• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is coming out this year, but if he did he would be in that range.

DeAndre Hunter reminds me a lot of Kawhi Leonard. I am obviously not going to project anybody to be that good, but Hunter is a guy NBA teams should really want.
Which guy do you see staying in school?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game tonight between Toronto and Cleveland. A true test to how good the Raptors are.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I love how TNT, the NBA , is trying to provide for guys AFTER their careers end.

But, can you send some of these Mofo's to a public speaking class?

Love Caron Butler, Nate Robinson, Rip Hamilton as players.

But, they are Shit sideline reporters, play by play, color commentators.
I actually like Nate - love his ability to be so raw & actually call the game like he see's it vs. being PC for the viewers/listeners.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Robinson is awful. This shit needs to be gone next season
I think it's too funny when he cuts someone off that's not talking about the game with something about the game. You can tell they get all annoyed with him too - but he don't give a s@$!.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland has no idea that they aren't as good as Houston.

Damn, these guys play with heart.
Last night Portland looked like they did against GS in the playoffs. this is why I can't get excited about certain teams until they prove they can win when it counts.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game tonight between Toronto and Cleveland. A true test to how good the Raptors are.
No Korver.

Brother died suddenly at age 27.

That's awful.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Korver.

Brother died suddenly at age 27.

That's awful.
goodness, that's sad.

didn't he just come back from missing time?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's current hypothetical:

If James Harden continues on his trajectory and continues his prime for another 4 years (currently 28), where will he eventually rank all time among shooting guards. IMO the top 3 are firmly entrenched for me with Jordan, Kobe and Wade in that order. I think Clyde Drexler is probably 4th for me, with a bunch all tied around 5.

I think if Harden wins the MVP this year, he'll firmly cement himself as the 5th on this list if he never played another game. But what is his ceiling? Do you think he has a chance to pass Wade?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If James Harden continues on his trajectory and continues his prime for another 4 years (currently 28), where will he eventually rank all time among shooting guards. IMO the top 3 are firmly entrenched for me with Jordan, Kobe and Wade in that order. I think Clyde Drexler is probably 4th for me, with a bunch all tied around 5.

I think if Harden wins the MVP this year, he'll firmly cement himself as the 5th on this list if he never played another game. But what is his ceiling? Do you think he has a chance to pass Wade?

I think he can pass Wade. Need to keep this up and most importantly improve his play in the playoffs and win a finals MVP and at least 2x in my opinion

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade, yes.

But, he still has work to do.

Great question.

Waaaaaaaay better than another stale ass Jordan, LeBron, Kobe debate.

* Jordan's better and it ain't even up for debate *

:finger:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can pass Wade. Need to keep this up and most importantly improve his play in the playoffs and win a finals MVP and at least 2x in my opinion
Agree.

He has work to do for top 3.

But, Damn....

He's a fucking menace on offense.

Oh Shit....

What are we classifying Iverson as?

I have always thought of him as a sg, despite his height.

He hasn't passed Iverson yet.

But, soon.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Nate - love his ability to be so raw & actually call the game like he see's it vs. being PC for the viewers/listeners.
Nate is trash, My friend.

He completely disrupts the flow of the broadcasts and can't even read the commercial cue cards without massive amounts of stuttering and words mispronounced.

He tries hard.

But, he needs some training.

Send his ass to do D league games first.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, yes.

But, he still has work to do.

Great question.

Waaaaaaaay better than another stale ass Jordan, LeBron, Kobe debate.

* Jordan's better and it ain't even up for debate *

:finger:
Harden better than Wade? Hard to tell IMO. Here's why - for me it's hard to actually rate how good Harden truly is because he benefits from so many phantom foul calls. It's almost like his game is tailored on guys reaching while trying to guard him, thus getting the whistle. I saw a few times in last night's game where guys were able to defend him without fouling & he struggled to put up a quality shot. On the other hand, he does have pretty good range though. In addition to the other points brought up regarding him having more accolades, I think he would also have to show up when it counts most and redeem his inability to have done so in the past. Would also help if he at least TRIED to play defense at some point.

Regarding your opinion on the other debates, couldn't agree more.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate is trash, My friend.

He completely disrupts the flow of the broadcasts and can't even read the commercial cue cards without massive amounts of stuttering and words mispronounced.

He tries hard.

But, he needs some training.

Send his ass to do D league games first.
I totally agree about him being rough around the edges and not even trying to fit in. but, that's the thing I like the most when he's calling games. Breaks up that ole boring monotony these commentators have- half the time missing details of the game in the process.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden better than Wade? Hard to tell IMO. Here's why - for me it's hard to actually rate how good Harden truly is because he benefits from so many phantom foul calls. It's almost like his game is tailored on guys reaching while trying to guard him, thus getting the whistle. I saw a few times in last night's game where guys were able to defend him without fouling & he struggled to put up a quality shot. On the other hand, he does have pretty good range though. In addition to the other points brought up regarding him having more accolades, I think he would also have to show up when it counts most and redeem his inability to have done so in the past. Would also help if he at least TRIED to play defense at some point.

Regarding your opinion on the other debates, couldn't agree more.
Yep.

Dude needs to get over the hump to get by Wade.

Maybe even more than once.

But, beating this Warriors team might be worth 2 titles in some folks eyes because it was deemed Damn near impossible.

Seriously, has there ever been a guy in the NBA that was a bigger one way player?

Ceballos, Tracey Murray were pretty bad.

But, not as prolific.

Iverson, Earl Boykins, Lou Williams, Midget Isiah can use the vertically challenged defense.

Harden just says, fuck it...Yolo....lol