• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Free Agency thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Quinn feels solid at the DT position this year.

He shouldnt. Ngata is barely a part time player anymore and he is done after this year (if he lasts the whole year). Spence and Khyri are all that is left besides A'shawn. The rest are not going to make the team most likely.

We will be drafting 1 at least.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldnt. Ngata is barely a part time player anymore and he is done after this year (if he lasts the whole year). Spence and Khyri are all that is left besides A'shawn. The rest are not going to make the team most likely.

Yeah. I imagine some mid round guy will be selected, in hopes that he develops. Otherwise, it will be a high selection or free agent signing next year.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To note. The DT class this year is terrible.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I imagine some mid round guy will be selected, in hopes that he develops. Otherwise, it will be a high selection or free agent signing next year.

To note. The DT class this year is terrible.

I thought that the pundits were stating the OL class this year was poor, but had been reading that the DL selections are pretty deep. Or is that just DE and not DT?

I think there are decent DT this year. Actually Defense in general is pretty deep along with RB & TE. QB and O-line blows. WR is thin.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the pundits were stating the OL class this year was poor, but had been reading that the DL selections are pretty deep. Or is that just DE and not DT?

I think there are quite a few, edge rushers/OLB types but not a lot of true 4-3 DT's. Lot's of tweeners.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are decent DT this year. Actually Defense in general is pretty deep along with RB & TE. QB and O-line blows. WR is thin.

Yeah, there is a ton of talented prospects in the secondary. Got a feeling Peppers might be our pick.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lions GM Bob Quinn said the door remains "open" for free agent Anquan Boldin.

"We’ve had some communication with Anquan," said Quinn. "That was back in I’d say March, so really no update on our end of things." The 36-year-old is coming off another solid season that included 67 catches, 584 yards and a team-high eight touchdowns. Boldin may opt to skip offseason work by signing closer to the start of training camp, which is what he did last year. The 14-year veteran said he has no plans to retire."

:hope:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lions GM Bob Quinn said the door remains "open" for free agent Anquan Boldin.

"We’ve had some communication with Anquan," said Quinn. "That was back in I’d say March, so really no update on our end of things." The 36-year-old is coming off another solid season that included 67 catches, 584 yards and a team-high eight touchdowns. Boldin may opt to skip offseason work by signing closer to the start of training camp, which is what he did last year. The 14-year veteran said he has no plans to retire."

:hope:
He'd be a huge loss on third downs and in the Redzone.

Staff clearly trusted him more than any other target when it mattered most.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Ravens want him back too, really hope he chooses us

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow on signing Hayden. That's a Pat like move for sure.

"The Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett expects D.J. Hayden to open the season as the Lions' slot corner.

He'd replace Quandre Diggs, who slumped as a sophomore before suffering a year-ending pectoral tear. Hayden was a disaster in four years with the Raiders, getting flamed in coverage both on the perimeter and inside. Whether it's Hayden or Diggs in the slot, this will be a position to attack in DFS."

Lions grasping at straws trying to fix the Linebackers and secondary, but continue to ignore the real issue on the defense. :L

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions grasping at straws trying to fix the Linebackers and secondary, but continue to ignore the real issue on the defense. :L
We all miss Suh.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but there wasn't enough money to sign Suh AAAAAND Levy.

th