• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Free Agency thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lang is a savvy veteran but is recovering from hip surgery and a broken foot. He most likely will miss most of training camp.

Still leary, but I don't see him being signed by anybody with a chance of not playing this season. With a walker and a bum hip, he's still better than the turnstile named
Warford. He played with the hip issue most of last season. His broken foot is what was keeping him from working out at the moment. Not worried GnG.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still leary, but I don't see him being signed by anybody with a chance of not playing this season. With a walker and a bum hip, he's still better than the turnstile named
Warford. He played with the hip issue most of last season. His broken foot is what was keeping him from working out at the moment. Not worried GnG.
I hope he has a good season but at 30 his body may be breaking down.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad, a little pricey IMO. I think we may still have trouble running the ball too. Stafford should be safe and sound for the most part and I guess that is priority number 1.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad, a little pricey IMO. I think we may still have trouble running the ball too. Stafford should be safe and sound for the most part and I guess that is priority number 1.

Pricey? Yes, but still cheaper deals than the two who left. Lang a definite upgrade, Wagner is also to a smaller margin.

I see Fells and Wagner creating lanes, but more importantly I see the pass game benefiting the most.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been sifting through the rubble for some cheaper options to fill needs.

WR Justin Hunter big, tall and fast and cheap.

Looking at FA DL guys. Lots of depth moves imo. Draft guys imo.

LB there is still some guys with talent to push the current roster. I see defense early and often draft day.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw somewhere on twitter early Wagner/Lang combined salary was about $1.5m less per year than Warford and Reiff combined salaries were. If thats true, its definitely a win.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bigger positive is taking Lang away from the Packers. Means GB will have to start some rookie or mediocre talent at G when they play us.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger positive is taking Lang away from the Packers. Means GB will have to start some rookie or mediocre talent at G when they play us.

Yup. And we get insight into GBs playbook.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And we get insight into GBs playbook.

That and all the OL prospects this year looked questionable at best.

Gotta figure Quinn is going defense heavy this draft unless he goes Cook or McCafferey in the 1st.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta figure Quinn is going defense heavy this draft unless he goes Cook or McCafferey in the 1st.

That was my assessment too. Cam Robinson was the only RT I was comfortable with and even he was not making me warm and fuzzy. The RG spot I was not as concerned about.

I think defense for several rounds unless a guy slips back to us.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's gonna take KO Joe. Possibly earlier than expected.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's gonna take KO Joe. Possibly earlier than expected.

I wouldn't mind KO Joe in like Rd 3 if they snagged defense with the first 2 picks. As long as the dude doesn't pick a TE early. I will be stoked.

I personally have been secretly rooting for McCaffrey though in the first. Think the dude is going to be a stud for a long time. Especially behind our new O-line.

Then Caldwell will look like a genius when he calls his sorry ass conservative game plan to run the ball non-stop.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Robert Turbin as a cheap option? Dual purpose goal line back/ reward for me hanging onto him in our dynasty league for all of these years.