• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Entry Draft

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linus Hogberg at 139. September 4th birthday, must be one of the youngest guys in the draft

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanner Laczynski at 169. Appears to be undrafted last year. Going to Ohio State this year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would've preferred Bellows to Rubtsov and Laberge, but I do really like the Laberge pick. Just concerned over the Rubtsov pick. Hopefully he does show more offensive ability than a lot of the scouting reports show. Speed and size seemed to be the focus this year, wanted more emphasis on skill but what can you do. I don't think anyone will doubt the work ethic of these dudes so that's good. And they fit the style Hexy (and as a result Haxy) want to play.

Like the Carter Hart pick a lot. Don't really need a goalie, but I love the value there. Lots of guys rated him highly.

Still missing an elite scoring threat on the nhl roster and in the prospect pool though. Maybe you don't need it if you have enormous depth, but id be more comfortable with one.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at a bit of loss still with trading down. Hexy said he wanted to focus on size, skill & speed this year when drafting and we all know that forwards would be the primary targets. That's why I just can't wrap my head around passing on Julien Gauthier at 18. One of the Flyers biggest needs is a scoring winger. I get that he's currently listed as a RW and we need a LW but that transition could be made and I think he'd look real nice next to G and Jake.

Now I'm not knocking any of the picks after the first round but I have a strong distrust of Russian players right now due to the pressure they face in their home country to sign in the KHL as well as many of them being under contract as German is currrently for 2 more years. It's not so much that he can't come to NA to play for 2 years as it is that the Flyers really can't oversee his development the way that I'm sure they'd like to.

I'm a fan of the Laberge, Allison and Twarvnski. There is a mix of size, skill, speed and grit in that group and one of them should at minimum develop into a good depth guy, even though I expect more out of Laberge. The Hart pick is great imo because you can never have too many talented goalies in the system.

I am a bit shocked that Hexy didn't pull oiff some magic to move up after being repeatedly linked to the Oilers #4 but I think once Puljuarvi fell into their laps that the price skyrocketed.

So in closing, I'm still not sure what to think but time will tell. Now all there's left to do is sift through a week of FA rumors and see who Hexy signs to help with our scoring problems, that is if he signs anyone at all.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible what the past few years has done for our prospect pool. Might be a long time before we ever see it ever this deep again.

Forwards
-Konecny
-Lindblom
-Aube-Kubel
-Rubtsov
-Laberge
-Leier
-Allison

Defensemen
-Provorov
-Sanheim
-Morin
-Myers
-Hagg
-Friedman

Goalies
-Stolarz
-Sandstrom
-Tomek
-Lyon
-Hart

And those are just the notable prospects. Not to mention Gostisbehere just graduated from being a prospect. A guy like Laberge would have been our top prospect 4 years ago. Now he is one of our top forwards - even with forward still being our weakest position. We may still lack a game breaker at forward, but I think in time Konency may prove to be just as good as we could hope for.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem absolutely stacked with defenders and goalies. I am encouraged that we took the very first goalie of the draft, but it does make you wonder what we're doing with so many goalies. Either way, Carter Hart must be something special.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellows and Gauthier watch is on against Laberge and Rubstov as of this minute. I hope Hexy knew what he was doing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes on HF Boards seem to really like Rubtsov.. thread going all the way back to November talking about him eventually being a steal. Makes me a lot more excited about him. People were calling him a Russian Couturier before the Flyers even drafted him. Compared him to a Datsyuk-type player.

C German Rubtsov - Russia U18, MHL (2016, 22nd, PHI) - HFBoards

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Did you see the video of him lighting up team USA practically all by himself on December 17th in a 6-4 win? He is really good all over the ice already, which we honestly don't usually see so soon (or ever)out of Russian players.

I saw him called the greatest two-way forward in the entire draft class this year. That is pretty exciting to hear and he looks the part too after watching some video on him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the fact that Hextall was a goalie have any influence on why we have so many goalies? Perhaps he has a soft spot in his heart for goalies.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the fact that Hextall was a goalie have any influence on why we have so many goalies? Perhaps he has a soft spot in his heart for goalies.
I'd have to say that we have this many goalies because Hextall was a goalie and we haven't had a home grown goalie in a long time which would benefit us with cap money if he could have one come up to stay.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say that we have this many goalies because Hextall was a goalie and we haven't had a home grown goalie in a long time which would benefit us with cap money if he could have one come up to stay.

from everything i've read, goalies are almost 100% crapshoot. it seems that teams put a point where they'll draft a goalie, ie, i'd be willing to take Joe Goalie at #74 or lower. If he's there with the next pick after #74, they take him, if he's not, no big deal. and the Flyers have just had lower numbers than the rest of the league on some of these guys i guess.

One or two of them are bound to play out though, and that puts you in a strong position moving forward. it's always good to have good goalies and even better to have young cheap ones.

they're building just like Hexy said they would. defense and goaltending. they already have what they feel will be their #1 and #2 centers, plus forwards are a little easier to find, so spend your picks on dmen and goalies.