and we know their window is closing, but I would expect to be called out for an off the cuff comment that is not remotely feasible.

Not at all abrasive unless you provoke it. Treat others the way you want to be treated and you'll be just fine around here.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Neither @Ewa PGH Fan & I are uncomfortable with anything that you are saying. Hell we've even pointed out that we agree with you on some level multiple times. It's simply your ignorant stubbornness that we cannot stand. Discussions aren't very productive if its continuously a 1-sided argument. You have shown no inclination to appease your thoughts or understand anyone's thinking, hence why we stopped responding. You consistently disagree, and try to tell us why you're correct. It's like talking to a 5 year old. No thanks.

You don't have to agree with us, but you shouldn't be trying to shove your thoughts down our throats. And don't give us that "woe is me" bullshit. If you cannot withstand the heat when you're acting this way then maybe you shouldn't post on sports forums.

Treat others the same way you want to be treated and you'll get exactly that. The Hoop is an amazing place to discuss sports if you follow that M-O.

Not at all abrasive unless you provoke it. Treat others the way you want to be treated and you'll be just fine around here.

Here's the last I'll say of it.

I'm throwing my opinion around like everyone else is here and I am not happy with the way this team is going. I honestly don't see how anyone is happy with the Steelers right now. But in no way shape or form do I have to just give in because others disagree with me. A discussion amongst people that disagree is gonna get heated. Correct. But these childish "bullshit" ratings and "facepalm" ratings doesn't add anything to the conversation. It just tries to put out how stupid I am or how stupid what I am saying is.

I have my opinion for a reason. Y'all have your opinions for a reason. That's fine. But don't act like what we've been doing as a team has been working because it hasn't and currently isn't. I don't see why I need to appease my thoughts if I don't agree. I'm not asking you all to do that so why ask that of me? I'm having a discussion about the future of this team and you all just want things to stay the same. So what do you expect will change if we keep things and keep doing things the same? If you do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result, what is that? That's called insanity.

It is insane to think that if we keep doing the same things we've been doing the last 8-9 years, that we will end up any better than what we've been ending up as. Sorry, I want this team to be a juggernaut again. I want to win 2 Super Bowls within a 5 year span again. I want to go to 3 Super Bowls within a 7 year span again. We won't do that by doing the same thing that's kept us out of the Super Bowl the last 8 years.

Respond all you want and I won't respond back but that's what I'm trying to say and what's what my opinion is. Sorry, but nothing will change my mind until I am proven wrong by this team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm throwing my opinion around like everyone else is here and I am not happy with the way this team is going. I honestly don't see how anyone is happy with the Steelers right now. But in no way shape or form do I have to just give in because others disagree with me. A discussion amongst people that disagree is gonna get heated. Correct. But these childish "bullshit" ratings and "facepalm" ratings doesn't add anything to the conversation. It just tries to put out how stupid I am or how stupid what I am saying is.

I have my opinion for a reason. Y'all have your opinions for a reason. That's fine. But don't act like what we've been doing as a team has been working because it hasn't and currently isn't. I don't see why I need to appease my thoughts if I don't agree. I'm not asking you all to do that so why ask that of me? I'm having a discussion about the future of this team and you all just want things to stay the same. So what do you expect will change if we keep things and keep doing things the same? If you do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result, what is that? That's called insanity.

It is insane to think that if we keep doing the same things we've been doing the last 8-9 years, that we will end up any better than what we've been ending up as. Sorry, I want this team to be a juggernaut again. I want to win 2 Super Bowls within a 5 year span again. I want to go to 3 Super Bowls within a 7 year span again. We won't do that by doing the same thing that's kept us out of the Super Bowl the last 8 years.

Respond all you want and I won't respond back but that's what I'm trying to say and what's what my opinion is. Sorry, but nothing will change my mind until I am proven wrong by this team.
Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That's what discussions are about. But again, you're backhanded comments & your vendetta aren't helping the discussion. I personally got exhausted with you. You acted asinine & crass. Just don't be surprised that none of us will want to discuss anything with you based off the way you have acted. You be you though, and we'll continue doing what we do. Some of us are simply learning not to engage you, something I think @Psych-Ward already learned this offseason.

For the record, and for umpteenth time, nobody is saying we are happy with the results... simply implying that 13-3 shouldn't be disregarded as unsuccessful, embarrassing or brutal. We all want the same thing... To win Super Bowls. Because if we didn't then whats the point? Quit getting confused over that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not real sure where this went off the tracks, but it is what it is at this point. If you feel the rest of the board has treated you unfairly or you've been made to feel some kind of way...it certainly wasn't intentional on my part and I doubt it was on anyone's part.

I've seen you and Psych dueling over Kapernick...that's a hot coal topic, people feel pretty strongly on both sides of that issue, so sure it can get sideways as does many things in the political folder.

One thing you continue to say that I don't understand...you think we're OKAY with a 13-3 season and getting bounced in the 1st playoff game...nothing could be further from the truth. But as @FaCe-LeE-uS said, it's not embarrassing or pathetic...imo when you start peeling back the onion, the Steelers simply were not as good as that 13-3 record indicated, it was more who they played.

The Steelers did make some major staff changes (new OC) in spite of a top 10 OFC so they also understand that they underachieved. New DL coach, and DB coach...they're not standing pat. We're all centered around watching them improve the talent via FA and the draft now. Venting about the season?...I'm done with that...doesn't mean I'm okay with it.

Close...I'm not going to ask you to stay, or ask you to leave, it's your call...I AM truly okay with either choice you make.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is our pick at 28?

We'll probably have a better idea after the combine and see who they invite for formal visits. Right now I have a feeling it's Rashaad Evans....from Bama...3rd ILB off the board.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That's what discussions are about. But again, you're backhanded comments & your vendetta aren't helping the discussion. I personally got exhausted with you. You acted asinine & crass. Just don't be surprised that none of us will want to discuss anything with you based off the way you have acted. You be you though, and we'll continue doing what we do. Some of us are simply learning not to engage you, something I think @Psych-Ward already learned this offseason.

For the record, and for umpteenth time, nobody is saying we are happy with the results... simply implying that 13-3 shouldn't be disregarded as unsuccessful, embarrassing or brutal. We all want the same thing... To win Super Bowls. Because if we didn't then whats the point? Quit getting confused over that.

This off-season????

Ummm, it was long before that.
The respect theory is one sided, his side only.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I only caught the back-end of it then.

Big reason I haven't been on the Steelers board a whole lot, and when I do, I would tag the people I want to talk with. I know I'm no saint, but I respect and listen to y'all opinions. Interacted and pay well with others, until my intelligence is insulted.

I'm very passionate about the Steelers, just as we all are.... have been a bit overzealous about the diva Shit, but I'm not one from the new generation. But y'all know I'll call a spade a spade.

:suds:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I pulled up 7 random mock drafts. Here's what they have us doing with 28:

Walter Football - Lamar Jackson, QB from Louisville

As much as I'd love Lamar Jackson, I don't think a QB should be our first priority.

CBS Sports - Jaire Alexander, CB from Louisville

The right position in my opinion but the wrong player. He only played 6 games last season but, Burns hasn't performed, Golson was always injured, Sutton was on the IR, Allen played 1 game. We gotta draft our CBs and Safeties better. With that said, I think this guy is the wrong choice at the right position.

Bleacher Report - Harold Landry, DE from Boston College

Really haven't read much about this kid but from what I've read and heard, he got a combine invite and is one of the top pass-rushing prospects in the draft. But, he missed the final four games of the season due to an ankle injury. Don't like this pick at all.

Washington Post and SEC Country - Rashaan Evans, LB from Alabama

This is probably as good as we are gonna get to be honest. Not much CB talent in the later rounds, however, our best secondary players is someone we drafted late in the 2nd round, Sean Davis. Evans was pretty good at Bama, he's not exactly a Shazier type LB but I still think he can be a pretty good pro LB.

DraftTek - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, EDGE from Oklahoma

Can honestly say that I've never heard of this guy. But the talent towards the end of the first round when it comes to Corners and Safeties are very slim. From what I'm reading, people compare him to the style of Brian Orakpo, but struggled against Georgia's Isaiah Wynn in the Rose Bowl.

Behind the Steel Curtain - Justin Reid, Safety from Stanford

5 INTs and 94 tackles last year and he's the younger brother of Eric Reid, Safety from the 49ers. Between Alexander and Reid, I'd take Reid just based on his speed.

Obviously these will change after the Combine, but right now, not liking these options.