• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else a little disappointed that Kavon Frazier didn't seem to step up? I like him and thought he was going to be right in the middle of the battle for PT at safety and it just didn't seem like he did anything to show he deserves it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerruh says Noah brown will be on the 53 man roster. What's not to like about that hit he put on the colts punter? Brown is not afraid to block if he is playing receiver either. A good move for the future IMO. would love to see him lay out Josh norman.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys released S Robert Blanton.

Blanton is a veteran with starting experience and an asset on special teams, so it is somewhat surprising he could not carve out a role in the Cowboys' questionable secondary.

Put this is my Kavon Frazier category above. Blanton was like the invisible man this offseason. Not surprised he was cut but expected more from him

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I get this unless Lewis goes on IR...but I'm all for adding players the scouts like
I think it's for vet presence in case the mass amount of Rooks aren't quite ready. I don't know enough about him to call the move good or not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's for vet presence in case the mass amount of Rooks aren't quite ready. I don't know enough about him to call the move good or not.
He was a starter with Carolina until Julio put up 300 on him. More a slot guy than outside. I guess a Vet but not a ton of experience. No issue with getting the player but wasn't sure why gave up a 6th for him. Clearly the thought is he sticks the year at a minimum if they gave up that pick and not that they are planning on cutting him once the DEs and injured guys come back. Who knows could be a great STs guy or and up winning a job. Not like we let go of anyone I think was going to play a big role although I was pulling for Marquez White and hope he makes the PS.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else a little disappointed that Kavon Frazier didn't seem to step up? I like him and thought he was going to be right in the middle of the battle for PT at safety and it just didn't seem like he did anything to show he deserves it.
Frazier probaby played as well as byron. No big plays,but really no bad plays.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a starter with Carolina until Julio put up 300 on him. More a slot guy than outside. I guess a Vet but not a ton of experience. No issue with getting the player but wasn't sure why gave up a 6th for him. Clearly the thought is he sticks the year at a minimum if they gave up that pick and not that they are planning on cutting him once the DEs and injured guys come back. Who knows could be a great STs guy or and up winning a job. Not like we let go of anyone I think was going to play a big role although I was pulling for Marquez White and hope he makes the PS.
Is it a 6th? I read it is a conditional late round 2019 pick. I'm guessing if he's released by a certain week this season we keep our pick, if he sticks and plays well it might be a 5th.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am slightly bummed we did not keep neal, but otherwise I liked what we did. The cowboys are loaded on offense. Glad rod smith made it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Ward would look real good with a star on his hat...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a 6th? I read it is a conditional late round 2019 pick. I'm guessing if he's released by a certain week this season we keep our pick, if he sticks and plays well it might be a 5th.
Not sure. I saw 2019 6th. But yes, I also saw conditional so who knows. Would actually like it if we didn't have to give up a pick if we cut him. Maybe that's part of it

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. I saw 2019 6th. But yes, I also saw conditional so who knows. Would actually like it if we didn't have to give up a pick if we cut him. Maybe that's part of it
Lets not forget, Dallas traded a conditional pick to Seattle for Christine Michael. Held on to him long enough to seal the pick into the deal, then released Micheal and Seattle picked him back up

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 53 man roster is shaping up nicely. My way too early guess at the roster and depth chart....

QB -- D.Prescott, K.Moore, C.Rush
RB -- E.Elliott, D.McFadden, A.Morris
FB -- K.Smith
WR -- D.Bryant, C.Beasley, T.Williams, B.Butler, R.Switzer, N.Brown
TE -- J.Witten, G.Swaim, J.Hanna, R.Gathers
OT -- T.Smith, L.Collins, B.Bell, C.Green
OG -- Z.Martin, J.Cooper, J.Looney
C -- T.Frederick

DE -- D.Lawrence, B.Mayowa, D.Irving, T.Charlton, C.Tapper, D.Moore
DT -- T.Crawford, M.Collins, C.Thornton, S.Paea
OLB -- S.Lee, D.Wilson, K.Wilber, M.Nzeocha
MLB -- J.Smith, A.Hitchens
CB -- O.Scandrick, A.Brown, C.Awuzie, J.Lewis, N.Carroll
SS -- X.Woods, K.Frazier
FS -- B.Jones, J.Heath

K -- D.Bailey
P -- C.Jones
LS -- L.P.Ladouceur

Posted the above on May 14

I only missed three on the 53, and the trade doesn't really count! Rod Smith, Durant, and Benwickere. Durant and Benwickere obviously were not on the roster at the time of this post. Kellen Moore didn't technically make the roster, but he did. Not too shabby...

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Blogging the Boys
The Bene Benwikere trade was a solid move

Benwikere is not the guy who is going to come to town and transform the defense, but he is a solid depth guy who can make a play at a critical juncture. He has done that in the league, during his time in Carolina. While he had not developed as it was once hoped, he does bring talent and health to a team that is looking to revitalize a defensive secondary that has needed a shot in the arm for the past few seasons.

The Cowboys knew that he was not going to make the final 53 in Cincinnati and they felt he would not make it to them on waivers. The Bengals got a conditional draft pick in exchange for a veteran corner with some starting experience. It was a win for everyone involved.

Trade makes sense with the whole waiver thing

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa signs ward for one year 5 million!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Blogging the Boys
The Bene Benwikere trade was a solid move

Benwikere is not the guy who is going to come to town and transform the defense, but he is a solid depth guy who can make a play at a critical juncture. He has done that in the league, during his time in Carolina. While he had not developed as it was once hoped, he does bring talent and health to a team that is looking to revitalize a defensive secondary that has needed a shot in the arm for the past few seasons.

The Cowboys knew that he was not going to make the final 53 in Cincinnati and they felt he would not make it to them on waivers. The Bengals got a conditional draft pick in exchange for a veteran corner with some starting experience. It was a win for everyone involved.

Trade makes sense with the whole waiver thing
I didn't know he was still eligible for waivers and that does change things. But, my original thoughts on the trade still stand about the same for me. If they are planning to have him on the 53 all year it's worth a 6th (or whatever it is). If they aren't then it's not because he isn't likely to start or even play in the nickel if the kids are healthy and play well. Perhaps the team doesn't feel Awuzie and Lewis will be ready to contribute this year. If that is the case then it is a very good trade. Or if they think he is better than Carroll it is also a really good move. I guess we need to see their plans. I'm never one to get upset about bringing in young vets and I don't go overboard on how good our young guys are until I see it on the field. So no issues with move, just thinking out loud. As the old saying goes "you can never have too many cover guys"