• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not count on Thomas nor Rose.

Isaiah is gonna take awhile to get into shape and those guys will be several months into the Season.

My first thought about starting Love at Center was...

It's better than starting Dirk.

But, after thinking about it more , I realized he's gonna be a big mismatch on the offensive end because bigs don't want to have to guard on the perimeter and he is pulling them out of the post with his ability to shoot the three ball.

But, on the other end?

He has to be on the floor to take advantage of that mismatch and he can't do that if he's in foul trouble.

On a positive note, how many true Centers will he have to face?

Cavs are still top of the food chain in the East as long as Bron is healthy.

I wouldn't either and was quite happy when the Lakers didn't get either one, but I have to acknowledge them in case Armagedden comes and they actually stayed healthy the entire season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not count on Thomas nor Rose.

Isaiah is gonna take awhile to get into shape and those guys will be several months into the Season.

My first thought about starting Love at Center was...

It's better than starting Dirk.

But, after thinking about it more , I realized he's gonna be a big mismatch on the offensive end because bigs don't want to have to guard on the perimeter and he is pulling them out of the post with his ability to shoot the three ball.

But, on the other end?

He has to be on the floor to take advantage of that mismatch and he can't do that if he's in foul trouble.

On a positive note, how many true Centers will he have to face?

Cavs are still top of the food chain in the East as long as Bron is healthy.
In having second thoughts - I think Lue's best approach would be Popovich's approach - in playing them limited minutes and keeping them healthy. Honestly - Calderon is a pretty good back up. I'd keep him busy when the others are expendable.

On the better then Dirk - thought - He is just older then most grandpa's - Not really made from glass. I got screwed by Love in my first year as a fantasy player and that was after a sucker trade, I ignorantly gave up Chris Paul for Carlos Boozer the loser and one other -a-hole:lm: I can't remember. And then the ones on that league wondered why I never would trade any more

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.T. Huge fire in the Santiago Canyon area -Homes lost and evacuations.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't beat UF this year I'm going to drink myself into a coma, so if you don't hear from me after that game just know I'm dead.

You're going to beat UF, and here's why.....

FSU still has a dominant defense. Any Canes fan that mentioned us blowing out FSU because your o-line sucked and Blackman was a true freshman (he's going to be really good one day) forgot completely that FSU had a defense that would've been their staple on getting into the playoffs this year. UF's defense has gone down because of Randy Shannon (Canes fans saw that coming a mile away). UF's offense is worst than FSU's. Problem for UF is FSU will get better as Blackman gets more experience.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to beat UF, and here's why.....

FSU still has a dominant defense. Any Canes fan that mentioned us blowing out FSU because your o-line sucked and Blackman was a true freshman (he's going to be really good one day) forgot completely that FSU had a defense that would've been their staple on getting into the playoffs this year. UF's defense has gone down because of Randy Shannon (Canes fans saw that coming a mile away). UF's offense is worst than FSU's. Problem for UF is FSU will get better as Blackman gets more experience.
I'm aware of all of this lol

And yea, Canes fans were out in droves on my FB feed saying you guys were going to destroy us and I was just like "lmfao, lmfao, lmfao, lmfao, lmfao" "lmfao, lmfao, it's going to be a close game like it always is"

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware of all of this lol

And yea, Canes fans were out in droves on my FB feed saying you guys were going to destroy us and I was just like "lmfao, lmfao, lmfao, lmfao, lmfao" "lmfao, lmfao, it's going to be a close game like it always is"

Yeah.....I held my head in shame on that one. I love my team, but I can't defend our fanbase for the majority amount being complete fucking idiots and fickle. As you said, no matter how the other team looks going in, the game for whatever reason always seems to come down to the last minute. It's probably taken years off my life.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

My big money league, 16 team league, $200 buy in.

I got 3rd pick, and traded a bunch of picks to also get the 7th pick.

Who should I take with 3&7?

I'm thinking either Harden/LeBron or KD/KAT

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

It's hard to say, but I guess I'd go KD/KAT. Don't know how much Lebron's going to play this year and he'll take the occasional rest days. Then again, KD has to play team ball and Jimmy Butler might be the #1 option in Minny. Shit fuck. Maybe Harden/Lebron because Harden doesn't pass the ball.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say, but I guess I'd go KD/KAT. Don't know how much Lebron's going to play this year and he'll take the occasional rest days. Then again, KD has to play team ball and Jimmy Butler might be the #1 option in Minny. Shit fuck. Maybe Harden/Lebron because Harden doesn't pass the ball.
Thank you for not helping me at all lmfao

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna have a breakout year.

Who will be his backcourt mate, Mudiay or Murray?

Hopefully Mudiay. He's more of a playmaker and has traditionally been better and less turnover prone when Harris is healthy and on the court.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, what are you talking about?

Curry got a max deal two months ago.

Do you mean Durant, Dray or Klay?

As far as anything being possible, sure.

It's possible that I will be a millionaire after the Mega Millions drawing tomorrow.

But, is it probable or even likely?
Klay has gone on the record saying he'd be willing to sacrifice some $ to keep the team together. He's not leaving as much on the table as KD did but he'd leave something.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

Take Embiid with #7.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, absolutely no way.

Grow a pair, man. You'll look like a genius when he doubles KAT's production.

Edit: I also just noticed this is a $200 league. I'm not sure if that's more or less reason to avoid Embiid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

What is the format? That matters a lot.

Valuation is much different if it is a points league vs a category based league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Category 16 teams

Wow. 2 top 7 picks in a 16 team league is huge!

Somebody will surely take Russ before you. I would take either KD or Giannis at 3 (KD would be my #1 overall) then whoever falls between KAT, Curry, Harden and Davis at 7.

That is a pretty nasty spot to be in.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. 2 top 7 picks in a 16 team league is huge!

Somebody will surely take Russ before you. I would take either KD or Giannis at 3 (KD would be my #1 overall) then whoever falls between KAT, Curry, Harden and Davis at 7.

That is a pretty nasty spot to be in.
A lot of upside, but I gave up 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th round picks for 1st, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th.

So the guy I traded is going to get a ton of good players between picks 30-55, and I'm going to have to hope my 3&7 combo stays healthy all year, which is why I have pretty much eliminated Davis from discussion.

It's either Harden or KD at 3, and then either KAT or LeBron at 7.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of upside, but I gave up 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th round picks for 1st, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th.

So the guy I traded is going to get a ton of good players between picks 30-55, and I'm going to have to hope my 3&7 combo stays healthy all year, which is why I have pretty much eliminated Davis from discussion.

It's either Harden or KD at 3, and then either KAT or LeBron at 7.

3 is too early for Harden, IMO. Despite his ridiculous numbers last year, guys like Giannis still produced similar overall value. I can't see Harden's numbers being anything close to what they were with CP3 handling the point.