• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Champions League

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed off I cant watch this Spurs - Real Madrid game. 1-1 at half. A result for Spurs would be incredibly massive not only for advancement but also team confidence.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll do it! Spurs travel to Madrid and get a huge 1-1 draw and a massive point.

Meanwhile, Dortmund went to lowly Apoel Nicosia and also only drew 1-1...missing their chance to gain ground.

This essentially guarantees Dortmund will not be moving on as they remain 6 points back of both Spurs and Real Madrid.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Leipzig got a result today for a German side. Dortmund very disappointing again. Looks like tomorrow Bayern - Celtic will be on at the bar on FSP. I will be there to see it. Bayern need to win this one for sure.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offically halfway through the group stage of UCL. Biggest surprise for me is Atletico Madrid with just 2 points and in major trouble.

Here are the teams in position to advance through 3 group games

A- Man United and Basel
B- PSG and Bayern
C- Chelsea and Roma
D- Barca and Juventus
E- Liverpool and Spartak Moscow. This is the closest group. Top 2 are tied with 5 points. Sevilla in 3rd with 4 points.
F- Man City and Shakhtar Donetsk
G- Besiktas and RB Leipzig
H- Tottenham and Real Madrid

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a hunch, but I think this is the year for Manchester United.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a hunch, but I think this is the year for Manchester United.

Not Manchester City? I thought Manchester City has a better chance than United. With Pep I think they expect to at least get to the semi-finals with this team or it would be a disappointment. At this point, you could say PSG and Manchester City are the two best teams in the world...at this point, not saying they are, just how they have looked so far.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Manchester City? I thought Manchester City has a better chance than United. With Pep I think they expect to at least get to the semi-finals with this team or it would be a disappointment. At this point, you could say PSG and Manchester City are the two best teams in the world...at this point, not saying they are, just how they have looked so far.

Yeah pretty tough to argue with what you are saying. Mine is just a hunch. The best team doesn't always win. I'd just like to see a British team win the thing. City would be ok with me.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty tough to argue with what you are saying. Mine is just a hunch. The best team doesn't always win. I'd just like to see a British team win the thing. City would be ok with me.

When Pogba returns that should help too. Wasn't much of a game for them today but they got their points. If any British team wins it will be one of the Manchesters. Not sure if the Spurs are there yet, but you never know, they have looked good so far and they have Kane. Liverpool and Chelsea I don't think either has a chance.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Pogba returns that should help too. Wasn't much of a game for them today but they got their points. If any British team wins it will be one of the Manchesters. Not sure if the Spurs are there yet, but you never know, they have looked good so far and they have Kane. Liverpool and Chelsea I don't think either has a chance.

Can't see the Spurs or Liverpool winning it. Chelsea is very weird this year. Too many good teams for them to win the whole thing. Agree with you that Manchester is the best bet.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see the Spurs or Liverpool winning it. Chelsea is very weird this year. Too many good teams for them to win the whole thing. Agree with you that Manchester is the best bet.

Chelsea very weird. Lose to Crystal Palace? Yikes. And coughed that big league today. At the bar, I had the bartender turn the Chelsea game, Bayern game, and Barcelona game on separate TVs today in front of me during lunch. What a fun lunch. My Italian friend whose team is AS Roma was loving today's result especially when Atletico got a very sorry result against Qarabag too.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chelsea very weird. Lose to Crystal Palace? Yikes. And coughed that big league today. At the bar, I had the bartender turn the Chelsea game, Bayern game, and Barcelona game on separate TVs today in front of me during lunch. What a fun lunch. My Italian friend whose team is AS Roma was loving today's result especially when Atletico got a very sorry result against Qarabag too.

Speaking of all those TV's, I once was in Vegas and watched 6 football games at one time. I nearly lost my mind trying to keep up. So finally I cut it to 2 games. Problem was that every few minutes cheers broke out when I knew it couldn't possibly be the game I was watching.

Chelsea also lost their opener to I think Watford (a guess).

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of all those TV's, I once was in Vegas and watched 6 football games at one time. I nearly lost my mind trying to keep up. So finally I cut it to 2 games. Problem was that every few minutes cheers broke out when I knew it couldn't possibly be the game I was watching.

Chelsea also lost their opener to I think Watford (a guess).

Watford I think so was the early loss. Not sure. Watford this year's Cinderella so far. As lunch progressed I pretty much was mostly watching Chelsea Roma game as the other two were in the bag. That was quite a game.

P.S. Bartender knows me well now. As soon as I walk in she is pouring my long island ice tea and asks me "which German team today and what channel?" Good service.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda disappointed in the Chelsea draw, but they look solid to proceed to the knockout round. Spain will be there as usual with at least 2 teams.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda disappointed in the Chelsea draw, but they look solid to proceed to the knockout round. Spain will be there as usual with at least 2 teams.

Looks like only Liverpool is at risk for a British team not getting through. 5 would be great. Looks like Germany will get 2 through...although Leipzig inexperience could haunt them still. Dortmund is dead for sure.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like only Liverpool is at risk for a British team not getting through. 5 would be great. Looks like Germany will get 2 through...although Leipzig inexperience could haunt them still. Dortmund is dead for sure.

5 would be incredible considering how the Brits have done in recent years. Last few years has been Spain and Bayern Munich.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta take care of the wife now. Nice talking to you.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 would be incredible considering how the Brits have done in recent years. Last few years has been Spain and Bayern Munich.
They should get all 5 through to the knockout round, though Liverpool's group is still a bit tight, i expect them to make it through. I agree of the English teams, one of the Manchesters has the best chance to win it. Chelsea doesn't have the depth to make a good run in both the EPL and UCL, Liverpool is too inconsistent, and I don't think Spurs is quite there yet, but they could make it pretty far.

Spain will have at least 2, Barca and RM (surprise), and I think Sevilla will squeeze through also. I am surprised at Atletico so far.

Dortmund is for sure headed to the Europa unless they somehow turn it around and Spurs or RM implodes, which I highly doubt. Bayern will go through and probably Leipzig.

Italy will have at least 2, Juve and Roma, and IF they play like they're capable, I can see Napoli going through also. And once they are in the knockouts, I can see Juve getting far, they have a history of playing well over two legs, and they have a history of having at least once meltdown game in the UCL every season, last year it was in the final, they had one against Barca early in the group so maybe that's the one for this year.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should get all 5 through to the knockout round, though Liverpool's group is still a bit tight, i expect them to make it through. I agree of the English teams, one of the Manchesters has the best chance to win it. Chelsea doesn't have the depth to make a good run in both the EPL and UCL, Liverpool is too inconsistent, and I don't think Spurs is quite there yet, but they could make it pretty far.

Spain will have at least 2, Barca and RM (surprise), and I think Sevilla will squeeze through also. I am surprised at Atletico so far.

Dortmund is for sure headed to the Europa unless they somehow turn it around and Spurs or RM implodes, which I highly doubt. Bayern will go through and probably Leipzig.

Italy will have at least 2, Juve and Roma, and IF they play like they're capable, I can see Napoli going through also. And once they are in the knockouts, I can see Juve getting far, they have a history of playing well over two legs, and they have a history of having at least once meltdown game in the UCL every season, last year it was in the final, they had one against Barca early in the group so maybe that's the one for this year.

I forgot about Seville. I think they won Europa 3 years in a row by finishing 3rd in their group. Athletico can still make it with 3 games to go. The luck of the draw can be very important after the group stage. I agree that Juventus has a chance. I really think that this could be England's year and I just like Manchester United to take it all. Just a hunch that they'll play better than City if either or both make the semis.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Seville. I think they won Europa 3 years in a row by finishing 3rd in their group. Athletico can still make it with 3 games to go. The luck of the draw can be very important after the group stage. I agree that Juventus has a chance. I really think that this could be England's year and I just like Manchester United to take it all. Just a hunch that they'll play better than City if either or both make the semis.
Yeah, I'm still not sold on Man City yet. Their scoring record looks great, but they really haven't played anyone yet. In the EPL the only decent team they've played is Chelsea (1-0) and lets be honest, Chelsea aren't looking like world beaters. Yes they beat Liverpool 5-0 but Liverpool is the poster child for inconsistency. I believe their defense is suspect, and if they meet someone like Juve who can shut them down (or at least slow them) they'll go out. They are not a team that can grind out an ugly win like say RM has.

I do think barring injuries, ManU should at least get to the semis if not win it all.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm still not sold on Man City yet. Their scoring record looks great, but they really haven't played anyone yet. In the EPL the only decent team they've played is Chelsea (1-0) and lets be honest, Chelsea aren't looking like world beaters. Yes they beat Liverpool 5-0 but Liverpool is the poster child for inconsistency. I believe their defense is suspect, and if they meet someone like Juve who can shut them down (or at least slow them) they'll go out. They are not a team that can grind out an ugly win like say RM has.

I do think barring injuries, ManU should at least get to the semis if not win it all.

I more high on Man City than United in UCL. I think Ederson is a big upgrade in goal for them. Pep has his sweeper keeper now like he had at Bayern with Neuer. Plus they have poured money into better defenders this year too to improve that area. We'll see.