• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone us gonna argue rankings thought......like myself im not sold that barkley is so great.....hes a great pass catcher, and can break long ones, but i dunno about b/w the tackles, hes have 25 carries for 154 yards with an 86 yarder and 30 yarder mixed in, take those out and he had 23 carries that were bad, is saw it alot
I agree. Plus the PSU RB curse is in play. No stars in the NFL since Franco. Warner in Seattle had a rew good years then faded. The rest either flopped or had their careers cut short by injury.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jefferson is good, really good, just his football motivation is questioned
Walter football said he’s not good in pass coverage or taking on blocks in the run game. IMO that doesn’t sound like he’s a good fit in the Steelers’ D scheme.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter football said he’s not good in pass coverage or taking on blocks in the run game. IMO that doesn’t sound like he’s a good fit in the Steelers’ D scheme.
true, also one mans opinion, probably need to research some more. I really like that site, hes USUALLY right, so u may be on point

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Plus the PSU RB curse is in play. No stars in the NFL since Franco. Warner in Seattle had a rew good years then faded. The rest either flopped or had their careers cut short by injury.
generational talent, only ran for 100 yards 15 of 38 games.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting that CBS has both top ILBs on the board at 28. Edmunds is interesting as a talent...he's played some ILB...his frame says edge, but I do think CBS has this right. If he runs well at the combine, he will likely be the 1st LB off the board....which kinda helps the Steelers imo.

McShay's pick I don't quite understand...Josh Jackson, CB

If they make this guy #28...do they release Haden? Bench Burns?

Burns needs to step up his game to deserve a second contract, but I just don't see adding another high pick at CB yet.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that CBS has both top ILBs on the board at 28. Edmunds is interesting as a talent...he's played some ILB...his frame says edge, but I do think CBS has this right. If he runs well at the combine, he will likely be the 1st LB off the board....which kinda helps the Steelers imo.

Burns needs to step up his game to deserve a second contract, but I just don't see adding another high pick at CB yet.

They release Haden 100%. Josh Jackson is one of my top wants in this draft but I don't see him lasting til 28.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They release Haden 100%. Josh Jackson is one of my top wants in this draft but I don't see him lasting til 28.

Okay...if that could happen...they would clear some cap for sure. If you take him at 28 (assuming he's there)...you still have the same two holes you started with...so...I'm curious to know your next steps.

#60?

#92?

#139?

#220?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackson’s a stud, getting him
On in any form
Is not a negative

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson’s a stud, getting him
On in any form
Is not a negative

Idk the kid aside from seeing his highlights...nice, no pushback from me, if you insert him in Haden's slot, they still have ILB and FS that must be addressed in this draft.

I'd be okay with Jackson, but not without upgrading FS and getting another ILB. I've heard very good things about this small school kid, Darius Leonard at LB....find a FS...I can work with that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk the kid aside from seeing his highlights...nice, no pushback from me, if you insert him in Haden's slot, they still have ILB and FS that must be addressed in this draft.

I'd be okay with Jackson, but not without upgrading FS and getting another ILB. I've heard very good things about this small school kid, Darius Leonard at LB....find a FS...I can work with that.
I completely agree

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about all the talk about moving Davis to FS? Does that mean the Steelers are targeting a specific SS in FA or the draft??? Who could it be, any ideas?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about all the talk about moving Davis to FS? Does that mean the Steelers are targeting a specific SS in FA or the draft??? Who could it be, any ideas?
think it means mitchell is gone, and they're looking in free agency or draft, see my other thread about the chargers safety

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only places that I've read about the Davis move to FS has been media driven. Haven't heard it out of the mouth of any coach yet (unless I missed something), so I'm not taking it seriously. The offseason is full of media speculation making it difficult to decipher what is serious or not. I've even heard about Brian Allen transitioning to safety.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of the move. Davis has ok coverage skills when working near the LOS. Backfield coverage at FS is a whole different type of coverage that he would have to learn. You're not simply playing 1-2 players in man or zone, you are reading the plays and reacting to the WRs & QB. FS needs to be cerebral. I don't want another lumbering SS-type bandaid playing the FS position anymore. Haven't we learn our lesson with Mitchell?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better mean he's gone. I'll go take a look at that.
ATL & I talked about it briefly some time ago but we think Mitchell is going to take a paycut if it means getting to stay with the team.

I think all of us would much rather see him playing in different colors.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL & I talked about it briefly some time ago but we think Mitchell is going to take a paycut if it means getting to stay with the team.

I think all of us would much rather see him playing in different colors.
I agree. I don't want him as a $3 or $4 mil/year back up. But we all know his lockerroom leadership is gonna play in his staying whether we like it or not.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't want him as a $3 or $4 mil/year back up. But we all know his lockerroom leadership is gonna play in his staying whether we like it or not.
Yep. The leadership role goes a country mile in Tomlin's eyes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much can you lead when you're not playing? I would think when the young guys see the tape after the game and see Mitchell getting blown up or taking yet another bad angle giving up 6...how much trust can you put in what that guys says?

While realizing it's possible Mitchell is back at a lower cap hit...we all just want to move on...peacefully...:nod:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...if that could happen...they would clear some cap for sure. If you take him at 28 (assuming he's there)...you still have the same two holes you started with...so...I'm curious to know your next steps.

#60?

#92?

#139?

#220?

Trade up. That's the answer to our issues. Go reach for someone, don't settle for whoever is left.

But like I said, I don't think he's gonna be available and I don't think, unfortunately, that Haden gets released. I think the Steelers draft LB at 28 no matter what. Best LB on the board is who they go with. Is that the right move? That's debatable. But I think that's what they go with.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up. That's the answer to our issues. Go reach for someone, don't settle for whoever is left.

But like I said, I don't think he's gonna be available and I don't think, unfortunately, that Haden gets released. I think the Steelers draft LB at 28 no matter what. Best LB on the board is who they go with. Is that the right move? That's debatable. But I think that's what they go with.
The lack of depth at OLB and a starter at ILB kinda forces their hand this year. They usually go BPA but the unexpected lose of Shazier forces their hand. You can't blame them cause you can't ever plan for something like that happening. If they cut Mitchell and can't sign Bell it could shake up their draft board. Well have to wait and see how FA shakes out but they could surprise us and go BPA in the first round. They've had guys drop to them late in the first before (DeCastro).