• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, not much speed on display today at the combine.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever Keith Marshall is ran a 4.31

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever Keith Marshall is ran a 4.31

RB for Georgia. The guy is talented. He has had 2 problems though. 1) Injuries. For 3 straight seasons he has had injuries cause him to miss games. 2) Talent ahead of him. I mean when you have one of the top RB's in college football ahead of you your carries are limited so then when you spend so much time injured on top of that you just don't get a chance to show what you have. If he can get healthy and get in the right scheme he could be worth a 7th round pick just to see if that elite athleticism translates to on the field production.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Multiple NFL teams told NFL Media's Kimberly Jones that Eastern Kentucky DE Noah Spence's interviews at the scouting combine were "very shaky."

"Perhaps now we can stop the narrative that [Spence]'s going to be a first-round pick," one NFL source told Jones. Another said he "didn't see anything special" with the 6-foot-3, 261-pound defensive lineman. Spence has publicly addressed his ban from the Big Ten following multiple failed drug tests, saying that he's worked to avoid the party scene in the interim. Even those who like Spence's game sound uncertain. One told Jones that Spence has a "unique ability to win one-on-one match-ups." When she asked him if he trusted the former Buckeye, he responded "I don't know yet." - Rotoworld

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just ignore that Watt is a 4 Tech and Bosa probably ends up playing 43 end

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nkemdiche could be a fall guy, in a different way
Posted by Mike Florio on February 29, 2016, 5:38 AM EST
zz1myzbhmwe4odcynmm0ndywotuzytvimji1ndnmnmqznw-e1456742310888.jpeAP
In a stunning Scouting Combine press conference, Mississippi defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche suggested that he was a Cris Carter-style “fall guy” when charged with marijuana possession on the evening Nkemdiche literally fell out of a window. Now, Nkemdiche could be a fall guy on draft day.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports writes that Nkemdiche has become the primary candidate to plunge due to off-field concerns, with pre-existing worries compounded by his Combine comments in a way that reminds some (i.e., at least me) of linebacker Vontaze Burfict’s slide through all seven rounds in 2012. As Robinson notes, former teammate Laremy Tunsil’s camp denied the allegation that Tunsil was present for the fall-guy-in-more-ways-than-one incident, a development that really isn’t all that surprising. Another development was, a little: Nkemdiche’s claim that teams believe his version of the events.

“They believe me,” Nkemdiche told Robinson of the reaction to his explanation. “It’s the truth and it’s what I’m going to keep moving forward with. I’m going to stick to my story. That’s what it is. I’m going to keep moving forward, keep being in the moment and get ready to show out on Sunday.”

Show out he did on Sunday, and that’s where he separates from Burfict. While Nkemdiche likely won’t fail to get a call from a team on the clock during the seven rounds of the draft, he’ll continue to be the one member of the class who emerges from the pre-draft process with the title, “most likely to fall.” In more ways that two.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cardale Jones, you should of stay at OSU, you will be lucky to go in day three now.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris tweeted , we got slow revivers coming into the league now". The worse forty time for WRs in 11 years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bosa bench 24, Watt bench 34.
Bosa vert 32, Watt vert 37.

So they are basically the same physical speciman from a speed and agility standpoint but Watt is much stronger.

Bosa's combine suggests he is more in line with a Cameron Jordan or a Kony Ealy type player and not a JJ Watt but Watt is likely a once in a decade type of freak.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB for Georgia. The guy is talented. He has had 2 problems though. 1) Injuries. For 3 straight seasons he has had injuries cause him to miss games. 2) Talent ahead of him. I mean when you have one of the top RB's in college football ahead of you your carries are limited so then when you spend so much time injured on top of that you just don't get a chance to show what you have. If he can get healthy and get in the right scheme he could be worth a 7th round pick just to see if that elite athleticism translates to on the field production.

I can speak on this kid.

Definitely injuries were a part, but the backfield got stacked big time with Gurley and Chubb...when he was healthy...just not enough carries...showed himself well at the combine...should be a decent RB2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa bench 24, Watt bench 34.
Bosa vert 32, Watt vert 37.

So they are basically the same physical speciman from a speed and agility standpoint but Watt is much stronger.

Bosa's combine suggests he is more in line with a Cameron Jordan or a Kony Ealy type player and not a JJ Watt but Watt is likely a once in a decade type of freak.

Watt was always an unfair comparison....maybe Bosa will find his DL quickly, but he still looks like a 4-3 DE to me...bigger, stronger than a Shane Ray...the Ealy comparison fits.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt was always an unfair comparison....maybe Bosa will find his DL quickly, but he still looks like a 4-3 DE to me...bigger, stronger than a Shane Ray...the Ealy comparison fits.
The thing about Bosa that seems to stand out is his 3 cone. Even in a 3-4 scheme as a rush LB, he could stand up and cover a little with some coaching no problem. You'd probably get the most out of him in a 4-3 DE position but he could do everything Kerrigan does and thats worth a top 5 pick regardless of scheme.

My rough 1st round post combine:

1. Titans - Laremy Tunsil OT
2. Browns - Carson Wentz QB
3. Chargers - Joey Bosa OLB
4. Cowboys - Jared Goff QB
5. Jaguars - Jalen Ramsey FS
6. Ravens - DeForest Buckner DE
7. Niners - Myles Jack LB
8. Dolphins - Reggie Ragland LB
9. Bucs - Noah Spence DE
10. Giants - A'Shawn Robinson DT
11. Bears - Ronnie Stanley OT
12. Saints - Vernon Hargreaves CB
13. Eagles - Paxton Lynch QB
14. Raiders - Kendall Fuller CB
15. Rams - Laquon Treadwell WR
16. Lions - Vernon Butler DT
17. Falcons - Shaq Lawson DE
18. Colts - Jack Conklin OT
19. Bills - Andrew Billings DE
20. Jets - Leonard Floyd LB
21. Redskins - Chris Jones DE
22. Texans - Ezekial Elliot RB
23. Vikings - Keanu Neal S
24. Bengals - Josh Doctson WR
25. Steelers - Mackenzie Alexander CB
26. Seahawks - Jarran Reed DT
27. Packers - Jason Spriggs OT
28. Chiefs - Robert Nkemdiche DE
29. Cardinals - Eli Apple CB
30. Carolina - Emmanual Ogbah DE
31. Broncos - Hunter Henry TE

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are staring at that 40 number too much. Bosa had a hot and cold combine.

The 4.21 shuttle and the 6.89 cone are impressive for a man his size. Just to give you an idea: That is almost identical quickness numbers as Sammy Watkins.

The 40 number isn't scary at all. That one number that jumped out is how little he did is in the bench. He did 24 times. There were rumors that he could top 40 in that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Bosa that seems to stand out is his 3 cone. Even in a 3-4 scheme as a rush LB, he could stand up and cover a little with some coaching no problem. You'd probably get the most out of him in a 4-3 DE position but he could do everything Kerrigan does and thats worth a top 5 pick regardless of scheme.

4. Cowboys - Jared Goff QB
5. Jaguars - Jalen Ramsey FS
6. Ravens - DeForest Buckner DE
7. Niners - Myles Jack LB
8. Dolphins - Reggie Ragland LB
9. Bucs - Noah Spence DE
10. Giants - A'Shawn Robinson DT
11. Bears - Ronnie Stanley OT
12. Saints - Vernon Hargreaves CB
13. Eagles - Paxton Lynch QB
14. Raiders - Kendall Fuller CB
15. Rams - Laquon Treadwell WR
16. Lions - Vernon Butler DT
17. Falcons - Shaq Lawson DE
18. Colts - Jack Conklin OT
19. Bills - Andrew Billings DE
20. Jets - Leonard Floyd LB
21. Redskins - Chris Jones DE
22. Texans - Ezekial Elliot RB
23. Vikings - Keanu Neal S
24. Bengals - Josh Doctson WR
25. Steelers - Mackenzie Alexander CB
26. Seahawks - Jarran Reed DT
27. Packers - Jason Spriggs OT
28. Chiefs - Robert Nkemdiche DE
29. Cardinals - Eli Apple CB
30. Carolina - Emmanual Ogbah DE
31. Broncos - Hunter Henry TE

# TEAM PICK POS

1 TN TUNSIL OT
2 CLE WENTZ QB
3 SD BUCKNER DE
4 DAL BOSA DE
5 JAX RAMSEY FS
6 BAL STANLEY OT
7 SF GOFF QB
8 MIA JACK LB
9 TB LAWSON DE
10 NYG A. ROBINSON DT
11 CHI REED DT
12 NO BILLINGS DT
13 PHI LYNCH QB
14 OAK HARGREAVES CB
15 LA TREADWELL WR
16 DET SPENCE DE
17 ATL DODD DE
18 IND CONKLIN OT
19 BUF NKEMDICHE DE
20 NYJ ALEXANDER CB
21 WAS COLEMAN WR
22 HOU ELLIOTT RB
23 MIN RAGLAND LB
24 CIN OGBAH DE
25 PIT WHITEHAIR OG
26 SEA SPRIGGS OT
27 GB CALHOUN LB
28 KC APPLE CB
29 AZ WRIGHT LB
30 CAR THOMPSON FS
31 DEN RANKINS DT

I haven't really tweaked this much, but I did take Jaylon Smith out of the 1st rd and inserted Spriggs.

On 25...this is based on PIT not coming to terms with Foster...if they do, this pick would change to Apple as much as I don't like it for '16.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not so much that Idt Bosa can play in space...it's investing a top 10 pick on him and trying to make him fit...that's why I mocked DeForest to SD and Bosa to DAL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that Idt Bosa can play in space...it's investing a top 10 pick on him and trying to make him fit...that's why I mocked DeForest to SD and Bosa to DAL.
Buckner is weird to me. He can dominate a guy 1 on 1 and force a double but when Buckner gets doubled, he gets completely eliminated sometimes in embarrassing fashion. If he ends up a 3-4 DE, he could be a starter for his whole career without racking up a whole lot. He also could improve because he is the perfect size but I wouldn't be shocked if he was just a starter that ends up with 0-1 pro bowls in his career. Oregon's surrounded defense was AWFUL though so its possible that teams just game planned around him to make him look bad because they knew no one else on that D was a threat.

I feel like with Bosa you know what you are getting. Pressure. Thats why I rate him very slightly higher.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckner is weird to me. He can dominate a guy 1 on 1 and force a double but when Buckner gets doubled, he gets completely eliminated sometimes in embarrassing fashion. If he ends up a 3-4 DE, he could be a starter for his whole career without racking up a whole lot. He also could improve because he is the perfect size but I wouldn't be shocked if he was just a starter that ends up with 0-1 pro bowls in his career. Oregon's surrounded defense was AWFUL though so its possible that teams just game planned around him to make him look bad because they knew no one else on that D was a threat.

I feel like with Bosa you know what you are getting. Pressure. Thats why I rate him very slightly higher.

As DEF players, I think Bosa has the better chance of being a more impactful player...what I'm not sure about...whether he can overcome a scheme mis-fit....@ 275 playing 3-4 DE...he's going to face a lot of 310+ OGs looking to maul him in the run game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nkemdiche could be a fall guy, in a different way
Posted by Mike Florio on February 29, 2016, 5:38 AM EST
View attachment 93014AP
In a stunning Scouting Combine press conference, Mississippi defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche suggested that he was a Cris Carter-style “fall guy” when charged with marijuana possession on the evening Nkemdiche literally fell out of a window. Now, Nkemdiche could be a fall guy on draft day.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports writes that Nkemdiche has become the primary candidate to plunge due to off-field concerns, with pre-existing worries compounded by his Combine comments in a way that reminds some (i.e., at least me) of linebacker Vontaze Burfict’s slide through all seven rounds in 2012. As Robinson notes, former teammate Laremy Tunsil’s camp denied the allegation that Tunsil was present for the fall-guy-in-more-ways-than-one incident, a development that really isn’t all that surprising. Another development was, a little: Nkemdiche’s claim that teams believe his version of the events.

“They believe me,” Nkemdiche told Robinson of the reaction to his explanation. “It’s the truth and it’s what I’m going to keep moving forward with. I’m going to stick to my story. That’s what it is. I’m going to keep moving forward, keep being in the moment and get ready to show out on Sunday.”

Show out he did on Sunday, and that’s where he separates from Burfict. While Nkemdiche likely won’t fail to get a call from a team on the clock during the seven rounds of the draft, he’ll continue to be the one member of the class who emerges from the pre-draft process with the title, “most likely to fall.” In more ways that two.

I'm sure whatever was said at the combine was rehearsed for a few weeks...we may never get to the absolute truth...if they did believe him, I think he goes in the 20s.