• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maroon and Moore had awful games.

Schneider let in 2 really bad goals that cost us.

We had countless chances and did not capitalize, good teams capitalize.

Dustin Byfuglien is a freak, guy was all over the place, played 28+ minutes. I take back my earlier comment, I want Karlsson.

They were a big team. If we make the playoffs, a big skilled team will beat us. With the exception of 3 it 4 guys we are a small team and got beat up along the boards.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size does affect us and continues to do so. It's just a matchup issue thats unavoidable with our current makeup.

We did "relentlessly" attacked so thats a good thing but too often we were bunching up players around one area where as the opponent had only 1 guy but no damage done.

The line changes from Hynes looked questionable but i get he was trying.

Grabner and Maroon are killing us. Killing us in that we went to bring these guys in to help take the offense up to the next level but they are bringing results no different had we called up our young guys... come on...

We're either not utilizing them properly or Shero made two costly mistakes....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Story of the game is their goalie made key saves and ours let in 2 soft goals. The 2nd goal was a wrist shot from the point. Yes, nice shot but NHL goalies need to stop those.
Moore was bad but Severson coughed up the puck I think for that 3rd goal. We cannot afford those types of fuck ups during a playoff run and especially in the playoffs.

I barely noticed Grabner. Maroon's best play of the game was the hit in the 3rd where he got a penalty.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The failure to bring in a solid D-man is starting to catch up.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Solid win on the road against one of the best teams in the league. Quiet here. Devils played well last game too. Team is exceeding expectations this season and I am happy that at this point of the season they are in the wild card race. People said that they were going to be one of the worst teams in the league.

Also Hall is definitely MVP but I thought he played poorly last 2 games. Poor for his standards that is. Kinkaid very good. Maroon was good too.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win on the road against one of the best teams in the league. Quiet here. Devils played well last game too. Team is exceeding expectations this season and I am happy that at this point of the season they are in the wild card race. People said that they were going to be one of the worst teams in the league.

Also Hall is definitely MVP but I thought he played poorly last 2 games. Poor for his standards that is. Kinkaid very good. Maroon was good too.
I was away from the boards but tried following on my phone. I was happy to see 2-1 after 2 but almost cried when it was 2-2 after regulation. Just saw the encore, crap, last 90 secs they scored.

Kinkaid played strong for us. Another night for his due. I wish Cory can get back to that.

FUCKING scary that we have 13 games left, and we're only 3 pts of FLA who has 3 games in hand. we'll see what the standings look like by Wednesday. I think they'll play 1 game thru wed...

We're also only 3 pts from Philly. We needs wins and if losses, got to be in OT.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has played better than I thought they would. And it's time to get greedy. They are where they are. In control of their own destiny in regards to playoff positioning. They had better make the playoffs. I'm tired of my teams torturing me. Just get in. Anything after that would be a bonus.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i can't believe i'm going to say this but is kinkaid our #1 now? for the record i think kinkaid sucks big time but its just right now he sucks a little less then cory. what a brutal trade that was for cory giving up a #9 for him? wish i had bo hovart

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't believe i'm going to say this but is kinkaid our #1 now? for the record i think kinkaid sucks big time but its just right now he sucks a little less then cory. what a brutal trade that was for cory giving up a #9 for him? wish i had bo hovart
It's the feeling right now. Not entirely a knee jerk response IMO either. Kinkaid isn't your franchise goalie but he picked up his game, perhaps aided by the failing to meet expectations in mr cory schneider.

Unfortunetly we need big plays from our goalies down this stretch. I can't believe we may miss the playoffs, I'm fucking stunned.

Right NOW, that trade does look like sh*t. Cory has been great for us in the beginning but something happened and he's not there anymore... but maybe he can be back.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cory will be fine. He missed a good bit of time and I'm sure it'll take a bit yet to get back into the rhythm. Let's not forget how many games he stole in the first half of the season to allow us to be talking about the playoffs.

That said, we need to get in the playoffs. If riding KK for now is what get us there, so be it. Pittsburgh did basically the same thing with Matt Murray the last two years and they won two cups.

Devils REALLY need to turn up the volume these last few weeks of the season. The win against NSH was huge but they need to follow it up and string some wins together. This season has been too much fun to end on the outside of the bubble.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this break is a good thing. Gives us time to recharge, game plan, nurse any inhinjur etc. before this road trip.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
huge loss by the panthers last night really opened the door for the devils to put some serious distance between them. flyers losing also keeps them in a close spot. this team is really like a hit or miss you never know what team is going to show up. i'm hoping that them playing the better teams will be a blessing in disguise they seem to raise their game when they play them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you think the players are going to gamble in vegas?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Devils!!!! lets get a W tomorrow!

Hopefully Grabner can show up and make a damn impact(on the goal scoring).... if he's not aiding, he needs to be bumped from the 2nd line.

again, could he switch to RW? i would contemplate it if we move him to Hall n Nico line... Nico would create opportunities for him as he does for Pal

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hard to believe grabner had 25 goals before being dealt to the devils wtf happened? i still like the move and really like it if we make thhe playoffs. the guy will be a nice wildcard in a 7 game series

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to believe grabner had 25 goals before being dealt to the devils wtf happened? i still like the move and really like it if we make thhe playoffs. the guy will be a nice wildcard in a 7 game series
he has to show up in these last 13 games...

unbelievable we lost a 2nd rd pick..... again!