• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. From what I've heard, the Pacers don't want Kevin Love. If that's the case, what else do the Cavs have to offer. Minus Love, I don't think they have anything that would be better than the Lakers offer.

Yeah, it would require a 3rd team to get involved.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klove is a better offer than 27, 28 and Clarkson or Randle. I think they will need to give up that top pick to get PG.

Not if the Pacers don't want him he's not. Also, he's better than Randle right now, but he's also older and Randle plays defense, is more athletic and has better handles.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klove is a better offer than 27, 28 and Clarkson or Randle. I think they will need to give up that top pick to get PG.
But that contract is something that I wouldn't want. Also, Kevin Love would probably give them a better record, while not really being an contender. I'd rather get young guys with assets, and bottom out for high draft picks

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Cleveland Cavaliers Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

Paul George

George has a $19.5 cap hit, Love's at $22 mil. The NBA just announced the cap is at $99 mil. The Cavs for the 18-19 season are going to be at $126 mil, with Lebron's player option salary being calculated in. Should Lebron decline his player option and choose to resign with the Cavs, he still has that cap hold on there.

If they trade for George and only give up Love, George still will have that cap hold until he signs with another team. But then, if he does leave, that leaves the Cavs still a bit over $100 mil and just over the luxury tax. The Cavs wouldn't be significant players in free agency. You didn't think those contracts to Shumpert, TT and JR weren't going to matter, did you?

If George is gone, his cap hit doesn't matter. You renounce his rights if you need to get rid of his cap hold.

With Love gone, all they would have would be Kryie, JR, TT - a combined $50 mil.

Then you have LeBron's cap hold of $35 mill.

That leaves at least $20 mill, plus the option of LeBron opting out and renouncing his rights to take less. Not saying he would do that - but if a big-time game changer FA is ready to come, he might be willing to do it. At least the option is on the table.

If the Cavs have Love or Butler or someone on the book still... there's no option at all. Even if LeBron wanted to take less it wouldn't matter, nothing you can do.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it would require a 3rd team to get involved.

Which is the problem, imo. First, you have to have a team that wants Love and where he will be a good fit. That shouldn't be too much of a problem. Although, his lack of defense will probably hurt the Cavs in any negotiations, they'll still be able to find a team to take him.

However, the other problem is that they have to be able to fit Love in under the cap and give up assets that don't take too much away from what they already have and that complete a package that is better than what the Lakers offer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if the Pacers don't want him he's not. Also, he's better than Randle right now, but he's also older and Randle plays defense, is more athletic and has better handles.

He is MUCH better than Randle. Yes older but Randle is just another role player. If you get Love you have a better player to build around if they can bring in another All-Star. Indiana probably doesnt want Love regardless. Randle, the 27th and 28th gives you really no core and who knows how those draft picks, that would he an awfu trade for an elite player. Cavs would probably have to throw in more than Love, that being. Point is I dont see PG going to Cleveland I just think Indy will be wanting that top 3 pick. If LA doesnt want to give it up, which I think they shouldnt, he runs off to LA next year regardless. It's a win-win for LA.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the problem, imo. First, you have to have a team that wants Love and where he will be a good fit. That shouldn't be too much of a problem. Although, his lack of defense will probably hurt the Cavs in any negotiations, they'll still be able to find a team to take him.

However, the other problem is that they have to be able to fit Love in under the cap and give up assets that don't take too much away from what they already have and that complete a package that is better than what the Lakers offer.

Yeah, the emergence of Porzingis on the trade market can't be helping either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are out. Pacers really tied now!

It would be interesting to see what LA gives up. I would think they need to give up Randle, 27 and 28. That just isnt enough. If LA pulls it off it would be HUGE HUGE win

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson
Ball
PG
Porzingis
Lopez

Watch lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is MUCH better than Randle. Yes older but Randle is just another role player. If you get Love you have a better player to build around if they can bring in another All-Star. Randle, the 27th and 28th gives you really no core and who knows how those draft picks, that would he an awfu trade for an elite player. Cavs would probably have to throw in more than Love, that being. Point is I dont see PG going to Cleveland I just think Indy will be wanting that top 3 pick. If LA doesnt want to give it up, which I think they shouldnt, he runs off to LA next year regardless. It's a win-win for LA.

Apparently, you haven't seen Randle play if you think he's "just another role player." Additionally, the way the Cavs are using him, Love is just another role player and one that doesn't include defense in his role.

Love is a better shooter and better rebounder. Randle is more athletic, has better handles and plays better defense.

Love is better right now. But he's also as good as he's ever going to be. Randle projects to be a better all around player than Love.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the emergence of Porzingis on the trade market can't be helping either.

That definitely has split teams attention.

Here's a crazy thought. If Porzingis really wants out of NY...could a Love for Porzingis deal be worked out? Would the Knicks have any interest in Love? He'd fit quite nicely into the triangle that Phil is deadset on running.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to see what LA gives up. I would think they need to give up Randle, 27 and 28. That just isnt enough. If LA pulls it off it would be HUGE HUGE win
Well, I don't mind stinking another year personally...as I discussed with TF, I say chill and see how things play out before getting desperate

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, you haven't seen Randle play if you think he's "just another role player." Additionally, the way the Cavs are using him, Love is just another role player and one that doesn't include defense in his role.

Love is a better shooter and better rebounder. Randle is more athletic, has better handles and plays better defense.

Love is better right now. But he's also as good as he's ever going to be. Randle projects to be a better all around player than Love.

I understand the potential of Randle but comparing him to Love isnt really fair. They are two different kind of players. We saw Love put up 25 and 12 early in his career. Randle is a bruiser. Either way Love will be in Cleveland for awhile which is fine with me, he actually played much better this season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is MUCH better than Randle. Yes older but Randle is just another role player. If you get Love you have a better player to build around if they can bring in another All-Star. Indiana probably doesnt want Love regardless. Randle, the 27th and 28th gives you really no core and who knows how those draft picks, that would he an awfu trade for an elite player. Cavs would probably have to throw in more than Love, that being. Point is I dont see PG going to Cleveland I just think Indy will be wanting that top 3 pick. If LA doesnt want to give it up, which I think they shouldnt, he runs off to LA next year regardless. It's a win-win for LA.
Klay is much better than Booker right now.

But, you'd still take Devin because he's younger?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With no one else apparently interested...What choice do the Pacers have? Spend an entire season of PG-13 being booed at home and then watch him leave while getting nothing for him after the season?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely has split teams attention.

Here's a crazy thought. If Porzingis really wants out of NY...could a Love for Porzingis deal be worked out? Would the Knicks have any interest in Love? He'd fit quite nicely into the triangle that Phil is deadset on running.
If I'm Phil, anyone who wants Zingers is getting Noah too.

Nets wouldn't even take that call.