• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are staring at that 40 number too much. Bosa had a hot and cold combine.

The 4.21 shuttle and the 6.89 cone are impressive for a man his size. Just to give you an idea: That is almost identical quickness numbers as Sammy Watkins.

The 40 number isn't scary at all. That one number that jumped out is how little he did is in the bench. He did 24 times. There were rumors that he could top 40 in that.

I've been listening to some scouts talk about the combine and they have all said the bench press is probably the most worthless event at the combine. I wouldn't be too concerned about that number.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Bosa that seems to stand out is his 3 cone. Even in a 3-4 scheme as a rush LB, he could stand up and cover a little with some coaching no problem. You'd probably get the most out of him in a 4-3 DE position but he could do everything Kerrigan does and thats worth a top 5 pick regardless of scheme.

My rough 1st round post combine:

1. Titans - Laremy Tunsil OT
2. Browns - Carson Wentz QB
3. Chargers - Joey Bosa OLB
4. Cowboys - Jared Goff QB
5. Jaguars - Jalen Ramsey FS
6. Ravens - DeForest Buckner DE
7. Niners - Myles Jack LB
8. Dolphins - Reggie Ragland LB
9. Bucs - Noah Spence DE
10. Giants - A'Shawn Robinson DT
11. Bears - Ronnie Stanley OT
12. Saints - Vernon Hargreaves CB
13. Eagles - Paxton Lynch QB
14. Raiders - Kendall Fuller CB
15. Rams - Laquon Treadwell WR
16. Lions - Vernon Butler DT
17. Falcons - Shaq Lawson DE
18. Colts - Jack Conklin OT
19. Bills - Andrew Billings DE
20. Jets - Leonard Floyd LB
21. Redskins - Chris Jones DE
22. Texans - Ezekial Elliot RB
23. Vikings - Keanu Neal S
24. Bengals - Josh Doctson WR
25. Steelers - Mackenzie Alexander CB
26. Seahawks - Jarran Reed DT
27. Packers - Jason Spriggs OT
28. Chiefs - Robert Nkemdiche DE
29. Cardinals - Eli Apple CB
30. Carolina - Emmanual Ogbah DE
31. Broncos - Hunter Henry TE

I keep seeing Hunter Henry's name associated with the Broncos and I guess my question is why? They used a 3rd round pick on a guy that they really like last year plus signed 2 other guys they really like last year. They have much bigger needs and players at least according to your top-31 here that are a great fit for what the Broncos want to do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing Hunter Henry's name associated with the Broncos and I guess my question is why? They used a 3rd round pick on a guy that they really like last year plus signed 2 other guys they really like last year. They have much bigger needs and players at least according to your top-31 here that are a great fit for what the Broncos want to do.
I just assumed that he had value based on the fact that he is probably the only TE that should be drafted in the top 100. Multiple team needs boards say the Broncos need a TE. I was also leaning oline but none of them are really jumping out at me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just assumed that he had value based on the fact that he is probably the only TE that should be drafted in the top 100. Multiple team needs boards say the Broncos need a TE. I was also leaning oline but none of them are really jumping out at me.

I think they are saying TE is a need mostly because of just the unknown around our guy that went on IR last year. I can tell you from listening to insiders in Denver though the Broncos are down right giddy to see this kid play this year. He was that one pick that had everybody in the draft room jumping up for joy that they got him. So while I actually do like Hunter Henry as a prospect I just have a hard time seeing that be the direction they go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are saying TE is a need mostly because of just the unknown around our guy that went on IR last year. I can tell you from listening to insiders in Denver though the Broncos are down right giddy to see this kid play this year. He was that one pick that had everybody in the draft room jumping up for joy that they got him. So while I actually do like Hunter Henry as a prospect I just have a hard time seeing that be the direction they go.

I agree. Jeff Heuerman should be fine next year. He tore his ACL in May, so he should be back in camp this summer.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 52 receptions in 4 years in college while Henry had 51 last year. They do fit the same profile, though, so I could see the Broncos passing on a TE early. Its just easy as an outsider to question that position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Jeff Heuerman should be fine next year. He tore his ACL in May, so he should be back in camp this summer.

That is what Elway has been saying is that he is very much on track with his recovery. I do see the Broncos taking a TE at some point in this draft to add to the depth but I just don't think they will be needing that #1 TE. Now maybe they want to do like the Patriots and try to run 2 #1 TE's but again I just think they have more pressing needs and players that fit in that 1st round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 52 receptions in 4 years in college while Henry had 51 last year. They do fit the same profile, though, so I could see the Broncos passing on a TE early. Its just easy as an outsider to question that position.

Oh I understand why many national analyst have it as a big need. Heck the Broncos spent most of the season trying to find that 3rd TE with Hueurman going down with injury in rookie camp. And honestly I wouldn't be too upset about the pick as I do think Henry is a great talent and the Broncos do love to run 2 TE sets. I just think they go a different direction early on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand why many national analyst have it as a big need. Heck the Broncos spent most of the season trying to find that 3rd TE with Hueurman going down with injury in rookie camp. And honestly I wouldn't be too upset about the pick as I do think Henry is a great talent and the Broncos do love to run 2 TE sets. I just think they go a different direction early on.

I mocked Sheldon Rankins to DEN @ 31.

I do see how TE could come up with Henry most likely being on the board. I think Rankins could get some snaps at DE...actually a lot of snaps if Jackson leaves.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mocked Sheldon Rankins to DEN @ 31.

I do see how TE could come up with Henry most likely being on the board. I think Rankins could get some snaps at DE...actually a lot of snaps if Jackson leaves.

I liked your pick. He isn't my favorite DT/DE in this draft but he is definitely a top-5 option that could be available at our pick. I've seen him rising into the top-15 lately though of many mock drafts so might not be an option. If he is there though I have a hard time seeing the Broncos pass on him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st round TEs haven't been impact picks lately, with the exception of Eifert coming on this year.

Some of the later round TEs have been as or more successful. Julius Thomas and Cameron in '11, Kelce and Reed in '13, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's pick could depend on how free agency goes (like most teams, of course).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked your pick. He isn't my favorite DT/DE in this draft but he is definitely a top-5 option that could be available at our pick. I've seen him rising into the top-15 lately though of many mock drafts so might not be an option. If he is there though I have a hard time seeing the Broncos pass on him.

I agree with the masses...DL is the deepest position in this draft...specifically DT, but some of these guys are hybrids...3-4 DE or 4-3 DT.....or, the Broncos are in the perfect spot to take a guy like Jaylon Smith and wait a yr.

A few guys in the Steeler room are on that train because it's not looking as if 25 will see much time if the guys in place are re-signed. I think PIT might lose Foster at LG, thus my OG pick.

After his performance today...Apple will probably gain more interest.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the masses...DL is the deepest position in this draft...specifically DT, but some of these guys are hybrids...3-4 DE or 4-3 DT.....or, the Broncos are in the perfect spot to take a guy like Jaylon Smith and wait a yr.

A few guys in the Steeler room are on that train because it's not looking as if 25 will see much time if the guys in place are re-signed. I think PIT might lose Foster at LG, thus my OG pick.

After his performance today...Apple will probably gain more interest.

Oh I would love for the Broncos to take Jaylon Smith. The Broncos have a lot of draft picks this year and a good chunk next year and for the most part will have most holes filled before the draft even comes around. Stinks to have to watch a guy sit for a year but how often do you get a shot at a top-5 talent in this draft when picking at the end of round 1? Not very often. I would take a chance on him in a heart beat.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would almost seem a bit nuts to me for Denver to draft defense but maybe thats just me being shortsighted. Its hard to say which direction most of these teams will go.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's pick could depend on how free agency goes (like most teams, of course).

Yep...this is all pre-FA draft chatter...some boards won't be effected much, but others could change drastically.

I think Weddle will go to OAK and I have Killebrew going there in the 2nd rd...that would change.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would almost seem a bit nuts to me for Denver to draft defense but maybe thats just me being shortsighted. Its hard to say which direction most of these teams will go.

This is where just not knowing how FA will go makes it hard to know what direction teams will be leaning. If they lock up Malik and Von Miller then yeah I can't see Defense being the way they go. If they lose Malik though (Von Miller isn't going anywhere) I could see Defense going up the board. Then again with how deep this DL class is it might pay to wait.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'd be surprised if I even got the position right for 10 of the 31 picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would love for the Broncos to take Jaylon Smith.
I think Smith should go somewhere Rd2. I'm not sure if he makes a lot of sense for the Broncos but thats roughly the start of his 'range' imo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I would love for the Broncos to take Jaylon Smith. The Broncos have a lot of draft picks this year and a good chunk next year and for the most part will have most holes filled before the draft even comes around. Stinks to have to watch a guy sit for a year but how often do you get a shot at a top-5 talent in this draft when picking at the end of round 1? Not very often. I would take a chance on him in a heart beat.

Assuming this looks like a one year recovery, I'd take him at 25 to be honest. If his progress is looking promising closer to the draft, I don't think he will make it to 25.