• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers outscored in the series, but who cares. Won 2 of 3.
2 of 3.
Take it. All year long. Yep. 2 of
Reminds of of 2013 season against the indians

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Detroit get money back from Miggy and JV if they don't get a ring? Gil Meche gave money back when he started to suck...but that was a CLASS act
Does i
Edwin encar.....give money back.???? Indians paying him as much as miggy....he is hitting .205
Funny you missed that da bums.....
But you always cherry pick your stats. To fit your homerism

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does i
Edwin encar.....give money back.???? Indians paying him as much as miggy....he is hitting .205

Slow down a lot of the season to play ... we are winning some game that we shouldn't (Sign of a Successful season). Still nice weekend in Cleveland!!!

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indian nation worried about kluber? Is that just 1 bad outing? Or start of his decline????
Did you notice who is in last place in the AL Central???? Yep. The Cleveland indians.

And yet he still pitched better than Kate Upton's play thing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say. We have an offense that is nowhere near what it will be this year, a bullpen that has struggled and we are 8-4. We've also played the entire year without JD Martinez.

I think Detroit is going to be much better than many think. The 3 starters they got in trades are going to surprise people. Norris and Boyd pitched 12 innings and gave up 1 run to a very, very good Cleveland offense.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers Continue on this road trip. Tampa bay next. Then the twins.tigers always play the DEVIL. Rays tough. Even now just the RAYS...
Could be nice road trip when it's done. Early season wins....got to love them

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say. We have an offense that is nowhere near what it will be this year, a bullpen that has struggled and we are 8-4. We've also played the entire year without JD Martinez.

I think Detroit is going to be much better than many think. The 3 starters they got in trades are going to surprise people. Norris and Boyd pitched 12 innings and gave up 1 run to a very, very good Cleveland offense.
Unless they trade for a few reliever it isn't.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet he still pitched better than Kate Upton's play thing.

Verlander got roughed up by you guy ... there is thought there was some sign stealing going on. If that's the case good job Indians!!! This series was more important to us ... after 14/4 you guys were in our hears ... very happy we could steal a series from you.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does i

LOL at doug

THIS IS @Voltaire.... Clev is paying Encarnacion $14,666,000 this year. Miggy gets $28 million. Your pal doug is a total idiot. Remember: you are often judged by the friends you keep.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they trade for a few reliever it isn't.

I think Alex Wilson and Justin Wilson are fine in their roles. If Jimenez is able to come in and be a reliable reliever. I think we can get by.

I do agree we need to look at options if we can trade for a reliever at some point.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alex Wilson and Justin Wilson are fine in their roles. If Jimenez is able to come in and be a reliable reliever. I think we can get by.

I do agree we need to look at options if we can trade for a reliever at some point.
Nothing against either Wilson. But that's not going to cut it imo.

No clue why Jiminez is back in Toledo. The dude they brought up for him isn't a reliever and looked every bit the part the other night. I like Frankie, but an 88 mph fastball and an 82 mph change up are hard to live off.

Unless they add payroll I'm not very confident they end up better than last year. Decent, but not enough.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at doug

THIS IS @Voltaire.... Clev is paying Encarnacion $14,666,000 this year. Miggy gets $28 million. Your pal doug is a total idiot. Remember: you are often judged by the friends we keep.

He signed for 3 years 60 million. They may get a discount in year 1, but it will only get worse the longer he is with them.

Anyways. Encarnacion is a fool. He turned down 4 years 80 million from Toronto thinking he'd get more on the open market. Cost himself 20 million.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed for 3 years 60 million. They may get a discount in year 1, but it will only get worse the longer he is with them.

Anyways. Encarnacion is a fool. He turned down 4 years 80 million from Toronto thinking he'd get more on the open market. Cost himself 20 million.

OK...Encarnacion AND doug are idiots. LOL

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at doug

THIS IS @Voltaire.... Clev is paying Encarnacion $14,666,000 this year. Miggy gets $28 million. Your pal doug is a total idiot. Remember: you are often judged by the friends you keep.
If 2million people show up at tJake This year. It's 150 K to Eddie. Could make a lot more depending on attendance, but we don't really need to concern ourselves with that.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No clue why Jiminez is back in Toledo. The dude they brought up for him isn't a reliever and looked every bit the part the other night. I like Frankie, but an 88 mph fastball and an 82 mph change up are hard to live off.

Unless they add payroll I'm not very confident they end up better than last year. Decent, but not enough.

IMO...K-Rod will not last the season as the team's closer. I don't know if Jimenez has the ability to replace him...maybe, maybe not.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO.

He can make more with this deal. It's 4 years 80 million. With the fourth year as an option. There are bonuses for attendance in his deal. If the Indians get butts in seats, he will make more.

Assuming they don't let him walk after three years.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no issue with either Wilson. I think they can handle the 7th and 8th. K-Rod scares me more than them. Detroit's problem is. They don't seem to have any other arms they can rely on. If Jimenez comes and can be trusted -- I like our chances much more.

With K-Rod. Not much we can do. He seems to get the job done, even though it can be a headache at times. And with his mph splits -- it has been the same for the last couple years, so it isn't anything new.

We shall see. Prior to the season, I wanted to see how the young kids would pitch before I got my hopes up. I really think Detroit is going to better than I thought. I felt they'd be around 83-85 wins. I honestly think, if they stay healthy with their starting pitchers -- Detroit could battle for at least a WC spot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO.

He can make more with this deal. It's 4 years 80 million. With the fourth year as an option. There are bonuses for attendance in his deal. If the Indians get butts in seats, he will make more.

Assuming they don't let him walk after three years.

Toronto offered him 4 years 80 million. His final year of his contract is a team option. They aren't paying him 25 million at 38 years old to be a DH unless he starts putting up David Ortiz type numbers.

His attendance bonuses won't happen either. I believe it starts at 2 million fans. They had 1.5 million fans last year. For whatever reason, they can't fill the seats.