• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Coaches Dead Pool

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And...

There he goes. Bye bye Rex (and take that fat assed brother with you)

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fired:

Jeff Fisher - Rams Long overdue. Its about fucking time. Why did they extend his ass?
Gus Bradley - Jaguars Nothing after 3+ years.
Rex Ryan- Bills Big blow hard meets reality. Bonus points for firing Rob Ryan.

Next to be fired:

Chip Kelly - 49ers This is a no brainer. Kelly has completely failed on the pro level.
Todd Bowles - Jets Victim of circumstance, he had no QB.
Marvin Lewis - Bengals: He won't get to lose another first round playoff game.
John Fox - Bears No traction or improvement for the organization, they've declined.
Mike McCcoy - Chargers Three years, no progress.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe Cincy finally cuts ties with Lewis after the season but hell, they've kept him around this long so who knows.
Chip Kelly to me is a no-brainer. The guy shouldn't be coaching anything in the pros, imo.
McCoy is done for sure, I think.
Bowles and Fox, I don't know. Maybe they get another chance or maybe not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak for the Broncos is one to keep an eye on. Quite a few rumors going around Denver by actually decent sources with the team that Kubiak could be retiring after this season. So not quite on the list for being fired but health wise he might decide time to call it a career.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak for the Broncos is one to keep an eye on. Quite a few rumors going around Denver by actually decent sources with the team that Kubiak could be retiring after this season. So not quite on the list for being fired but health wise he might decide time to call it a career.

Very good point. He's had plenty of health scares. Might be a good time to step back.

Same with Mike Zimmer. Not nearly as serious but clearly there's a continuing issue with his eyes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point. He's had plenty of health scares. Might be a good time to step back.

Same with Mike Zimmer. Not nearly as serious but clearly there's a continuing issue with his eyes.

What is with all these coaches going down this season? Bowles went down this last week with some kind of health scare. Just seems like this is becoming a bit more common. Maybe something the NFL needs to look into of how many hours these guys are putting in as nothing worse than a coach going down with a heart attack in the middle of a game.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagano should never survive

If you cant win that dogshit division with Andrew Luck, you need to be selling groceries

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with all these coaches going down this season? Bowles went down this last week with some kind of health scare. Just seems like this is becoming a bit more common. Maybe something the NFL needs to look into of how many hours these guys are putting in as nothing worse than a coach going down with a heart attack in the middle of a game.
These guys are always driven workaholics. The nature of the biz, I suppose but it definitely could be a serious health concern.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are always driven workaholics. The nature of the biz, I suppose but it definitely could be a serious health concern.

Oh I get that. I just am wondering if this is an anomaly that 3 coaches ended up hospitalized during the season or is this a trend to expect moving forward that these coaches will start going down because of how much work and stress they are under?

I mean really in today's NFL I would say these guys have much more on their plate compared to years past. Teams were more patient in the past where now it is either instant success or expect to be gone. They have more media commitments and I"m sure when things are not going good the stress of the questions weighs on these guys. Then you have a different breed of players that can be much more difficult to reach and I would say much more about self than team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagano should never survive

If you cant win that dogshit division with Andrew Luck, you need to be selling groceries
I think Pagano has only lasted due to sympathy. I'm not belittling his battle with cancer, I wish him all the best healthwise. But coaching is a different thing altogether. They have a potential HOF QB and they are wasting it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pagano has only lasted due to sympathy. I'm not belittling his battle with cancer, I wish him all the best healthwise. But coaching is a different thing altogether. They have a potential HOF QB and they are wasting it.

I'm not sure I would put all of that on Pagano though. They have a GM that has done very little drafting wise. I mean when the OL has struggled most of Luck's career and what do you go do but draft another WR in the 1st round that is known as a deep threat. Well can't throw it to the guy because you don't have the time to wait.

I do think Pagano will be let go but I could see him going on and having quite a bit of success elsewhere.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get that. I just am wondering if this is an anomaly that 3 coaches ended up hospitalized during the season or is this a trend to expect moving forward that these coaches will start going down because of how much work and stress they are under?

I mean really in today's NFL I would say these guys have much more on their plate compared to years past. Teams were more patient in the past where now it is either instant success or expect to be gone. They have more media commitments and I"m sure when things are not going good the stress of the questions weighs on these guys. Then you have a different breed of players that can be much more difficult to reach and I would say much more about self than team.
:agree:, that mini mutiny in Minnesota shows just how bad it can be. Mike Zimmer is supposed to be a "players" guy yet they basically gave him the middle finger. Now the media will never let that die.
Maybe Belichek has the right idea. Basically give the press nothing and walk out and never worry about their shit. Of course, it helps that he wins year after year too.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I would put all of that on Pagano though. They have a GM that has done very little drafting wise. I mean when the OL has struggled most of Luck's career and what do you go do but draft another WR in the 1st round that is known as a deep threat. Well can't throw it to the guy because you don't have the time to wait.

I do think Pagano will be let go but I could see him going on and having quite a bit of success elsewhere.
Yup, Indy is a hot mess for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:, that mini mutiny in Minnesota shows just how bad it can be. Mike Zimmer is supposed to be a "players" guy yet they basically gave him the middle finger. Now the media will never let that die.
Maybe Belichek has the right idea. Basically give the press nothing and walk out and never worry about their shit. Of course, it helps that he wins year after year too.

Well other coaches have tried to be Belichick and it hasn't ended well. It is just something that comes naturally to Belichick and the culture he has established in New England. That isn't something that you can just do day 1 as a new coach somewhere else. I remember McDaniels trying to do that in Denver and well everything completely imploded.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Indy is a hot mess for sure.

Yup. And I would say the Owner is right at the heart of it. Some of the best teams in the league are the ones with owners that kind of work in the background and are willing to hire football people to make football decisions. Irsay to me is one of the worst owners in the entire league.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And I would say the Owner is right at the heart of it. Some of the best teams in the league are the ones with owners that kind of work in the background and are willing to hire football people to make football decisions. Irsay to me is one of the worst owners in the entire league.
Yeah, Irsay isn't good for sure and like you said earlier, their drafting and team building management has been atrocious. Cleveland is another one that comes to mind. It's sad to watch sometimes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Irsay isn't good for sure and like you said earlier, their drafting and team building management has been atrocious. Cleveland is another one that comes to mind. It's sad to watch sometimes.

Well there is a reason that even with a hard cap that is supposed to help equalize things for teams that the good teams stay good and the bad teams even with picking top-10 year after year continue to stay terrible. Bad management can destroy a team very quickly.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly - 49ers This is a no brainer. Kelly has completely failed on the pro level.
Todd Bowles - Jets Victim of circumstance, he had no QB.
Rex Ryan- Bills Big blow hard meets reality. Update says he be fired at the end of the season.
Marvin Lewis - Bengals: He won't get to lose another first round playoff game.
John Fox - Bears No traction or improvement for the organization, they've declined.
Mike McCcoy - Chargers Three years, no progress.

Of the 4 left...

Bowles, if he's gone, will probably cite health concerns and he will resign instead of being fired. I don't think that shit pot is his fault, and at some point that organization needs to look in the mirror and figure out an actual direction to take and do it.

Lewis, I don't think he'll be fired. Mike Brown likes stability and in his mind I'm sure he feels this year was a bit of a bad luck year. I'm not sure if that's true or not, both sides of the ball had a worse year than last year and both sides lost some key parts, so my guess is they're thinking will be that they're close enough to a good team to fill in the parts that fell off and move forward.

Fox won't go anywhere. The Bears will now move on from Cutler and I'm guessing they think Fox is the guy to oversee the rebuild on the field.

McCoy might be gone as they try to make a new look for a new locale... My question is who do you blame for the injury issues this team has suffered for the last 4 years or so? I'm not sure how long the injury bug has bit them, but something just isn't right.

Kelly, that whole organization needs a retooling...

A couple others that might be moving on...for whatever reason...or maybe should move on

Pagano - I think the GM of this team needs to go and has needed to for the last 3 years..
Ariens - I think his no nonsense approach is good, but wears thin when some see it applied differently.

Last edited:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the gm as much if not more but both need to go . if I was gm I would get pats def coach for head coach and I would pick all D players in the draft .Costanzo lt allen te , mathis lb , cole lb , Jackson lb , jones dl , Patrick cb should all be gone . I would bring back adams . all them gone means a lot of money for free agents .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 4 left...

Bowles, if he's gone, will probably cite health concerns and he will resign instead of being fired. I don't think that shit pot is his fault, and at some point that organization needs to look in the mirror and figure out an actual direction to take and do it.

Lewis, I don't think he'll be fired. Mike Brown likes stability and in his mind I'm sure he feels this year was a bit of a bad luck year. I'm not sure if that's true or not, both sides of the ball had a worse year than last year and both sides lost some key parts, so my guess is they're thinking will be that they're close enough to a good team to fill in the parts that fell off and move forward.

Fox won't go anywhere. The Bears will now move on from Cutler and I'm guessing they think Fox is the guy to oversee the rebuild on the field.

McCoy might be gone as they try to make a new look for a new locale... My question is who do you blame for the injury issues this team has suffered for the last 4 years or so? I'm not sure how long the injury bug has bit them, but something just isn't right.

Kelly, that whole organization needs a retooling...

A couple others that might be moving on...for whatever reason...or maybe should move on

Pagano - I think the GM of this team needs to go and has needed to for the last 3 years..
Ariens - I think his no nonsense approach is good, but wears thin when some see it applied differently.

if ariens is let go the colts would go after him .