• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DYx3lPNVAAE5UGS.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks need to keep this momentum going into Thursday and sweep the Kings.

Would be crucial for your boys as both teams would have 50 losses if that takes place.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be crucial for your boys as both teams would have 50 losses if that takes place.
I look more at wins for tanking kinda like teams look at losses for playoff position, but getting tied in losses and only 1 more win would help their chances of moving into the top 5. More important for the Mavs and Magic to win, which both had a chance of doing today but failed late. Magic have a 4 game stretch against the Suns, Nets, Bulls, and Hawks coming up while the Mavs play the Hornets and Kings. I'd say 25 wins is the max the Kings could finish with to have a shot at a bottom 5 record. Whatever happens happens, there are players in the 6-9 range that I like so if they get one of them it won't be that bad.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland has no idea that they aren't as good as Houston.

Damn, these guys play with heart.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look more at wins for tanking kinda like teams look at losses for playoff position, but getting tied in losses and only 1 more win would help their chances of moving into the top 5. More important for the Mavs and Magic to win, which both had a chance of doing today but failed late. Magic have a 4 game stretch against the Suns, Nets, Bulls, and Hawks coming up while the Mavs play the Hornets and Kings. I'd say 25 wins is the max the Kings could finish with to have a shot at a bottom 5 record. Whatever happens happens, there are players in the 6-9 range that I like so if they get one of them it won't be that bad.
Having the most ping pong balls doesn't guarantee you shit.

Yes, it increases the odds and at worst you end up 3 spots back.

But, I think a team with longer odds will win it this year.

So, why not the Kangz?

Either way, you will get a really good player.

NBA draft lottery: How often has worst team landed No. 1 overall pick?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th quarter going to be good

Blazers up 1

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the most ping pong balls doesn't guarantee you shit.

Yes, it increases the odds and at worst you end up 3 spots back.

But, I think a team with longer odds will win it this year.

So, why not the Kangz?

Either way, you will get a really good player.

NBA draft lottery: How often has worst team landed No. 1 overall pick?
Being deep into the draft thought process I've seen stats about how the odds might favor teams 1-3 but don't always help them. I can also just look back to 2009 when the Kings went from 1st to 4th in one night. I'm gonna guess at least 1 team jumps into the top 3 and possibly 2 which could fuck up the plans of the total tanking Grizz and Suns. I'm ready for the lottery to happen lol, it really sucks having any desire to see your team lose especially when it's full of young players. As much as I'd rather the Kings have their 2019 pick, not having it means I can enjoy all the wins the rookies and 2nd/3rd/4th year players get them next season whether it's 25 or 45.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being deep into the draft thought process I've seen stats about how the odds might favor teams 1-3 but don't always help them. I can also just look back to 2009 when the Kings went from 1st to 4th in one night. I'm gonna guess at least 1 team jumps into the top 3 and possibly 2 which could fuck up the plans of the total tanking Grizz and Suns. I'm ready for the lottery to happen lol, it really sucks having any desire to see your team lose especially when it's full of young players. As much as I'd rather the Kings have their 2019 pick, not having it means I can enjoy all the wins the rookies and 2nd/3rd/4th year players get them next season whether it's 25 or 45.

I'm totally in draft mode...lol

You know who I'm starting to like if we had a late first rounder?

The other Porter, Jontay.

At 10ppg, 7 boards, 2 dimes, his stats aren't spectacular.

But, that's in less than 25 mins.

Kid is what? 18?

If he can play the 5 down the road, he's worth a late rounder.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Portland, I'm encouraged by this result.

Dame and CJ with a total of 24 points. Both guys struggled big time but Houston still needed an insane performance from Harden in order to barely win

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally in draft mode...lol

You know who I'm starting to like if we had a late first rounder?

The other Porter, Jontay.

At 10ppg, 7 boards, 2 dimes, his stats aren't spectacular.

But, that's in less than 25 mins.

Kid is what? 18?

If he can play the 5 down the road, he's worth a late rounder.
I was thinking if the Clippers wanted a big man with their 2nd pick after drafting a PG or wing with the first one, they could get Robert Williams. Strong defense and efficient with his shots, but no 3pt shooting and horrible ft shooting. Jontay has been solid defensively also and is at 36% from 3 while 2 years younger. Some decent options there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking if the Clippers wanted a big man with their 2nd pick after drafting a PG or wing with the first one, they could get Robert Williams. Strong defense and efficient with his shots, but no 3pt shooting and horrible ft shooting. Jontay has been solid defensively also and is at 36% from 3 while 2 years younger. Some decent options there.

Yeah, I keep seeing Gilgeous-Alexander or Sexton with Detroit's pick and Williams with our own.

I'm not in love with Williams.

Depending on how things shake out, if we get both picks, I'd see if Phoenix wanted to move up to 11 * if we stay there * by giving up 15 and 16.

I live in that area and keep hearing they aren't keeping all those picks.

We need youth and guys on cheap deals. So, I'd like them to take a long-term prospect.

But, not at #11....lol

The ultimate high risk/ high reward guy in this draft....

Hamidou Diallo, Mitchell Robinson, or Anfernee Simmons?

I'd take Robinson.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I keep seeing Gilgeous-Alexander or Sexton with Detroit's pick and Williams with our own.

Depending on how things shake out, if we get both picks, I'd see if Phoenix wanted to move up to 11 * if we stay there * by giving up 15 and 16.

We need youth and guys on cheap deals. So, I'd like them to take a long-term prospect.

But, not at #11....lol

I'd take Robinson.
I wonder if they'd try to trade in those 2 mid 1st round picks for another top 10 and if any other top 10 team would do it, would rather the Kings keep their pick wherever it ends up over trading out of the lottery. As far as the high risk/reward guys, I haven't seen much on those 3 so I wouldn't be able to give a good answer but I trust your judgement. Although going by names I'd pick Anfernee.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, not at #11....lol

I'd take Robinson.

I don't think he is coming out this year, but if he did he would be in that range.

DeAndre Hunter reminds me a lot of Kawhi Leonard. I am obviously not going to project anybody to be that good, but Hunter is a guy NBA teams should really want.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I have no idea what kind of avi you're getting. Happy to hear suggestions.

Looks like Chris Paul is finally going to see a conference finals...

What if the Warriors miss out? Wouldn't I win the bet lol. I honestly forgot the terms. Not sure if I lose if Houston make it or if I only lose if it is a HOU-GSW WCF. Refresh my memory

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto at Cleveland tonight.

Not sure how Toronto should approach this game. Just for the mindset going into the playoffs, I would rest DeRozan and Lowry. Getting dominated tonight will hurt their confidence for a possible playoffs series with the Cavs.

They play Cleveland tonight then in another 2 weeks once again in Cleveland. Losing those 2 games could have significant impact on their confidence heading into to playoffs when it comes to a Cavs series

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Warriors miss out? Wouldn't I win the bet lol. I honestly forgot the terms. Not sure if I lose if Houston make it or if I only lose if it is a HOU-GSW WCF. Refresh my memory

No way they miss out, but the bet was both teams we picked have to make it. Warriors Rockets I win, Warriors Spurs you win, any other combo no bet.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto at Cleveland tonight.

Not sure how Toronto should approach this game. Just for the mindset going into the playoffs, I would rest DeRozan and Lowry. Getting dominated tonight will hurt their confidence for a possible playoffs series with the Cavs.

They play Cleveland tonight then in another 2 weeks once again in Cleveland. Losing those 2 games could have significant impact on their confidence heading into to playoffs when it comes to a Cavs series

Not a bad idea