• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can never just be happy.

WTF for?

To trade him?

Well, maybe that would increase his value depending on the number.

This just seems like such a Doc Rivers thing to do.

But, I thought he wasn't making these decision?

I love watching Lou play, but his defense keeps him from being a starter. If he could just be an average defender at least, I would welcome him back to the Lakers with open arms.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interesting stat on Cowherd this morning...

Through their first 34 games in the NBA:

Lebron: 28% from 3 point range, 6.1 assists, 5.2 rebounds

Lonzo: 29% from 3 point range, 7.1 assists, 7.1 rebounds

Obviously Lebron averaged more points per game as would be expected given their roles.

Maybe Lonzo isn't having such a bad rookie season after all?
Lonzo was absolutely AWFUL to start the Season.

So was Donovan Mitchell.

So was DSJ.

Now that he's more comfortable, has adjusted to the pace, speed, size of other guys....

He's been pretty good.

A skinny rookie, playing the toughest position on the court, having early struggles shouldn't be a surprise.

He's gonna be a good player.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interesting stat on Cowherd this morning...

Through their first 34 games in the NBA:

Lebron: 28% from 3 point range, 6.1 assists, 5.2 rebounds

Lonzo: 29% from 3 point range, 7.1 assists, 7.1 rebounds

Obviously Lebron averaged more points per game as would be expected given their roles.

Maybe Lonzo isn't having such a bad rookie season after all?

He's honestly not having a bad season. It's just a perfect storm of media coverage, his dad, high profile team, and a really strong rookie class that is overshadowing him.

I think Lonzo has a lot of potential, but he really will need to learn how to score. Otherwise, he could end up being MCW 2.0. Look at both of those guys rookie numbers and they're really comparable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo was absolutely AWFUL to start the Season.

Now that he's more comfortable, has adjusted to the pace, speed, size of other guys....

He's been pretty good.

A skinny rookie, playing the toughest position on the court, having early struggles shouldn't be a surprise.

He's gonna be a good player.

Agree. I'm not a big Cowherd fan, but he does make some good points from time to time. He said that Lebron had to deal with a lot of hype, which is difficult. But Lonzo has had to deal with negativity because of his fathers mouth.

Gotta be some kind of Russian mob guys in or around Lithuania that could take Lavar hostage for awhile. Maybe until Big Baller Brand shoes start to actually be made and sent out? That should keep him quiet for a few years. lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news for @Mecca - I watched the last part of the Clippers game last night when they made a nice come back from behind and beat the Warriors - who was missing Curry and Thompson. One of the guys stated that "The Clippers has been a real joy to watch this year" - So I guess I have been missing something - I was under the impression that they haven't been playing that good. That was an exact quote by the way

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's honestly not having a bad season. It's just a perfect storm of media coverage, his dad, high profile team, and a really strong rookie class that is overshadowing him.

I think Lonzo has a lot of potential, but he really will need to learn how to score. Otherwise, he could end up being MCW 2.0. Look at both of those guys rookie numbers and they're really comparable.

Agree. His shot has improved, but I think he'll need to adjust it some, so he be more consistent and learn to finish at the rim in traffic a little better.

If he can do those 2 things, he'll start to truly live up to being the #2 pick.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I'm not a big Cowherd fan, but he does make some good points from time to time. He said that Lebron had to deal with a lot of hype, which is difficult. But Lonzo has had to deal with negativity because of his fathers mouth.

Gotta be some kind of Russian mob guys in or around Lithuania that could take Lavar hostage for awhile. Maybe until Big Baller Brand shoes start to actually be made and sent out? That should keep him quiet for a few years. lol
He had better be careful - Trump might refuse to bail him out the next time:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. His shot has improved, but I think he'll need to adjust it some, so he be more consistent and learn to finish at the rim in traffic a little better.

I don't think that is going to happen til next year. Lonzo is a work in progess. In my opinion, Lonzo never really learned how to shoot correctly, so no he has to unlearn bad habits and re-learn the basics and that takes time

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to go watch film on Rod Strickland ASAP. Not the most athletic dude, but he had a way to get to the basket and score with crafty finishes. THat's all Lonzo really needs to do. He just needs to be a thread in the P&R to take the ball to the bucket and score.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's unfair.

People are shitting on the kid because of Lavar.

Seriously, can you imagine what it must have been like to grow up with that overbearing buffoon?

Lonzo telling him to shutty is easier said than done.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is going to happen til next year. Lonzo is a work in progess. In my opinion, Lonzo never really learned how to shoot correctly, so no he has to unlearn bad habits and re-learn the basics and that takes time

Actually, completely re-working his shot is not only unnecessary, it could make it even harder for him to ever become a consistent scorer.

Getting better at finishing at the rim should come with experience and his body filling out.

For his outside shot, imo, he just needs to raise his release point a little. Some of the best shooters ever have had some pretty ugly shots (check out Reggie Miller and Jamaal Wilkes as examples). They got away with it because, regardless of how ugly their shots were, they ended up at the correct release point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news for @Mecca - I watched the last part of the Clippers game last night when they made a nice come back from behind and beat the Warriors - who was missing Curry and Thompson. One of the guys stated that "The Clippers has been a real joy to watch this year" - So I guess I have been missing something - I was under the impression that they haven't been playing that good. That was an exact quote by the way

Please stop mentioning me, quoting my posts etc.

I'm asking you nicely.

Leave me be and I'll do the same for you.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to go watch film on Rod Strickland ASAP. Not the most athletic dude, but he had a way to get to the basket and score with crafty finishes. THat's all Lonzo really needs to do. He just needs to be a thread in the P&R to take the ball to the bucket and score.
I like that.

Kyrie got that Strickland reverse layup down to a science.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfair.

People are shitting on the kid because of Lavar.

Seriously, can you imagine what it must have been like to grow up with that overbearing buffoon?

Lonzo telling him to shutty is easier said than done.

I honestly can't decide if Lavar is just a Dad who is/was doing everything in his power to help his sons become NBA players, had things get too successful too fast and has gotten caught up in the fame and lost control of his senses...

Or if this is just who he is and has planned all along to make his sons success about him.

I want it to be the latter, but I'm afraid it's the former.

Turnuptheheat2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't decide if Lavar is just a Dad who is/was doing everything in his power to help his sons become NBA players, had things get too successful too fast and has gotten caught up in the fame and lost control of his senses...

Or if this is just who he is and has planned all along to make his sons success about him.

I want it to be the latter, but I'm afraid it's the former.

Can you please fix my regular account??

#WTF