• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he was still eligible for waivers and that does change things. But, my original thoughts on the trade still stand about the same for me. If they are planning to have him on the 53 all year it's worth a 6th (or whatever it is). If they aren't then it's not because he isn't likely to start or even play in the nickel if the kids are healthy and play well. Perhaps the team doesn't feel Awuzie and Lewis will be ready to contribute this year. If that is the case then it is a very good trade. Or if they think he is better than Carroll it is also a really good move. I guess we need to see their plans. I'm never one to get upset about bringing in young vets and I don't go overboard on how good our young guys are until I see it on the field. So no issues with move, just thinking out loud. As the old saying goes "you can never have too many cover guys"
When the trade was announced first thing I thought was Carroll being cut.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New cornerback Bene Benwikere needs to be on the Cowboys' 46-man gameday roster four times in order for the Cincinnati Bengals to receive Dallas' sixth-round pick in 2019, according to the conditions of Saturday's trade.

So if he's kept off the 46 we kerp him and keep the pick. Of course we could place him on the 46 weeks 1 through 4, cut him before week 5 and lose both.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New cornerback Bene Benwikere needs to be on the Cowboys' 46-man gameday roster four times in order for the Cincinnati Bengals to receive Dallas' sixth-round pick in 2019, according to the conditions of Saturday's trade.

So if he's kept off the 46 we kerp him and keep the pick. Of course we could place him on the 46 weeks 1 through 4, cut him before week 5 and lose both.
that sounds more like it to me. Just didn't make sense the other way. Now I like it and I hope we lose the pick and he turns out to be a player or we make a quick decision and let loose

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it with Benwikere is he has until Jourdan Lewis is healthy to audition for Nolan Carrol's spot.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Romo is gone and will never ever win them a championship like I've been saying from day 1 here and over on ESPN 's old site. DMac still playing for team at a high enough level to start if Zeke is suspended. Not one of you here saw this coming and ridiculed me for years.

Keep up the great "football analysis" here guys!
:lol:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Todd Archer.
If new linebacker Jayrone Elliott is on the Cowboys' 46-man roster for three games, then the Green Bay Packers will receive Dallas' seventh round pick in 2018.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Todd Archer.
If new linebacker Jayrone Elliott is on the Cowboys' 46-man roster for three games, then the Green Bay Packers will receive Dallas' seventh round pick in 2018.
I like what they were able to do with all of these conditional picks. Ideal situation both guys become contributors and we are glad to give up the picks, but love how we protected ourselves in case they don't work out.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what they were able to do with all of these conditional picks. Ideal situation both guys become contributors and we are glad to give up the picks, but love how we protected ourselves in case they don't work out.
As long as they dont end up like the Christine Michael conditional picks. That was 4 games onbthe 46, and Seattle got the pick. Michaels was in the roster one more game and released. Yes ONE game more thsn needed and released. Seattle resigned him as soon as we released him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they dont end up like the Christine Michael conditional picks. That was 4 games onbthe 46, and Seattle got the pick. Michaels was in the roster one more game and released. Yes ONE game more thsn needed and released. Seattle resigned him as soon as we released him.
Very different situation. That wasn't about a young kid that never really played and may or may not stick long term. That was about a guy that we thought had a shot to be our starting or at least contributing RB for a little while. So I was OK with that one because I think the risk was worth it even though he didn't work out. Plus he got us that big first down:thumb:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very different situation. That wasn't about a young kid that never really played and may or may not stick long term. That was about a guy that we thought had a shot to be our starting or at least contributing RB for a little while. So I was OK with that one because I think the risk was worth it even though he didn't work out. Plus he got us that big first down:thumb:
My complaint isnt the trade, it the fact they had him on the roster 10 minutes longer than required to cement the pick to Seattle, then released him. I'd think if he wasn't panning out they'd have released him after 3 games instead.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last minute roster notes:
Will Zeke play week 1? I think so and unless the NFL makes an announcement by 4 pm EST he will.

Starting LG? Still unclear. Green if healthy? Is Green ever healthy? Otherwise Cooper?

Kellen Moore resigned to the 53. Wonder if he makes it through the suspension returns. Rush ready to be part of 46 or play it safe with Moore?

Tyrone Crawford looks like he is ready to play week 1:suds:. Big news for us with all the guys missing this week. Wonder if he plays DE or DT. After cutting Thornton DT gets interesting if Price not ready. Maybe Crawford starts at DE and kicks inside if needed?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Romo is gone and will never ever win them a championship like I've been saying from day 1 here and over on ESPN 's old site. DMac still playing for team at a high enough level to start if Zeke is suspended. Not one of you here saw this coming and ridiculed me for years.

Keep up the great "football analysis" here guys!
:lol:
Dmac playing at a high level? Have you followed his career?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last minute roster notes:
Will Zeke play week 1? I think so and unless the NFL makes an announcement by 4 pm EST he will.

Starting LG? Still unclear. Green if healthy? Is Green ever healthy? Otherwise Cooper?

Kellen Moore resigned to the 53. Wonder if he makes it through the suspension returns. Rush ready to be part of 46 or play it safe with Moore?

Tyrone Crawford looks like he is ready to play week 1:suds:. Big news for us with all the guys missing this week. Wonder if he plays DE or DT. After cutting Thornton DT gets interesting if Price not ready. Maybe Crawford starts at DE and kicks inside if needed?
Crawford gets paid like 450k per sack. I may be low on that assumption.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Todd Archer.
To me the Cowboys stole the kid. Lots of upside.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaz Green - T - Cowboys
Chaz Green has won the Cowboys' starting left guard job.

Jonathan Cooper is the backup. Green is a former third-round pick who has appeared in just four career games due to a multitude of injuries. He's replacing Ronald Leary, who left for Denver, and La'El Collins is at right tackle. On paper, the Cowboys' offensive line has taken a step back this year.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaz Green - T - Cowboys
Chaz Green has won the Cowboys' starting left guard job.

Jonathan Cooper is the backup. Green is a former third-round pick who has appeared in just four career games due to a multitude of injuries. He's replacing Ronald Leary, who left for Denver, and La'El Collins is at right tackle. On paper, the Cowboys' offensive line has taken a step back this year.

Judging by all that I have read this preseason, this is one of those moves where Green is being shoehorned into the starting LG spot. Most scouts opinions that I have read agree that Cooper played better than Green at LG, couple that with the fact Green gets hurt every other 15 minutes, and it makes me question the decision a little bit. Most scouts also seem to think Green has the higher upside between he and Cooper, so there's that, but Green didn't "earn" the starting job. Obviously, the coaching staff gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the offensive line, but this move is a slight head scratcher for me.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by all that I have read this preseason, this is one of those moves where Green is being shoehorned into the starting LG spot. Most scouts opinions that I have read agree that Cooper played better than Green at LG, couple that with the fact Green gets hurt every other 15 minutes, and it makes me question the decision a little bit. Most scouts also seem to think Green has the higher upside between he and Cooper, so there's that, but Green didn't "earn" the starting job. Obviously, the coaching staff gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the offensive line, but this move is a slight head scratcher for me.
Cooper really has not impressed me as a pass protector. He fooled me as he looked so impressive in college. I would prefer looney over Cooper at LG.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper really has not impressed me as a pass protector. He fooled me as he looked so impressive in college. I would prefer looney over Cooper at LG.

Cooper is not much more than average, at best. At least he can line up and play, though. Continuity is important, and shuffling guys in and out of the lineup because they can't stay healthy is not a recipe for success. Even if Green is a slightly better LG than Cooper, what does it matter if Green can't stay on the field for more than a few snaps at a time? Looney is not an option as a starter, IMO.