• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Pirates

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his strikeout problems will keep teams from giving up anything for him. It's a shame to lose him, but he's not likely to contribute here, and you never know how many arms you'll need.
Yeah the total lack of taking a pitch will hurt his chances. The Power potential and good arm could translate to a 4th or 5th OF on a team at some point.

The pitching I agree you can never have enough but with the vast number of relief pitchers still on the market I wonder if one DFA'ed could slip through? As for Garcia, with his potential and prospect ranking I see a team taking a chance on him, but in the grand scheme I doubt he ever plays for the Pirates outside a sept call-up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are going to have a really young rotation this year. 3/5 of the rotation playing their first full year in the big leagues.

With McCutchen being a wildcard and the Chubs being so damn good.. it might be the smart move, but we wont contend for the division unless we get really lucky with our young rotation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Pirates will consider moving Cutch to the leadoff spot this year. With a good, all-around bat in Bell now in the everyday lineup, and Cutch probably having the best on-base skill with decent if unspectacular baserunning, he might be the best fit there.

Cutch
Bell
Polanco
Kang
Marte
Harrison
Cervelli
Mercer

That would probably be a pretty strong lineup. If Kang ends up not being able to play, Freese slots in third, Polanco fifth, and Marte fourth, I'd think.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Pirates will consider moving Cutch to the leadoff spot this year. With a good, all-around bat in Bell now in the everyday lineup, and Cutch probably having the best on-base skill with decent if unspectacular baserunning, he might be the best fit there.

Cutch
Bell
Polanco
Kang
Marte
Harrison
Cervelli
Mercer

That would probably be a pretty strong lineup. If Kang ends up not being able to play, Freese slots in third, Polanco fifth, and Marte fourth, I'd think.

I like trying Cutch in leadoff, but sticking our 2 lhh back to back i'm not so sure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have DFA'd Brady Dragmire.

PICK HIM UP PICK HIM UP PICK HIM UP!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have DFA'd Brady Dragmire.

PICK HIM UP PICK HIM UP PICK HIM UP!
Sadly the reason it happened this time was due to the Rangers signing Tyson Ross who I would have liked for that price in Pittsburgh.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates Moving Starling Marte To Center Field?

Probably the best thing for the OF going forward.

7drHiqr.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glasnow might have a changeup this year, and he's incorporating his old 2-seam, as well. He's also fixing a mechanical problem with overstriding he developed last season. Hopefully the combination of those four things will make him something closer to the pitcher we've been hoping him to be.

I'd love to see him win a job out of Spring Training and turn into AJ Burnett for the year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates, Braves Among Teams To Make Offers To Angel Pagan

I see why due to lack of 4th OF but not sure it is worth it unless they think they can be a contender.

I guess trying to see how cheap they can get him.

I think they are trying to retool and build the new 'core' around our young guys to go along with Marte and Polanco.

Trade Watson in July
Trade McCutchen in July/next offseason
Then, Cole is the next one out the door.

That isnt what I want to happen, but I think its their plan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess trying to see how cheap they can get him.

I think they are trying to retool and build the new 'core' around our young guys to go along with Marte and Polanco.

Trade Watson in July
Trade McCutchen in July/next offseason
Then, Cole is the next one out the door.

That isnt what I want to happen, but I think its their plan.

Unless Glasnow, Kingham, and at least one other pitcher step up in a big way in the next season or two, I think Cole is likely to play out his contract, unless the team is out of contention at the deadline in his final year under contract (which, barring injuries, seems unlikely given the strength of this team's core). McCutchen and Watson are only expendable in trades because we have other pieces internally to step into their roles without losing much--if any--production. Cole is a different beast in that we don't have that guy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kang's visa was denied.

That sucks for the Pirates, but I guess he earned it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah keep Kang there.

Btw....they finally release Jared Hughes after another poor ST.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we went really young. Seven players making their first opening day roster, including 4 starters.

Frazier has a chance to make that 5.

I thought for sure Glasnow would start the year in AAA. I hope he can keep his job all year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I was amazed Glasnow made the team. If his control becomes an issue I have a feeling he will have a short leash and Williams will take over.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I was amazed Glasnow made the team. If his control becomes an issue I have a feeling he will have a short leash and Williams will take over.

I think they intend to let him take his licks, because even with the control issues, his stuff is good enough to perform as a fifth starter already, and letting him struggle might be the best way for him to develop at this point anyway.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great outings so for for Taillon and Nova.

One relief appearance is enough for me...I hope Leblanc doesn't last much longer. Bad enough we have to deal with Bastardo.