• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Brown brought much needed speed to the secondary last season. Hopefully he continues to improve.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis? 5 years ago I'd be doing this for a week:hammer:

Today I pass. I really think he is done. He was horrible last year. He has always been a "me first" player and out to get every possible penny he could so he won't come for cheap. Maybe his selfishness actually caused him to not try last year and he still can play. I know there was talk of not being in shape and maybe if he is in shape he can be a top corner again, but too much going against him at this point. Also, I disagree that his attitude fits our culture. He cares more about himself than his team. Not the "right kind of guy".

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis? 5 years ago I'd be doing this for a week:hammer:

Today I pass. I really think he is done. He was horrible last year. He has always been a "me first" player and out to get every possible penny he could so he won't come for cheap. Maybe his selfishness actually caused him to not try last year and he still can play. I know there was talk of not being in shape and maybe if he is in shape he can be a top corner again, but too much going against him at this point. Also, I disagree that his attitude fits our culture. He cares more about himself than his team. Not the "right kind of guy".
But Revis five years ago wouldn't have been anywhere near our price range.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's cheap and motivated I would be totally willing to give him a shot. I do think he's lost a step but I also don't think last year is where he's at. That whole Jets team was a disaster, everyone underachieved, nobody tried.

As of now we're banking heavily on hitting with those draft picks. If they are a miss or we have an injury our secondary thins out real quick. In a division that just added Brandon Marshall, a first round TE and Alshon Jeffrey we better be ready to go.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe...

Would he be somewhat cheap? Would he be motivated? Does he have a desire to wear the star? Would he be an asset with the younger DB's and their growth? Would me match up well with the Marshall and the Jeffrey type of receivers?

Stranger things have happened. I'd kick the tires!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis is going to make $6mil from the Jets to not play. He has offset language in his contract. There is no way this guy plays for free, which is what he would be doing for any contract that would pay less than $6mil.

IMO, realistically it would take a $8-9mil deal to entice Revis to play - and based on last years performance he's not worth it anymore.

Bank that salary cap space, roll it over and front load the hell out of new contracts for Martin and Collins in 2018.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's cheap and motivated I would be totally willing to give him a shot. I do think he's lost a step but I also don't think last year is where he's at. That whole Jets team was a disaster, everyone underachieved, nobody tried.

As of now we're banking heavily on hitting with those draft picks. If they are a miss or we have an injury our secondary thins out real quick. In a division that just added Brandon Marshall, a first round TE and Alshon Jeffrey we better be ready to go.
Correct and therein lies the rub. I for one don't often bank on rookies year 1. Optimism for them, heck yea, but patience is the key. Many guys just aren't ready for a big role year 1 and there is nothing wrong with that. We have Brown (still a little unproven), Scandrick (injuries) and Carroll (average at best) if all 3 rookie CBs shit the bed and that could be a concern. If one of them is playable we are pretty good. If more than one we are pretty darn solid. But, if none are ready we could struggle mightily. But, I think with the numbers we have right now the only way we bring in a corner is after we see how game ready the kids are year 1 or if it is a guy that can be cut with little cap issue. The odds are at least one of the kids is ready to play IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe...

Would he be somewhat cheap? Would he be motivated? Does he have a desire to wear the star? Would he be an asset with the younger DB's and their growth? Would me match up well with the Marshall and the Jeffrey type of receivers?

Stranger things have happened. I'd kick the tires!
It's free, so Always kick the tires.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a lot of "Daryle Lamonica" passes against the secondary until they prove that's not the thing to do against them And I have high hopes the young guys will start picking footballs out of the air to discourage that behavior and with the exception of Eli Manning world will get out

JMHO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. That guys a beast and should be hitting his prime soon. So who gets his old spot?
It's a competition, I think it will be Cooper, though it could be Green or Bell. Getting to play on a line with 3 All Pro's will help either guy out a lot IMO