• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Entry Draft

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gauthier and/or Jones looking more and more like the next Brandon Saad??? Then again, Button's lists are never even close. I'll wait for an update from McKenzie.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gauthier and/or Jones looking more and more like the next Brandon Saad??? Then again, Button's lists are never even close. I'll wait for an update from McKenzie.
I always thought Button was the more reliable guy?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Button was the more reliable guy?

from my vantage point, Button's rankings are usually a little off the wall. So he gets some guys really wrong where most of the pundits 'knew that guy was gunna be good'. But then he also hits on a couple guys that go much higher than the other pundits expected and succeed.

One example that i know of is Sanheim. Most people had him rated far lower, but Button was high on him and thus far he's progressed very well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm pretty much down to not wanting Max Jones, Riley Tufte, or German Rubstov. Other than that I think I'll be OK with any of the other guys.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellows and Kunin still my main two. Part of me would like to see us go way off the board and just swing for the fences.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am of mixed thoughts...and it is all based on will Hexy make a move to move up, or to add another pick.

I still think that Bellows would be a great fit for the Flyers. He appears to be ready or nearly ready now.

If the Flyers move up (and how far?) then the question is who are they targeting? There are some very attractive options.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am of mixed thoughts...and it is all based on will Hexy make a move to move up, or to add another pick.

I still think that Bellows would be a great fit for the Flyers. He appears to be ready or nearly ready now.

If the Flyers move up (and how far?) then the question is who are they targeting? There are some very attractive options.
Who do you have in mind @wbon22 ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

heh, i'm all about drafting forwards, especially with their early picks, but there's no way they draft 10 forwards this year haha

i'm good with the Gauthier pick, as mentioned, but Kunin and Bellows are my favorites I think (just like 4706).

Still kind of want DeBrincat, but they'd have to do some kind of trading to do that. I wonder if Carolina's #21 and #43 for Philly #18 would make sense. Grab an extra pick and take DeBrincat. I'm guessing the Flyers aren't curious enough about his talent to overcome the tiny stature though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh, i'm all about drafting forwards, especially with their early picks, but there's no way they draft 10 forwards this year haha

i'm good with the Gauthier pick, as mentioned, but Kunin and Bellows are my favorites I think (just like 4706).

Still kind of want DeBrincat, but they'd have to do some kind of trading to do that. I wonder if Carolina's #21 and #43 for Philly #18 would make sense. Grab an extra pick and take DeBrincat. I'm guessing the Flyers aren't curious enough about his talent to overcome the tiny stature though.
Its definitely going to be interesting as to what we would do Are we trading up or trading down and if we do neither who do we pick Is Schenn getting dealt? It is suspenseful if nothing else.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My realistic top 3 at 18 at the moment are Gauthier, Bellows and Fabbro.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My realistic top 3 at 18 at the moment are Gauthier, Bellows and Fabbro.

Las' latest mock was the first time I really thought about listing Fabbro in my target list. I like that he's right handed for sure. Adding an all around RHD could solidfy the d-corps of the future.

I still don't like Penticton players though, they just destroy everyone in the BCHL all the time. Since 2004, only Ryan Johansen has become an impact NHLer. (Granted, Duncan Keith played in Penticton prior to that)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Las' latest mock was the first time I really thought about listing Fabbro in my target list. I like that he's right handed for sure. Adding an all around RHD could solidfy the d-corps of the future.

I still don't like Penticton players though, they just destroy everyone in the BCHL all the time. Since 2004, only Ryan Johansen has become an impact NHLer. (Granted, Duncan Keith played in Penticton prior to that)

Most draft reports I've read are calling him a "safe" pick - a very high likelihood of becoming a 3-4 type, unlikely to develop in to a 1-2, but still capable of being on the #1 PP unit. I tend to prefer players who are described as having strong work ethics and high hockey IQ's. But yes, its also the RH shot that bumps him up a bit for me...

Boston U has a pretty good track record of developing players, too.