• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Entry Draft

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size and skill at forward.
Size and right hand shot if possible on D.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up the best players play center. So the top of every draft is going to be heavy on "centers" even if they'll actually end up playing wing in the NHL. Schenn and Laughton are two examples of that. Cousins possibly too.
These aren't the greatest examples as Schenn was the 4th center taken in the 4th slot not the 17th best player drafted and the 7th best center and I personally just don't think Laughton is that good. I think if we had a deeper team he may not even be on the big club.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These aren't the greatest examples as Schenn was the 4th center taken in the 4th slot not the 17th best player drafted and the 7th best center and I personally just don't think Laughton is that good. I think if we had a deeper team he may not even be on the big club.

ha, have to be difficult and make me research eh? :)

How about Chris Kreider. 19th overall, 7th center, now plays wing successfully.

Staying in the 2009 draft, Marcus Johanssen. 22nd overall, 9th center, now plays wing successfully.

2005. TJ Oshie. 24th overall, 7th center, now plays wing successfully.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, have to be difficult and make me research eh? :)

How about Chris Kreider. 19th overall, 7th center, now plays wing successfully.

Staying in the 2009 draft, Marcus Johanssen. 22nd overall, 9th center, now plays wing successfully.

2005. TJ Oshie. 24th overall, 7th center, now plays wing successfully.
These are much better examples. :thumb:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would potentially be drafting him just to develop him and then trade him away. Not a terrible thing to do, I guess, but it is also insurance in case another prospect of ours does not become what we expect of them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would potentially be drafting him just to develop him and then trade him away. Not a terrible thing to do, I guess, but it is also insurance in case another prospect of ours does not become what we expect of them.
Having too many good defenseman is definitely a problem I could live with. We need to start thinking about which one or two of them we can trade to get better up front. We certainly aren't winning any cups with our bottom 6 as it stands right now. Even though I love the heart of those guys we cant bank on White having a career year in goals and our goalies having to stand on their heads to win down the stretch. Id like to get back to the upper echelon of this league sooner than later.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at this years draft and the more I look at the Flyers overall organizational depth, the more I think that all bets are off as to who and or what the Flyers will do.

WHY?

Well, The Flyers organizationally while getting better, is still lacking overall in defense. Am I advocating drafting a defenseman with the 1st, no, but I would not be stunned. I would be stunned if they drafted a goalie #1 because there is no obvious goalie in this years draft class who makes sense at #18. I think that basically if the draft goes by wrote (pick a mock draft, any mock draft, put it in the deck, tap the deck it comes to the top) and the Flyers will get a player who will help them in the next two or three years. They also will have the chance to add to the overall depth with the extra picks that they have.

Who do I think? Well, I am not Hexy. I really think that the Flyers need a forward. I think they need someone who is polished and ready and can step in sooner rather than later. They need someone no smaller than Brayden Schenn and no slower than Brayden Schenn. That player...Keiffer Bellows. He has the most complete package of skill, savvy and polish. If he is the pick I will feel really smug for about 6 seconds. If he isn't...I am still pretty confident that the Flyers will find what they need in this draft for the next couple years and for the overall organizational depth.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at this years draft and the more I look at the Flyers overall organizational depth, the more I think that all bets are off as to who and or what the Flyers will do.

WHY?

Well, The Flyers organizationally while getting better, is still lacking overall in defense. Am I advocating drafting a defenseman with the 1st, no, but I would not be stunned. I would be stunned if they drafted a goalie #1 because there is no obvious goalie in this years draft class who makes sense at #18. I think that basically if the draft goes by wrote (pick a mock draft, any mock draft, put it in the deck, tap the deck it comes to the top) and the Flyers will get a player who will help them in the next two or three years. They also will have the chance to add to the overall depth with the extra picks that they have.

Who do I think? Well, I am not Hexy. I really think that the Flyers need a forward. I think they need someone who is polished and ready and can step in sooner rather than later. They need someone no smaller than Brayden Schenn and no slower than Brayden Schenn. That player...Keiffer Bellows. He has the most complete package of skill, savvy and polish. If he is the pick I will feel really smug for about 6 seconds. If he isn't...I am still pretty confident that the Flyers will find what they need in this draft for the next couple years and for the overall organizational depth.

I have to admit, if they go D again i will be a little disappointed. I'm very excited for the guys they have now, don't get me wrong, but they need some offense in the system pretty drastically. The current NHL team lacks scoring depth, the AHL lacks scoring depth, and Konecny is the only guy who projects as a decent scoring threat, with an outside chance of Aube-Kubel and Lindblom. While it's no guarantee obviously, they could legitimately have a full NHL crop of dmen amongst Provorov, Myers, Ghost, Hagg, Morin, Sanheim, and Friedman.

That being said, if they do draft a dman, i will get over it and be excited about that player. It's just easier to get excited about an offensive stud :)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other tweets saying that we haven't met with Bellows or Gauthier. Gauthier isn't a guy I'd be hung up on but Bellows is certainly one guy I'd like at 18.

Admittedly I have not been anywhere as involved with reading up on this draft as previous years but I just feel like the field is wide open with good prospects. Kind of hard to pick favorites. I can dream Jost falls to us, hold out hope we can land Keller, think we could get Bellows or Kunin, would be happy with Rubtsov or McLeod.

I could actually live with picking another defenseman.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other tweets saying that we haven't met with Bellows or Gauthier. Gauthier isn't a guy I'd be hung up on but Bellows is certainly one guy I'd like at 18.

Admittedly I have not been anywhere as involved with reading up on this draft as previous years but I just feel like the field is wide open with good prospects. Kind of hard to pick favorites. I can dream Jost falls to us, hold out hope we can land Keller, think we could get Bellows or Kunin, would be happy with Rubtsov or McLeod.

I could actually live with picking another defenseman.

furthering on that..

Tage Thompson, Luke Kunin, Jake Bean among NHL prospects Flyers interviewed at combine