• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside or James Johnson shouldn't be on this roster next season.

The case for Whiteside not being on the roster is obvious. He will be a free agent next summer and I can't see the Heat paying him another big contract as he's failed to live up to his max contract they gave him in 2016.

The case for James Johnson being sent elsewhere is flat out because he is garbage. Last year, he was a classic example of a player doing well in a contract year then once he gets that contract then he go back to the player he was previously.

There isn't room in this rotation for all 4 guys (Bam, Hassan, JJ, and Olynyk). One must go

I think a big part of both players production being down is the numbers game Spoelstra plays every game.
All the guys playing deserve minutes, but then there aren't enough minutes to go around.
Sometimes you need to go away from the clip board and just ride the hot hand.
Whiteside was starting to kill it right before he was yanked in the first quarter.
IMO he should have just left him in(just 1 example of many).
I also disagree on Johnson. He plays hard every minute he's on the court. I do agree the results aren't the same, but it's not because he got paid and then got lazy.

As crowded as it is now, what would it look like if Dion was healthy?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat lose another road game. Last road win was January 20th.

Been losing so many close road games.

Last 4 road losses were decided by a total of 10 points. That is basically the difference in fighting with Cleveland and others for the 3rd seed and being 7th or 8. Disappointing

Hopefully it all equals out.
Law of averages says we can't continue to lose every close game.
If we win 1/3 of them, we'd prob be the 4th seed right now.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win Mavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly a 5 second violation.
Probably cost us the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big part of both players production being down is the numbers game Spoelstra plays every game.
All the guys playing deserve minutes, but then there aren't enough minutes to go around.
Sometimes you need to go away from the clip board and just ride the hot hand.
Whiteside was starting to kill it right before he was yanked in the first quarter.
IMO he should have just left him in(just 1 example of many).
I also disagree on Johnson. He plays hard every minute he's on the court. I do agree the results aren't the same, but it's not because he got paid and then got lazy.

As crowded as it is now, what would it look like if Dion was healthy?

Whiteside been solid but some nights it is hard to play him. Tonight was a perfect example of that. Wizards went with Morris at C a lot tonight. Hard to play him in that situation considering how good Morris is from the perimeter. I just think he is gone no matter what next summer so better to get something in return instead of losing him for nothing.

As for JJ, I agree he plays hard but the results just isn't there. He's been pretty bad with the exception of a game here and there for about 2+ months now. I actually prefer Winslow over him now and that's saying a lot. Just hard to play JJ when he's playing this way. Not doing much on offense. No scoring combined with silly turnovers is a bad combination.

If Waiters was healthy, I don't see how they possibly bring Wade back. Just wouldn't make sense. He has basically took the Waiters role especially at the end of games. Would have been extremely hard to somehow find minutes for Wade, TJ, and Winslow off the bench. I think Wade is still in Cleveland if Waiters is healthy.

Will be interesting what happens the rest of this week. 2 tough home games vs Philly and Washington. 2-0 would be great but they need to win at least one of those games.

Not all that worried about the playoffs, just more concerned about avoiding a healthy Cleveland team. My preference would be to play Milwaukee or Indiana if possible but if we're going to be a bottom 2 seed then I think I prefer to play Boston over Toronto simply because the Raptors offense may be too much to handle for us. They're top 5 in OFF EFF while Boston is 14th. Also, most importantly Boston play at our pace while Toronto plays much faster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly a 5 second violation.
Probably cost us the game.

Yep clear 5 second there. How do you get 7-8 seconds to inbound the ball? Not sure if it cost us the game as they did miss a ft but I think Spo go with something different there down 1. Actually think he may have went with a Wade ISO and hold it for the final shot to try and get the walkoff win. Instead, he attempted to run a quick hitting play just in case of a miss.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis walks off before halftime injured after colliding with Deandre Jordan.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I didn’t know Emeka Okafor was still in the league.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, OKC has a pretty tough 10-11 game stretch, and these teams that you'd think to be middling like the blazers and pelicans are rollin. Gonna be real interesting to see how this plays out

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, OKC has a pretty tough 10-11 game stretch, and these teams that you'd think to be middling like the blazers and pelicans are rollin. Gonna be real interesting to see how this plays out

Before the season when they got Melo, I said Andre Roberson was gonna be the key to their team. I had no idea he'd be this big of a deal. They had rounded into form and we're looking great a few weeks before he got hurt. Now, they look like the disheveled team we saw at the start of the year. I'm not sure they are going to be able to find that groove again before the end of the season and launch themselves back into the contender conversation

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seemed pretty neat.
That little speck in the top right quadrant is for Minny...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 hate to say it but think I'm starting to come around on the Rockets lol

Rockets are for real. I was watching their small lineup yesterday when they went without Capela and it's dynamic. From an offensive stand point, it's much more potent than the Warriors because they have all 5 guys who are consistently good from 3. The Warriors have 3 elite guys and then hit or miss guys like Iguodala and Draymond.

Capela is such an advantage for them too. The Rockets were really designed just to beat the Warriors. In order for the Warriors to win, they're going to need to bring their A+ game every game on defense. I think they're capable of that, but it's going to be tough.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets are for real. I was watching their small lineup yesterday when they went without Capela and it's dynamic. From an offensive stand point, it's much more potent than the Warriors because they have all 5 guys who are consistently good from 3. The Warriors have 3 elite guys and then hit or miss guys like Iguodala and Draymond.

Capela is such an advantage for them too. The Rockets were really designed just to beat the Warriors. In order for the Warriors to win, they're going to need to bring their A+ game every game on defense. I think they're capable of that, but it's going to be tough.
Feels like a 7 game series and no sure winner.

I suspect the Ws will have to outgun them on offense for a game or two as well.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 hate to say it but think I'm starting to come around on the Rockets lol
The thing is I have no idea what avi to give you. I'm not a Rockets fan, and it'd be kind of dumb to make you rock a Warriors one for this bet