• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Off season Thread

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would be nice to see Nico and Kovy on the same line. Now that yesterday is done, next thing is to figure out what to do with Kovy.

Rangers and possibly "Florida" are what we keep hearing. I just don't see Devils and Rangers making a deal. Maybe TB?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I believe we're still about $4 million under the cap floor, I could be wrong about that.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I one of the few that hope Kovy somehow comes back? Aside from the fact that I bought his jersey and have still yet to wear it (for obvious reasons), he could instantly make this team dangerous with that ridiculous shot that goes in before the goalie realized he took it in the first place. He's a guy that you have to pay extra attention to when he's on the ice, opening up room for other guys (Hall, Rico, Nico, etc.).

I know it's not gonna happen and I still have my sour grapes with him, but man do I miss watching him play.

No doubt there were some extremely hard feelings when we lost Parise, Kovy, and Clarkson in 13 months. However, Kovy makes us a better team right now, costs us literally nothing to get, and if we're being totally honest, we weren't going to win with just him when he left anyway. So in hindsight he saved us from that Jeff Vanderbeek contract debacle, cap recapture, which is a very scary thing imo and $75M.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the record I believe we're still about $4 million under the cap floor, I could be wrong about that.

We should be fine. With all the young guys making it, plus $3.5M for Severson, $1.5M for Mueller, 900K for Blender, $950 ELC for Nico we're at about $56

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually take him in at that price.... Do 3 yrs at 6.5... it's what would Shatt have gotten so no difference....

Plus for Nico n Hall, it's an elite player to work with without infringing on team morale imo.

Plus, yr 2 or 3 we could trade him

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Seriously great trade. He's young and great skater and great stats. Sure on a stacked caps team but he's a great fit for this team

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real solid move, I believe he has 2 years left on his deal? Let's see if we can find a cap strapped team to cough up a defenseman.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amazing trade. We didn't give up ANY of our original picks. The 2nd was for us taking on Marc Savard's cap hit and LTIRing him. The 3rd was for Toronto signing Lou.

So Shero basically turned those picks plus the Stempniak Trade (2nd rounder) into MoJo and Mirco Mueller. Can't be too upset about that haul for almost no real assets.

Mojo is still young too, has two years remaining, etc. Getting 50 GUARANTEED points for a 2nd rounder (That we got for a rental veteran forward) is incredible.

It's like free money.

Plus if Kovy hopefully comes back he's either going to upgrade us immediately at offense and take some pressure of Nico even being forced to make the team if he's not ready, or let him have a nice 2nd/3rd line role to start.

OR if we trade Kovy, maybe for some defensive help, things are looking up still.

Even looking at the Palmieri deal, none of those picks were our original ones.

Shero essentially turned 6 picks that weren't ours to begin with into Palms/Mirco/Mojo and Kovy is still being worked out. Playing with house money.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong but if you're the Caps, why would you prioritize Oshie over Johansson? Oshie is 30 and if he's better it's not by much. Especially considering Johansson is about to enter his prime years.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUCCESS!!!!!

got MOJO!!!!

Mojo_Jojo.gif

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let this explain it better

I have no idea why the caps did this or why they didn't shop him around the NHL to drive the price up. They easily could've traded him to the knights so they could've kept Schmidt.

Shero said he will play lw or c. So that still leaves big holes on the right side and really creates a jam on the left side. I'm assuming kovy still gets dealt but man he would look great second line rw

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong but if you're the Caps, why would you prioritize Oshie over Johansson? Oshie is 30 and if he's better it's not by much. Especially considering Johansson is about to enter his prime years.

Shootouts?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Henrique has to be the guy that gets bounced to the wing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm fine with keeping henrique. we weren't really lighting the lamp up last season and we can always use goals. i think if cory can bounce bank even a little bit thats a huge improvement on the defensive side. hes an elite goalie right? we spent a #9 pick to get him so lets go cory and make some saves. mueller i think too will prove to be pretty good.

devils added two former first round picks this summer and it only cost them 4 draft picks.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he as before....

I know Zacha can play wing too... how effective, we'll see.

I hope we see big jumps from Zacha and Woods into next season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine with keeping henrique. we weren't really lighting the lamp up last season and we can always use goals. i think if cory can bounce bank even a little bit thats a huge improvement on the defensive side. hes an elite goalie right? we spent a #9 pick to get him so lets go cory and make some saves. mueller i think too will prove to be pretty good.

devils added two former first round picks this summer and it only cost them 4 draft picks.
Thats another huge change needed as well. Cory getting back to his standards.... He has to pick up his play. Shabby defense or not, he's the guy that needs to play well.

His performance will affect his team's morale each and every game.

Lets bring back great goaltending to NJ again!