• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Cleveland is going QB.... *shakes head*

Can I even shake my head at this point? What do you do if you're Cleveland? Draft a kicker or punter 1st round and go to the SBOWL I guess.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Elliott would like to play for the Cowboys. If he falls to the 2nd round or late first Cowboys will probably make a play.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Elliott would like to play for the Cowboys. If he falls to the 2nd round or late first Cowboys will probably make a play.

Don't think so but Im not Jerry I would rather have Kenneth Dixon than elliot

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see him falling to the 2nd round unless he has a terrible combine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Cleveland is going QB.... *shakes head*

Can I even shake my head at this point? What do you do if you're Cleveland? Draft a kicker or punter 1st round and go to the SBOWL I guess.

As bad as it may look...the Browns do need to go fishing again for a QB, but it's the right move...new GM/HC/QB. If Hue can convince Mack to stay...maybe get a RT via FA and they have the workings of a decent OL.

The problem is getting rid of contracts such as Riddick Bowe's...wtf the was Farmer thinking there.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty obvious but i figured i'd post it anyways Tunsil is the best LT prospect in years imo

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal QB Jared Goff plans to throw at the Combine.

Throwing at the Combine has become an annual "will they or won't they?" with the draft's top quarterbacks, but Goff said he plans to do every drill. "I think it’s the right thing to do," Goff said. "I’ve got nothing to hide. Go out there and throw and have some fun." Goff still has time to change his mind, of course. As things stand now, Goff appears likely to be a top-10 pick. - Rotoworld

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein lists Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott as the No. 4 overall prospect in this draft class.

Interestingly, the analyst compares the reigning Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year (1,821 yards, 23 TD rushing; 27-206 receiving) to Edgerrin James. "Elite, three-down running back who has the ability to excel in every facet of the game," he wrote. "Elliott has rare combination of size, athleticism, pass-catching and blocking skills and his competitive nature is always bubbling on the surface. While he’s had to handle a heavy workload over the last two seasons, Elliot should still come out of the gates as one of the most productive young running backs in the league." Zierlein's NFL Media colleagues Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks recently discussed Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans as possible destinations for Zeke. - Rotoworld

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who are the standout Mizzou players in this year's draft? Is it just Brothers, McGovern and Boehm? I've mocked Boehm to the Rams a few times, what's your opinion of his talent level?
I think Mitch Morse was the best Mizzou olineman of the past few years. Boehm is basically the opposite of Barnes. Good functional strength, good pass blocking, adds literally nothing to the run game. Rams are a bad fit.

Brothers reminds me of Danny Trevathan. Nothing special but does his job and shows up on the stat sheet and always seems to be around the football. Brothers might fall a bit in the draft like Trevathan. I think he'd be a steal in rd3 which is probably when he'll go. Rams are a good fit.

McGovern was played out of position last year. He was a Guard playing Left Tackle. That basically explains Mizzou's offense in a nutshell. I have absolutely no idea what to expect from him but I expect him to be a 7-FA because he was awful at LT.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Last year, someone close to the Missouri coaching staff told me that the staff felt/told NFL teams that Markus Golden would be a better pro than Shane Ray."

Also known as 'if you would've asked any Mizzou fan, they would've told you how awesome Markus Golden is'

I think both teams are happy with the product they got. Shane Ray really showed up big as the year went on and I was impressed with just how well he handled the mental part of the game. I listened to him talk about how a team used the reverse against him because they knew he would go chasing the ball going the opposite direction and because of that he learned to stay home especially in the Super Bowl with all the misdirection that Carolina loves to throw at teams. His use of his hands was also impressive. Started out the year trying to rely on athleticism alone to win but figured out quickly that doesn't work for many in the NFL.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so but Im not Jerry I would rather have Kenneth Dixon than elliot
Correction I would rather take Dixon later and fill some defensive holes early. Elliot is a much more complete player than Dixon is now. I just don't think Jerry will draft RB that early but with Jerry ................