• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mojo could come back man this team would be loaded up front.

Hall-Nico-Palmieri
Grabner-Zacha-Mojo
Bratt-Zajac-Maroon
Coleman-Boyle-Wood

Would have loved a defenseman but won't complain.
Noesen and Gibbons have been good for us too....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are this, because I don't love coughing up picks for rentals either, we have a lot of young guys on the NHL roster and a logjam of guys on the cusp. So our need to get young is not dire.

We still have our firsts and with the way other GMs are throwing picks away leads me to believe they know something about this year's crop of prospects.

This also sends a distinct message to all these guys. Taylor Hall isn't sticking around or doing favors for a GM that's not committed to winning.

My one complaint is that we didn't sell anything. I would have taken anything for Lovejoy/Hayes/Stafford etc.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well we do have a lot of good prospects already in the minors with mcloed bastian davies anderson. i believe that grabner will get resigned so it really isn't bad to get him for a 2nd rounder. rykov stings but hes at the least a year away and hasn't played in north america once plus hes russian so i dont trust him.

maroon has heavy ties with this team. he played under hynes and shero i read for some world cup thing and hes played with lovejoy palm vatanen and hall. i'm sure they did their due diligence. hes the exact type of player that you need come playoff time hes a slower version of woods.

how often do 3rd round picks pan out? and by the time it would pan out it would be about 3-4 years from draft day. we can't always be planning for the future we have to take advantage of the now and the now is we are a playoff bound (hopefully) team and looking to beef up.

i really really really believe that this team kicked the tires on karlsson and it was too much and i have no doubt in my mind that carlson is on their radar when he hits the ufa in july. that with grabner would be a huge summer win.

lets keep in mind this team is super young everywhere so not having draft picks for a year isn't a huge huge deal. we still have our first which is the biggest chip to have.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hopefully cory is back for the florida game.

heard that murrary is out tonight with a concussion. need to take advantage of that

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

sometimes a 2nd 3rd and a prospect have to be spent to get the team rolling. lets see how it plays out

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rangers i think got hosed on their deal with the bolts. i know they got a lot back but they also gave up a ton. they gave away their biggest trade chip and they didnt even get the best prospect from the team? draft picks are good and all but meh you need players in the pipeline already

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If guys are healthy Lovejoy has no business being in the lineup.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a very, very, very enjoyable game to be at last night. All i heard from Pens fans last time we beat them was how they had to play back to back nights and were coming off game vs caps, had to travel to NJ right after...blah, blah, blah. This team is so fun to watch, defense still scares hell out of me at times and Lovejoy is just flat out awful, but we could make some noise with our depth up front now. Team can play loose with nothing to lose if we get in, nobody expects anything from them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed, there were a couple of guys that didn't have great games and we still beat a really good team. Maybe I'm biased but the Crosby goal could've/should've been interference, I really don't understand how they interpret those.

Guys were blocking shots all over the place, couple times I thought they were surefire goals if not for the blocked shots. Kinkaid did a great job of continuously freezing the puck and stopping play, kills other teamst momentum.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kinkaid made the saves he had to make thats all you can ask for a backup but to go into pitt last night and get that win was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge keep the pressure on the caps/pens/flyers maybe can sneak into the #1 spot?

crosby at the end of the game had that wide open cage and it luckily hit greenes skate otherwise the game would've been tied.

the way the reviews go i dont know if i wouldve challenged that so early. the calls can go either way by why risk your only challenge so early in the game? its really stupid that the nfl gives you 2 challenges at the least but the nhl only allows 1? just make all scoring plays reviewed if its a close enough call like last night? buzz down and take a look just like the nfl does. its not that hard

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a good win!!! we went into their home ice and took the win. Not even our best game but great chances on the counter....

Luv it!!!!!!!!!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider back in net tonight. Florida is 7-3 in their last 10.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointing. That second goal against was vintage Schneider, he's gotta cut that shit out. At least Hall keeps the point streak alive.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disappointing. That second goal against was vintage Schneider, he's gotta cut that shit out. At least Hall keeps the point streak alive.
its sad but i felt the same fucking way. Vintage Cory.... i mean, wtf....

shame cuz he did make some great saves but the two freak goals were simply terrible(though the first one, the guy got ran over "legally" so what could anyone do)

As part of the Cory experience, the goals were no where to be found....

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third loss in a row tonight. Why didn't we sign defenseman at last trades? We are allowing too many goals this year. We need improvements in that department.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice now we've beat Pens and went on 3 game losing streak immediately after. NO way we shouldn't have at least scraped 2-3 points out of those 3 games.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely need 2 points tonight, brutal stretch coming up after this one.