• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Signing Veteran QB Luke McCown
Nate Bouda 4 days ago Cowboys, NFL Transactions 0 Comments

The Dallas Cowboys are signing veteran QB Luke McCown to a one-year contract Friday night, according to his agent.

McCown, 36, was taken in the fourth round of the 2004 draft by the Browns. He’s a well-traveled quarterback who has played for a number of teams including the Jaguars, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Saints.

New Orleans re-signed McCown last year to a two-year, $3 million contract this offseason, but he was cut loose a just a month later.

In 2015, McCown appeared in eight games for the Saints and threw for 335 yards while completing 82.1 percent of his passes to go along with one touchdown and no interceptions.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Signing Veteran QB Luke McCown
Nate Bouda 4 days ago Cowboys, NFL Transactions 0 Comments

The Dallas Cowboys are signing veteran QB Luke McCown to a one-year contract Friday night, according to his agent.

McCown, 36, was taken in the fourth round of the 2004 draft by the Browns. He’s a well-traveled quarterback who has played for a number of teams including the Jaguars, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Saints.

New Orleans re-signed McCown last year to a two-year, $3 million contract this offseason, but he was cut loose a just a month later.

In 2015, McCown appeared in eight games for the Saints and threw for 335 yards while completing 82.1 percent of his passes to go along with one touchdown and no interceptions.
I think he's no more than a camp arm and a QB who could be brought back due to injury.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's no more than a camp arm and a QB who could be brought back due to injury.
Could be, but he's probably better than Moore. Of course no sense keeping McCown unless you go 3 deep when you have a young buck like Dak. At some point hopefully we get a better backup QB Than Moore, but not sure this is the way to go.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but he's probably better than Moore. Of course no sense keeping McCown unless you go 3 deep when you have a young buck like Dak. At some point hopefully we get a better backup QB Than Moore, but not sure this is the way to go.
Not a fan of Moore's but the team likes him.
My guess it's Dak, Moore on the roster with Rush on the PS.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, sans injury it's most likely Dak and Moore this year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is a smart guy and knows this offense like the back of his hand. Takes what the defense gives and is excellent for the continued development of Dak

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is a smart guy and knows this offense like the back of his hand. Takes what the defense gives and is excellent for the continued development of Dak
Won't argue this, it's just that I don't see him as a NFL QB. The FO likes him him thats what counts.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't argue this, it's just that I don't see him as a NFL QB. The FO likes him him thats what counts.
I see him as a middle of the pack NFL back-up QB. Look at the back ups around this league....very few if any can consistently win in this league without extreme talent around them. Moore is no different and can do a good job for a game, maybe two. I look at the 2015 game against the Jets. Moore brings more than you think. I sure as hell don't see a player like Chase Daniels as a sure fire upgrade, but that's just my opinion

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him as a middle of the pack NFL back-up QB. Look at the back ups around this league....very few if any can consistently win in this league without extreme talent around them. Moore is no different and can do a good job for a game, maybe two. I look at the 2015 game against the Jets. Moore brings more than you think. I sure as hell don't see a player like Chase Daniels as a sure fire upgrade, but that's just my opinion
Thats s fair opinion on BUs.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is important to keep familiar faces around a young QB regardless of all his success. Moore didn't dress out a game last yr, but at every time out you say him in street clothes.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico Gathers is going to make this roster, guys. I thought he looked pretty good last night, had a nice TD catch. On the diving catch where Gathers bounced back to his feat, he showed some suddenness that many people didn't think he had - may not be fast, but he's not slow. And the size is apparent, he's huge out there.

Rico is developing nicely. Coaches and scouts already like his blocking ability. He is one of the players I am most excited to see the remainder of pre-season.

Also, Rod Smith looked really good last night - Alfred Morris' roster spot is in danger.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico Gathers is going to make this roster, guys. I thought he looked pretty good last night, had a nice TD catch. On the diving catch where Gathers bounced back to his feat, he showed some suddenness that many people didn't think he had - may not be fast, but he's not slow. And the size is apparent, he's huge out there.

Rico is developing nicely. Coaches and scouts already like his blocking ability. He is one of the players I am most excited to see the remainder of pre-season.

Also, Rod Smith looked really good last night - Alfred Morris' roster spot is in danger.

Rico is still a work in progress. I wish there was a sure way to get him on the PS to keep developing but he would get snatched up in a millisecond. I'd prefer Swaim as the backup at least to start the year, and not sure if Rico is ST material. I still certainly love the potential but reading reviews of his work in ST he still has a lot of work to go on the basics. He's still struggling where to be, how to read who is guy is, and blocking. He has the hands, now needs to round the rest of his skills to just "average" and he's going to be a stud.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Gathers will be two fold IMO. First is the missed plays and assignments and his blocking. What I read a while back (before this offseason) was he still had a lot to learn in these areas and that is going to be key if we can't trust him. It's not just about making positive plays it's also about avoiding negative plays. The second is a numbers game. I dont think he beats out Witten, Swaim or Hannah, but we won't have an issue going 4 there if we like him. We went 5 for the start of one season. Now being active on game day will be a little tougher.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico is still a work in progress. I wish there was a sure way to get him on the PS to keep developing but he would get snatched up in a millisecond. I'd prefer Swaim as the backup at least to start the year, and not sure if Rico is ST material. I still certainly love the potential but reading reviews of his work in ST he still has a lot of work to go on the basics. He's still struggling where to be, how to read who is guy is, and blocking. He has the hands, now needs to round the rest of his skills to just "average" and he's going to be a stud.

Sure, Rico definitely has work to do, and lots to improve on. You can see the talent, though. Another year of development would be ideal, but as you said, there is no way Dallas will be able to sneak him onto the practice squad again. Dallas can carry him as a 4th TE, and continue developing him. He doesn't need to see the field very often, if at all, although I imagine he will have a use as a red zone threat right out of the gate. He's gonna be good, and worth the growing pains.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now how about Rod Smith? I know it was against third stringers, but man, he looked good!

Taco looked like a plain soft taco. No sour cream, tomatoes, or anything. Certainly no hot sauce... Can we trade him for TJ Watt straight up, 1:1 - right now? (I kid... maybe...)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now how about Rod Smith? I know it was against third stringers, but man, he looked good!

Taco looked like a plain soft taco. No sour cream, tomatoes, or anything. Certainly no hot sauce... Can we trade him for TJ Watt straight up, 1:1 - right now? (I kid... maybe...)[/QUOT

Rod Smith looked really good. Alf is in trouble. Rod looks like a guy that can do about anything. He ran inside and outside. Caught some passes. Gamer.