• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Champions League

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one at Spurs is untouchable, if the right offer comes in Levy will take it, or the players will ask to leave eventually. Don't think Levy will suddenly up their salary scale, that's not how he operates. And as far as the extra income, most of that will go to pay for that new stadium, even though the NFL footed part of it, it's not like here where taxpayers pay for stadiums. Although I think they are better managed (both on the pitch and in the back office) I think Spurs will be a bit like Arsenal when they basically capped what they'd spend on player (transfer fees and salaries) and most of their extra income from the Stadium and UCL went to pay off The Emirates stadium, even to the point where they sold top players like Van Persie.

I do agree that either would go outside of the EPL, RM, Barca, etc. Could also see them going to either Inter or Milan since both have new owners with deep pockets who want to bring them back to what they used to be.

Yeah, basically what i meant is that any deal for Kane or Dele would have to be monstrous for Levy to let them go.

I think they're in better shape than Aresnal was when they upgraded their stadium, but i guess time will tell. If they want to be a premier club on the world stage, they will have to pay somewhat competitively.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both he and Kane are relatively untouchable, but if someone offers $200M, it's hard to turn down.

I can pretty confidently say that if either leaves, it won't be to an english side. Real Madrid or Barca seem like the two possibilities.
Tottenham is a selling club. Walker sold. Bale sold. Kane and Alli will probably be gone by the end of their contracts. Remember, a lot of funds have to be diverted towards the stadium. Arsenal tooks years to "recover" and they still truly havent

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, both Hoffenheim and Everton losing right now

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tottenham is a selling club. Walker sold. Bale sold. Kane and Alli will probably be gone by the end of their contracts. Remember, a lot of funds have to be diverted towards the stadium. Arsenal tooks years to "recover" and they still truly havent

Walker is a terrible example. They got someone to over pay for a guy they wanted to get rid of and they now have 1 and maybe 2 right backs that are better than him.

They sold Bale for a then world record 4 years ago...they've since used that money to rebuild the program. They were sellers then, certainly. Now...not nearly the same.

Spurs also rebuffed Man U's large bid for Eric Dier and all bids for Danny Rose this summer.

I wouldn't call them a selling club...certainly not in the same mold as mid tier EPL clubs. They spent a lot more than they received back the last few transfer windows in a row.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everton loses and Hoffenheim continues their tradition of crapping in Europe and kicking ass domestically. Although the refs have given Hoffenheim 5 minutes to get with the freaking program. Let's hope Hertha and Koln get the job done if Hoffenheim doesn't.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everton loses and Hoffenheim continues their tradition of crapping in Europe and kicking ass domestically. Although the refs have given Hoffenheim 5 minutes to get with the freaking program. Let's hope Hertha and Koln get the job done if Hoffenheim doesn't.

Wow. They play such a great game against Bayern last weekend and you are right crapped it up today. And to think their young coach may be the next Bayern coach (he moved to Munich this week) when Ancelloti moves to Premier League next summer.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that via the Bundesliga Twitter account. Is it weather related?
Fan safety due to the Koln invasion. Sounded like they needed to sort some ticketing issues out or something.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. They play such a great game against Bayern last weekend and you are right crapped it up today. And to think their young coach may be the next Bayern coach (he moved to Munich this week) when Ancelloti moves to Premier League next summer.

Didn't I see somewhere that Ancellotti was going to the Chinese Super League? Or was that just an unfounded rumour?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koln away fans impressive.
Arsenal fans ,well "Season ticket holders threatened with having the ticket revoked if they stand up and chant" as to not ruin the experience for tourists. Stan Kroenke needs to be shot for all the sports franchises he's ruined trying to make max profit. Disgusting man. The board is just as guilty.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd goal for Arsenal is huge. Now a 0-1 defeat at Koln doesn't = loss on agg