• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank goodness^
I won't complain about the effort last night especially the 2nd and 3rd period.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Schneider comes back and is healthy his injury may be a blessing in disguise, he'll be well rested for the final stretch.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how about we shake off the loss and get back on track tonight!

lets go Devils!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate losing...

unbelievable how hard we started and then poof.... down like nothing...

We are hurting back there in goaltending...

but scoring, lets go fellas!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sucks about loss. Saw the shots total but missed game due to work.
So. You guys seeing this Grabner to Devils trade? Can’t tell if it BS but seems twitter going nuts.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we got Grabner from the NYR for our '18 2nd rd pick and D Rykov(prospect).

Well, not a trade that has me super excited, I'm actually a bit "errrr" on losing another 2nd rd pick. Now losing one to a 30 yr UFA who could leave us..... Apparenly many devils fans are up in arms about losing Rykov...

But there are excited ones for Grabner.

The speed does sell me and his scoring seems to be a good thing on paper. IDK.... maybe I need sleep on it but we didn't lose anyone yet.

Definitely says something about MoJo IMO

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow a 2 goal lead and make a useless trade with the Rangers, insult to injury. Coughing up a 2nd for a guy I don't want to resign, I'm pissed about this one.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we got Grabner from the NYR for our '18 2nd rd pick and D Rykov(prospect).

Well, not a trade that has me super excited, I'm actually a bit "errrr" on losing another 2nd rd pick. Now losing one to a 30 yr UFA who could leave us..... Apparenly many devils fans are up in arms about losing Rykov...

But there are excited ones for Grabner.

The speed does sell me and his scoring seems to be a good thing on paper. IDK.... maybe I need sleep on it but we didn't lose anyone yet.

Definitely says something about MoJo IMO

I like the trade, if we get Mojo back, we are very deep up front and added more speed and 5v5 scoring in Grabner. Its nice to actually be buying with a playoff spot in our sights again. Its a 2nd rounder and a guy who may or may not ever even leave the KHL, I have no problem with it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind losing Rykov but losing another 2nd rd is killing me.

For Pal, it's been great.
For Mueller, mmmm jury still out.
Mojo was for a 2nd and 3rd rd picks... and he may or may not play....

We lost 2-3 high picks on guys who are not consistently playing for us. Now another for a true rental. If we were going to go for rental might as well aim higher.

But lets see... again I didn't jump off my seat last night and this morning didn't change perception but not hating the trade with full force as some. I do dislike losing another 2nd though... not changing that.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I always liked Grabner.
But, not sure what either team was thinking here.
For the Rangers, why would you trade him to the hated Devils? Also, Grabner was one of the more talked about names. I think they could have potentially gotten a high first from a team that is higher up than NJ.

For the Devils, they still need to make the playoffs. I don't see Rykov becoming much in the NHL. Maybe a bottom pair defenseman. Sure the 2nd sucks but its still a 2nd in the middle of the round.

As for Grabner, speed, plus smart player. Guy like Hagelin was fast but always thought he was not that smart of a player. Grabner can play but its still a rental. If they have a longer term deal in play, then that makes this trade better.

If anything, this is telling Taylor Hall and team that Shero is serious about getting into the playoffs and winning a round.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny, I really didn't hear much about adding Grabner among the Devils fans circles yet everyone is saying this is the guy we need etc... I'm like, why hasn't anyone mentioned that before? lol To be fair, the popular names were on the higher end of the spectrum.

But i do like the speed, fast element he brings as it does sound a fit for our team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wasn’t high on the trade st first I thought Rykov was closer then he actually is. Now you wonder if he even comes over and remember he was a 5th round pick who hasn’t played North America hockey.

The second? Meh that’s the price you pay to be in a playoff race. Would u rather be selling pieces and not in a playoff race?

Grabner is insanely fast and yeah I get he’s 30 but he still flies which is exactly what this team is built for. He will fit in great and he’s a tremendous pk player which we desperately need too. I also think and would want him to resign here give him a three year deal and watch this young group just race around and teams play catch-up. Mclode isn’t even up and he’s probably faster then all of them. I’m pumped and so is Hall I’m sure which is the most important thing