• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Kaep on Denver and they'd be running away with the AFC West, especially with KC struggling lately.

I say this as a proud Raiders fan.

No, they wouldn't.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is back

I think Lebron is just enjoying winning games by imposing his will. It is interesting to watch them "flip the switch" and pull out games.

But the Cavs still have major issues. Some early criticism was right. Rose/Wade are old and less effective than I thought they would be. Their defense is bad and I'm not sure it can improve a lot. It might be better that Rose is hurt because court spacing is a better.

It was still inexcusable for Cavs to lose some of those games a couple of weeks ago. But when they needed to suck it up and play well ... and/or when Lebron felt challenged (Celtics, Wizards, Bucks, Clips, Pistons, Knicks at MSG) -- then they have stepped up to the challenge.

HORNETS -- including Dwight & Kemba -- have improved and have stepped up lately also.

Cavs fans should not feel good about their consistent effort or their defense.

It will be interesting to watch when IT comes back. For Cavs to do damage in the spring -- IT will have step up.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Business and morality have very little to do with one another. Also, the stand is being taken by Kaepernick, it's made him a distraction whom, as Gman points out, isn't worth the cost it would take to employ him.

There is also the sense of entitlement. "If I'm one of the best 50 QBs on the field -- then NFL must give me a job."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they wouldn't.

Yea. I'm a Kaep supporter but he wasn't that good. I do think he should be in the league and is being blackballed but that was ridiculous statement. Running away with a division where the division leader is 6-4 is basically saying Kaep would have Denver at 8-2 or so. Denver at best would probably be 4-6 or 5-5 with Kaep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say it is hilarious watching teams like Houston and GB wave the white flag on their season because they refuse to bring Kaep in who is obviously better than anything they have at QB. Especially a team like GB. They could have probably still had a decent shot at a superbowl if they had an avg QB like Kaep keeping them above water until A-Rod comes back.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC goes down to the Pelicans even though Boogie was ejected in the 3rd.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I'm a Kaep supporter but he wasn't that good. I do think he should be in the league and is being blackballed but that was ridiculous statement. Running away with a division where the division leader is 6-4 is basically saying Kaep would have Denver at 8-2 or so. Denver at best would probably be 4-6 or 5-5 with Kaep.

Yep. I don't like how he chose to protest, I think he could have picked a much better way. But I completely support his right to protest.

I also support the right of the owners to not employ someone who they believe will hurt their business.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston win streak in trouble BTW. Down 3 in Dallas with under 2 to go

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Kaep's better than just about every single backup in the league. The problem is, as @trojanfan12 pointed out is that a backup QB's job is to stay silent and not be a distraction of any kind. It's the exact reason that Tebow is out of the league now. Tebow had tools to succeed and experienced a modicum of success to build off of. His main problem(s) were accuracy and mechanics (when he winds up the ball is near his hips as opposed to over shis shoulder). But Tebow's fan following is damn near cult-like and teams don't want to deal with that.

I hate Tebow. He's a gator. But even I recognize that if it weren't for his fans, he'd still be in the NFL - as a backup.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say it is hilarious watching teams like Houston and GB wave the white flag on their season because they refuse to bring Kaep in who is obviously better than anything they have at QB.

I don't think Kaep would do any better. From what I've read and heard, Rodgers is what made that offense go and that they don't have much outside of him. Just seems like that's being exposed now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Kaep's better than just about every single backup in the league. The problem is, as @trojanfan12 pointed out is that a backup QB's job is to stay silent and not be a distraction of any kind. It's the exact reason that Tebow is out of the league now. Tebow had tools to succeed and experienced a modicum of success to build off of. His main problem(s) were accuracy and mechanics (when he winds up the ball is near his hips as opposed to over shis shoulder). But Tebow's fan following is damn near cult-like and teams don't want to deal with that.

I hate Tebow. He's a gator. But even I recognize that if it weren't for his fans, he'd still be in the NFL - as a backup.

At least you're man enough to admit he's better than almost all the backups. Had someone on a different forum here at SportsHoopla tell me in preseason that every single QB on every single roster including 3rd stringers were better than Kaep

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kaep would do any better. From what I've read and heard, Rodgers is what made that offense go and that they don't have much outside of him. Just seems like that's being exposed now.

Have you seen Brett Hundley play? He's terrible. It would be impossible not to be better than he is. That dude is hilariously bad. On several rosters, he is a practice squad/3rd string QB

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're man enough to admit he's better than almost all the backups. Had someone on a different forum here at SportsHoopla tell me in preseason that every single QB on every single roster including 3rd stringers were better than Kaep

Damn, that statement is almost Wiggyesque. Who the hell said that?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not going to overreact yet for the Thunder; especially considering that the Heat in their first year started 9-8. Having said that, if they don't have this figured out by January, I think it'd be safe to say that this would be a failure.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand your point of view. Tebow was 8-6 in reg. season games in which he started.

But I still think he sucked at as QB.

Colin K probably is a poor NFL QB -- but at least he might be OK/average ... and he doesn't suck as much as Tim T.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that statement is almost Wiggyesque. Who the hell said that?

Harold. The Seahawks fan. You may have seen him on the NFL or CFB board. Solid poster but don't think he's a Kaep fan lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Brett Hundley play? He's terrible. It would be impossible not to be better than he is. That dude is hilariously bad. On several rosters, he is a practice squad/3rd string QB

That's what I'm saying though. The offense, outside of Rodgers is that bad. It may not necessarily be Hundley that's the problem. I haven't watched much of the Packers, I'm just saying what I've heard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point of view. Tebow was 8-6 in reg. season games in which he started.

But I still think he sucked at as QB.

Colin K probably is a poor NFL QB -- but at least he might be OK/average ... and he doesn't such as much as Tim T.

Tebow should have just been man enough to change positions and he would still be in the league.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie ejected?
im_shocked.gif

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to overreact yet for the Thunder; especially considering that the Heat in their first year started 9-8. Having said that, if they don't have this figured out by January, I think it'd be safe to say that this would be a failure.

The Thunder have issues ... and their body language is really bad right now.

But I think they will end up OK ... 4th-6th seed in the West.