• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Off season Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could potentially see a trade for defense. Could come closer to the season with teams making last minute adjustments/getting their cap in order.

Otherwise, yeah, Cory needs a bounce back and need to cross our fingers that Santini, Severson and Mueller can take some big steps.
I have faith in Santini... had it the moment we drafted him. Severson is a regular split personality, we'll see which one shows up.

Mueller, I hope he really does pan out for us.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said it when he first went to Russia that I would not be surprised if certain powers in Russia made him run to KHL. Nothing made sense. He has a mansion in NJ that is still being built. All signs indicated he would retire in NJ and then all of sudden he leaves.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Reid Boucher's name on the league wide arbitration list. What could that guy's argument possibly be?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that rumor, nobody legit throwing it around, seems more like an idea.

Not sure I get it from the Avs standpoint. Their D is in worse shape than ours, why move a cost controlled young defenseman?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks. that was a good read and makes complete sense.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, he's probably not well liked around the league. Sounds like no one made any real attempt to get him. You'd think someone might get desperate, he's not that old but I'm thinking he's probably blacklisted to a certain extent.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last few days, reading the tabloid NYC paper headlines who love the rangers, they made is sound like Shero was an idiot and Kovy screwed the Devils.

Shero knows this was the only year we can get something for him but according to him, nobody really was interested. Why would he lie? Teams could easily come out and said that they offered this or that for Kovy and we have not seen that except from people making things up on twitter.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought teams would be interested in him and probably were to some extent. They probably just figured shero would cave on his demands which I'm glad he didn't. They also figure just wait til next year when they can have him for free.

Is kinda insulting though he wouldn't play a year for the devils and get traded at the deadline as opposed to back to Russia.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Insulting yes unless the guy was threatened or aggressively told to stay in Russia. Think Family, I would probably do same in his skates.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you the same quote from my late Dad I gave when Kovy "retired"

"Ya can't trust the damn Russkies".

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really dont see the devils making anymore moves this summer. i think they are going to go into the year with this current roster and hope for the best. hope that severson takes his game to the next level cory bounces back and that mueller comes into his own.

i bet mcloed starts the year with the team but then gets shipped down before his 9 games are up hes really the one guy i want to see this year

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont see the devils making anymore moves this summer. i think they are going to go into the year with this current roster and hope for the best. hope that severson takes his game to the next level cory bounces back and that mueller comes into his own.

i bet mcloed starts the year with the team but then gets shipped down before his 9 games are up hes really the one guy i want to see this year

You're probably right on all accounts. I'm still holding out hope for a trade for defense but not holding my breath.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I don't think so too. I mean, i guess we expected a change but who saw the trade for Mojo happening? Maybe room for surprise but I think at this point we are status quo.

Still disappointed, for my standards, about the no change/adjustment in defensive staff.... I no likey.

Come on Devils!!! no one is asking u to win the cup just win games n make playoffs(then we'll renegotiate our expectations)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like making Nico feel appreciated they need to reel in the love affair a bit. Let the guy focus and prove something first. No need to put him on a pedestal and champion him immediately. Also no need to alienate a guy like Taylor Hall. Maybe I'm over thinking it but let this play out for a bit.

Also, I'm dying to see the guy play but I also hope we're not rushing him (think Nugent Hopkins). If he's not physically ready to play it could be incredibly detrimental to have him out there getting hurt.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like making Nico feel appreciated they need to reel in the love affair a bit. Let the guy focus and prove something first. No need to put him on a pedestal and champion him immediately. Also no need to alienate a guy like Taylor Hall. Maybe I'm over thinking it but let this play out for a bit.

Also, I'm dying to see the guy play but I also hope we're not rushing him (think Nugent Hopkins). If he's not physically ready to play it could be incredibly detrimental to have him out there getting hurt.
Hmm I didn't see that as overhype.... I mean he's the devils' first first overall pick right? So I can understand that excitement and perhaps sell to the fans and community.

After you pointing it out to me, I absolutely agree about toning it down and avoid distractions for the kid. Let him be hungry, learn, play etc...

I hope Taylor Hall doesn't feel alienated, I don't think he would. Trust me, whatever love Nico is getting now is about to be tenfold when Hall approaches FA....

I'd play the kid if he's ready... see how he measures up in camp. If not, bring him on slow until at least his body begins to man up(read that he wasn't too far behind Nolan in terms of body size)