• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie isn't cooked, I can't imagine them getting past the Celtics.

I think some crazy shit's gonna happen this year. The East final is gonna be Indiana-Miami.

I'm a Miami fan but this is funny.....Hope it happens though

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, back to the question of which one o' y'all said the Lakers couldn't win 30+ games...

well, Mecca excluded. she admitted the error of he ways lol...

Damn winning 30 games in 1 season? The expectations sure are low in Lakerland these days.:heh:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toronto is clearly the best team in the East. DeRozan has elevated his game.

Miami-Indy final is LOL funny. MAYBE one of those teams sneak in.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto is clearly the best team in the East. DeRozan has elevated his game.

Miami-Indy final is LOL funny. MAYBE one of those teams sneak in.
But is it really that absurd? If Kyrie goes down the C’s are done. The Cavs are anywhere from sneaky contender to simmering Akron tire fire on the competitiveness scale. The Raptors stars have looked great in the regular season before only to utterly fail come April and May; what is it that makes anybody think that will not be the case in 2018?

Not that it means much, but both the Pacers and Heat have beaten the Raptors this season anyway.

If the NBA Final matchup is GS/HOU vs. Indiana I would not be the least bit shocked.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is it really that absurd? If Kyrie goes down the C’s are done. The Cavs are anywhere from sneaky contender to simmering Akron tire fire on the competitiveness scale. The Raptors stars have looked great in the regular season before only to utterly fail come April and May; what is it that makes anybody think that will not be the case in 2018?

Not that it means much, but both the Pacers and Heat have beaten the Raptors this season anyway.

If the NBA Final matchup is GS/HOU vs. Indiana I would not be the least bit shocked.

This Raptors team is clearly a cut above previous iterations. And the Raptors did make it to the conference finals two years ago.

They are clearly the class of the East. The Cavs may ultimately come out on top because Lebron can still will a team to the conference finals.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Raptors team is clearly a cut above previous iterations. And the Raptors did make it to the conference finals two years ago.

They are clearly the class of the East. The Cavs may ultimately come out on top because Lebron can still will a team to the conference finals.
They needed two game 7’s against mediocre teams to get to the ECF where the Cavs waxed them. They picked up Ibaka for last year’s run and the Cavs waxed them even harder in the 2nd round.

I’m supposed to believe CJ Miles’ shooting and a deeper bench will somehow get Lowry and DeRozan to not disappear in the playoffs? It’s possible but I’m not banking on it and as long as those two continue to underperform in the postseason the Raptors go nowhere.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed two game 7’s against mediocre teams to get to the ECF where the Cavs waxed them. They picked up Ibaka for last year’s run and the Cavs waxed them even harder in the 2nd round.

I’m supposed to believe CJ Miles’ shooting and a deeper bench will somehow get Lowry and DeRozan to not disappear in the playoffs? It’s possible but I’m not banking on it and as long as those two continue to underperform in the postseason the Raptors go nowhere.

And what are your reasons for arguing that the Heat and/or Pacers are good enough to make it to the ECF?

If you are simply arguing that someone other than the Celtics, Raptors, or Cavs will make the ECF, that's fine.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what are your reasons for arguing that the Heat and/or Pacers are good enough to make it to the ECF?

If you are simply arguing that someone other than the Celtics, Raptors, or Cavs will make the ECF, that's fine.
The Pacers are 3rd in the East, ahead of the Cavs, and have owned them this season (3-1) head-to-head while playing .500 against the Raptors and Celtics. Balanced lineup, Oladipo is probably the third-best player of those top 4 teams, I think Macmillan has them playing a much quicker game than they were even last year and that will drive a team like the Raptors bananas.

I just said the Heat because obviously a team from Washington isn’t going to win two playoff rounds and since I don’t think the Sixers can get past anyone above them yet it fell to Miami.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think it is a bit crazy for 2 reasons:

1: Kyrie isn't done. He would be playing this week if it were playoffs.
2: The Celtics would have a puncher's chance in any single series against any East team without Kyrie, and would still be favored in at least half.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it is a bit crazy for 2 reasons:

1: Kyrie isn't done. He would be playing this week if it were playoffs.
2: The Celtics would have a puncher's chance in any single series against any East team without Kyrie, and would still be favored in at least half.
1. Reason I said "if". Kyrie might just need a bit of rest to get to peak fitness. He might also be one awkward landing from being totally knackered.

2. Sure they would. It's just that if they're 100% (even without Hayward) I wouldn't give teams like the Heat or Pacers much of a shot against them whereas if Kyrie were gone for whatever reason I might even make them the favorite in a series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Reason I said "if". Kyrie might just need a bit of rest to get to peak fitness. He might also be one awkward landing from being totally knackered.

2. Sure they would. It's just that if they're 100% (even without Hayward) I wouldn't give teams like the Heat or Pacers much of a shot against them whereas if Kyrie were gone for whatever reason I might even make them the favorite in a series.

That is fair.

But, like another said, if you suggested Indiana OR Miami making it, then sure. But probably not both. Raptors C+ game beats both.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...

i mean, i know he's gonna be looking for a big payday and all and we got nearly 70 mil to blow. so instead of trying to get TWO max guys maybe just get one and pay Randle what he's worth...

just my :2cents:...

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Keep Randle, maybe get Paul George and let the young guys develop around them. That team should make the playoffs easily.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers are 3rd in the East, ahead of the Cavs, and have owned them this season (3-1) head-to-head while playing .500 against the Raptors and Celtics. Balanced lineup, Oladipo is probably the third-best player of those top 4 teams, I think Macmillan has them playing a much quicker game than they were even last year and that will drive a team like the Raptors bananas.

I just said the Heat because obviously a team from Washington isn’t going to win two playoff rounds and since I don’t think the Sixers can get past anyone above them yet it fell to Miami.

Head to head in the reg season? LOL

A few random games during the season means virtually nothing. The playoffs are a different animal altogether where coaches can make game to game adjustments......

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO Kawhi
NO Aldridge
NO Ginobili

Sure why not? The injury plagued season continues.
They have already broken the franchise record for most injury man-games lost with a full month to go.

They might even be tanking at this point now AND angling to trade Dejounte Murray plus their pick.