• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in the past...
2016 is gone.
2017 is here. Guess who is in last place in The AM Central....of course. Maybe they will give you a game in standings for finishing in 1st for last year
BAWEWWEHASASSS

Doug....what city/stadium has the American League Championship pennant flying over it?

(I'll give you a hint. The city is in a state that this guy never wins in::harbs:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just took a look at Verlander's vs teams splits. His career ERA is 3.49. His career ERA vs the Indians is 4.68.

Of teams with at least 100 innings against him, the 2nd highest ERA is the Yankees at 3.87.

He needs a T-shirt, if not a tattoo, that reads "Property of Chief Wahoo."

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just took a look at Verlander's vs teams splits. His career ERA is 3.49. His career ERA vs the Indians is 4.68.

Of teams with at least 100 innings against him, the 2nd highest ERA is the Yankees at 3.87.

He needs a T-shirt, if not a tattoo, that reads "Property of Chief Wahoo."

No question ... the Indians have Verlander figured out

Miguel Cabrera has 47 HRs, 147 RBIs and .352 BA against the Indians (he has also stolen more bases against the Indians than any other team). All that really matters is W/L ... Last year it was 14/4 in favor of the Indians ... This year it's 2/1 (so far) in favor of the Tigers.

Billythekid

I'LL MAKE YA FAMOUS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miguel Cabrera has 47 HRs, 147 RBIs and .352 BA against the Indians (he has also stolen more bases against the Indians than any other team). All that really matters is W/L ... Last year it was 14/4 in favor of the Indians ... This year it's 2/1 (so far) in favor of the Tigers.

Point taken. I fuggin' hate Cabrera...but that knob can hit. I also admire his bitchiness in a Kelly Ripa kinda way

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post vol...that will keep slinky quiet for awhile

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.....also...verlander. 2x had WS appearances...indians ...only 1. Last year.
And we all know tigers got robbed of WS. 2 times. Once in minnesota..and in texas...black eye for baseball the way they cheated the tigers

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its April 18th correct? Can we agree to meet back here in say July and revisit this discussion?

Your right on April 18th things look good ... October 2nd is the only day that being in 1st place is important. After that all you have to do is win one game ... your last game.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Cabrera has 47 HRs, 147 RBIs and .352 BA against the Indians (he has also stolen more bases against the Indians than any other team).

43 HRs, not 47. That's the most vs any team, which stands to reason because he's faced them more than any other team.

His HR/PA rate agains the Indians is slightly higher than his career mark, but not markedly so. Same goes for RBIs. His BA agains the Tribe is damn impressive, but again, facing a team as much as he does CLE, he sees them a whole lot. Still that BA is not even in the top three against teams he's faced at least 200 PAs.

Bringing up his 5 SBs is approaching a MiamiVice level of gay mexican shit. Tread carefully, pendejo.

Point is, you're trying to make some kind of "yeah CLE owns Verlander, but Miggy owns CLE" statement/rebuttal which just isn't true - at least not more so than he owns the rest of baseball.

Cabrera is a great hitter against MLB and a great hitter vs CLE. Verlander is a great pitcher against MLB, but is like Mike Pelfry vs CLE. Seriously, he's got a season and a half worth of innings and a 4.68 ERA. If he performed like that every game, he'd be pitching for the Mud Hens.

All that really matters is W/L ...

Then STFU about Cabrera.

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I'm happy for Doug after the Tigers' series win (Indians bending his boy, Verlander, over a barrel helps the medicine go down).

After all, heading into this weekend Detroit was 6-19 against Cleveland dating back to June of 2015. That had to be frying Doug's mellon to some extent.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)43 HRs, not 47. That's the most vs any team, which stands to reason because he's faced them more than any other team.

His HR/PA rate agains the Indians is slightly higher than his career mark, but not markedly so. Same goes for RBIs. His BA agains the Tribe is damn impressive, but again, facing a team as much as he does CLE, he sees them a whole lot. Still that BA is not even in the top three against teams he's faced at least 200 PAs.

(2)Bringing up his 5 SBs is approaching a MiamiVice level of gay mexican shit. Tread carefully, pendejo.

(2) Point is, you're trying to make some kind of "yeah CLE owns Verlander, but Miggy owns CLE" statement/rebuttal which just isn't true - at least not more so than he owns the rest of baseball.

Cabrera is a great hitter against MLB and a great hitter vs CLE. Verlander is a great pitcher against MLB, but is like Mike Pelfry vs CLE. Seriously, he's got a season and a half worth of innings and a 4.68 ERA. If he performed like that every game, he'd be pitching for the Mud Hens.

(4) Then STFU about Cabrera.

(1) Oops my bad ... unless I was adding in his next game ... jk

(2) It's not false!! Just kinda funny.

(3) Just hammering home the points statistics don't matter ... Wins and Losses do. If we were not 4-14 but 9-9 against the Indians we are in the playoffs (and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle).

(4) That was kinda rude.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(3) Just hammering home the points statistics don't matter ... Wins and Losses do. If we were not 4-14 but 9-9 against the Indians we are in the playoffs (and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle).

Being that the on-field play, measured by statistics, is what generates those wins and losses, you'll have to forgive me for not being as dismissive of them as you are.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug...I am still waiting for you to send me a copy of Edwin Encarnacion's paycheck.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All with out J.D.
When he returns...look out. Indians will get bent over a barrel...

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.....also...verlander. 2x had WS appearances...indians ...only 1. Last year.
And we all know tigers got robbed of WS. 2 times. Once in minnesota..and in texas...black eye for baseball the way they cheated the tigers

And how many World Series games did he win?