• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Coaches Dead Pool

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 4 left...

Bowles, if he's gone, will probably cite health concerns and he will resign instead of being fired. I don't think that shit pot is his fault, and at some point that organization needs to look in the mirror and figure out an actual direction to take and do it.

Lewis, I don't think he'll be fired. Mike Brown likes stability and in his mind I'm sure he feels this year was a bit of a bad luck year. I'm not sure if that's true or not, both sides of the ball had a worse year than last year and both sides lost some key parts, so my guess is they're thinking will be that they're close enough to a good team to fill in the parts that fell off and move forward.

Fox won't go anywhere. The Bears will now move on from Cutler and I'm guessing they think Fox is the guy to oversee the rebuild on the field.

McCoy might be gone as they try to make a new look for a new locale... My question is who do you blame for the injury issues this team has suffered for the last 4 years or so? I'm not sure how long the injury bug has bit them, but something just isn't right.

Kelly, that whole organization needs a retooling...

A couple others that might be moving on...for whatever reason...or maybe should move on

Pagano - I think the GM of this team needs to go and has needed to for the last 3 years..
Ariens - I think his no nonsense approach is good, but wears thin when some see it applied differently.

I think Bowles would have been safe up until a couple of weeks ago, just based on the "Every coach needs a couple of seasons" theory

But no one in the NFL, the Jags/Brown/Niners/Rams, no one has quit on the season like the Jets, and that's an indictment on the coach, and how hard players are willing to fight for him...

I think Bowles is in over his head as a Head Coach, he is another coach that has come in a defensive minded guy, and his defense was dreadful all season

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bowles would have been safe up until a couple of weeks ago, just based on the "Every coach needs a couple of seasons" theory

But no one in the NFL, the Jags/Brown/Niners/Rams, no one has quit on the season like the Jets, and that's an indictment on the coach, and how hard players are willing to fight for him...

I think Bowles is in over his head as a Head Coach, he is another coach that has come in a defensive minded guy, and his defense was dreadful all season

Yeah that to me is why he will be gone. You cannot lose the team like he has. I mean as embarrassed as I am of the Broncos offense over the last month especially it pales in comparison to what the Jets are putting on the field as a whole. Then you also hear the story that he forgot to tell his starting QB he was benching him. How do you forget that little piece of information?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that to me is why he will be gone. You cannot lose the team like he has. I mean as embarrassed as I am of the Broncos offense over the last month especially it pales in comparison to what the Jets are putting on the field as a whole. Then you also hear the story that he forgot to tell his starting QB he was benching him. How do you forget that little piece of information?

And living here in NY, we hear some things that may not be heard nationally, like Brandon Marshall and Sheldon Richardson almost coming to blows on 2 or 3 occasions this season...How Richardson and Wilkerson had to be privately disciplined many times this season for being late to meetings and practices......Just a major shit show.....And they always say that an owner acts when fans stop showing up and the bottom line gets affected, and that's another thing that has happened, Jets attendance is at about a 20 year low now

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And living here in NY, we hear some things that may not be heard nationally, like Brandon Marshall and Sheldon Richardson almost coming to blows on 2 or 3 occasions this season...How Richardson and Wilkerson had to be privately disciplined many times this season for being late to meetings and practices......Just a major shit show.....And they always say that an owner acts when fans stop showing up and the bottom line gets affected, and that's another thing that has happened, Jets attendance is at about a 20 year low now

I had heard about the Marshall/Richardson issues. I hadn't heard the rest but it doesn't surprise me. Broncos almost traded for Richardson from what I have heard but glad we didn't. THose types of guys can definitely destroy a locker room in a hurry.

Yeah going to be interesting to see the changes that happen for the Jets this year. So much wrong with that franchise right now. Lacking some talent, QB situation is a mess, Coaching staff possibly getting fired, cap situation is about as bad as it gets. They can't even hardly hit the reset button for a couple of years. Almost a similar situation that the Raiders were in a few years ago and just had to go through some terrible seasons in the hopes they could start back over.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking at least 25% of the current NFL coaches may be canned by the end of the 2016 season.

In order of imminence of firing, these are my candidates:

Chip Kelly - 49ers This is a no brainer. Kelly has completely failed on the pro level.
Gus Bradley - Jaguars Nothing after 3+ years.
Jeff Fisher - Rams Long overdue.
Todd Bowles - Jets Victim of circumstance, he had no QB.
Rex Ryan- Bills Big blow hard meets reality. The game has passed him by.
Marvin Lewis - Bengals See Jeff Fisher comment.
John Fox - Bears No traction or improvement for the organization, they've declined.
Mike McCcoy - Chargers Three years, no progress.
Jay Gruden - Redskins Depends on how far and fast the redskins fade this year.

These coaches are on the bubble, but their teams have given them a temporary reprieve:

Dan Quinn - Falcons He stays if they make the playoffs.
Jim Caldwell - Lions Same as Dan Quinn.
Adam Gase - Dolphins Same as above.
Sean Payton - Saints Depends where they wind up.

I think these guys stay in spite of their team's play:

Mike McCarthy - Packers
Hue Jackson - Browns First year coach.
Mike Tomlin - Steelers Steelers don't fire anybody for some reason.
Doug Pederson - Eagles First year coach.
Dirk Koetter - Buccaneers First year coach

John Fox's job is not in jeopardy.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox's job is not in jeopardy.
I don't think it should be. He and his staff have done a nice job with what they have...sadly, that hasn't been much and you can start with inheriting Cutler and go from there

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it should be. He and his staff have done a nice job with what they have...sadly, that hasn't been much and you can start with inheriting Cutler and go from there

Yeah, and he actually had the team being very competitive last year. Actually hung around the WC hunt until December. Came out of the season with some momentum, and it appeared the arrow was pointing up.

Fast forward to this year, 20 guys to IR and two QB's down later. Along with PED suspensions to arguably your best offensive and defensive player. I don't really see how you can get much accomplished.

The fact that the defensive unit has been in the top ten most of the year, and has made progress in the midst of these injuries is actually pretty impressive. More of a credit to Vic Fangio than anything, but there is bright spots. The D looks like it is forming a great base of young talent, as is the offensive line. Not to mention, a great young runner emerging in Howard.

I think you have to give him another season to see what he can do.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time, all signs point to Chip Kelly returning to SF.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time, all signs point to Chip Kelly returning to SF.

Eric-Hyde-Laugh-Reaction-Gif-On-That-70s-Show.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SF keeps Kelly, it will be more of the same next year. Of course, they need to get some players too, most notably a QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be really funny if McCoy gets fired from the LA Chargers and then hired by the LA Rams

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Marvin Lewis and Todd Bowles have not been fired yet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 10 coaches with a better track record than Lewis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man were you wrong on that one.

It's amazing how things change in a hurry in the NFL. For example 2 weeks ago Kubiak wasn't planning on retiring from the Broncos. I remember Adam Schefter reporting that there was no indication that a coaching change would be happening in Denver. Then this past Monday Kubiak called John Elway and told him he needed to talk to him. At the last second said he didn't but Elway came to his room anyway and sat down with him. So Kubiak was going back and forth for a while on what he was going to do and nobody quite knew.