• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Draft Rumors and Rumors of Rumors

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor yesterday was that Cleveland offered the 12th and 19th picks in the first round to the Tennessee Titans for their number 2 pick in the NFL Draft tonight. The Titans pondered the offer and supposedly refused because the Philadelphia Eagles have moved in and offered Bradford and their first round pick for the #2 or for Mariotta if the Titans draft him.

Fast forward to 5:30 AM in Foxboro, MA. Rumors have made it to local TV that the Browns have offered one and possibly both first round picks to the Patriots for Jimmy Garrapolo. League concensus is that after Winston and Mariotta the QB talent drops off significantly. The members of this message board have thrown thoughts about the Browns and Patriots where the Patriots would get Joe Haden and give up Garrapolo.
One must wonder if the TV talking heads have started to talk about a deal between the Browns and Pats, how far astray would a deal like this be from the truth?

Browns trade Joe Haden and their #19 pick to the Patriots for Jimmy Garrapolo and the Patriots #32??

According to the commenters, it becoming desperate times in Cleveland. The NFL Network is starting to pick up on a lot of stuff. Bob Kraft stated yesterday that this draft has no superstars other than Winston and Mariotta, but the next hundred or so players are a deep and solid draft. That says to me that before the above rumor came about, the Patriots were seriously thinking about trading out of the first round for more picks in the second and third................................

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats were smart, if they see the area code for Cleveland show up on the phone let it go to voicemail.

And they need to keep Jimmy. Good young QB's don't grow on trees. He'll be playing on a regular basis soon enough.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pats should give serious consideration to moving Garropolo. He's their best chip and with the QB frenzy we are seeing this year, someone may overpay (Cleveland?).

Let's face it, the guy is going to rot on our roster unless something happens to Brady. And seeing TB's crazy conditioning, I am willing to roll the dice he stays healthy and in form.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady told Tommy Curran of NESN that he intends to play for at least three more years barring injuries or illness and if he feels as good as he does now, he'll keep playing.

That said, another rumor has popped up. Supposedly the Patriots have been contacted by a team that's picking in the middle of all rounds. (Houston?; New Orleans?; Minnesota?) They want the #32 so they can get a QB that they don't think will be there when they come up in Round 2. The rumored offer is their 2nd round and 3rd round picks which are 16th, 13th or 11th in both rounds.,

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady told Tommy Curran of NESN that he intends to play for at least three more years barring injuries or illness and if he feels as good as he does now, he'll keep playing.

That said, another rumor has popped up. Supposedly the Patriots have been contacted by a team that's picking in the middle of all rounds. (Houston?; New Orleans?; Minnesota?) They want the #32 so they can get a QB that they don't think will be there when they come up in Round 2. The rumored offer is their 2nd round and 3rd round picks which are 16th, 13th or 11th in both rounds.,

I think that is likely especially if they don't think they are getting a value pick at 32. It will suck to watch the entire first round tonight to listen to a trade but it won't surprise me.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this a lot. With all the other picks we have...we can move all over the place.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pats should give serious consideration to moving Garropolo. He's their best chip and with the QB frenzy we are seeing this year, someone may overpay (Cleveland?).

Let's face it, the guy is going to rot on our roster unless something happens to Brady. And seeing TB's crazy conditioning, I am willing to roll the dice he stays healthy and in form.

I don't think Brady plays beyond his current contract. Father time is undefeated. Garoppolo looks better than we've ever had behind Brady.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jim Garoppolo <sp> should stay but The Dark Lord is not taking my calls

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anticipated time of the New England Patriots selection is 11:25 PM.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be alone, but I think Brady outplays Jimmy G's rookie contract. By a year or two.
Cut Jimmy loose for picks. Build a huge athletic YOUNG line on both sides of the ball.
One that gets Tom the ball and another that keeps him clean.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU's OL La'el Collins. Police keep saying that he is not a suspect. He's asking the NFL to remove him from the draft and be allowed to enter the supplemental draft. This kid is losing millions due to this.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My New England Patriots Blu Ray # GAMES TO GLORY just came in the mail. Three DVDs and Seven hours of Patriots playoff football. Talk to you all later. Heading down to the new Mancave and watch the whole thing......it should be over just in time for the Patriots pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so f*cking excited....that should be 3 GAMES TO GLORY.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was a guest on sports radio WEEI in Bostonon Thursday, and he discussed the NFL draft with hosts Tim Benz, Lou Merloni and Christian Fauria.

One part of the discussion that caught our attention was when New England Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo's name came up.

Schefter’s take:

i
"I was talking to somebody in the league about that situation the other day; they were saying last year the Patriots [took] Garoppolo because the quarterback classes are weak the next couple of years. I was thinking 'That’s the most ludicrous thing I’ve heard.' Lo and behold, there are two first-round-worthy quarterbacks this year, and next year, most people believe there are only two first-round quarterbacks again. So there’s a shortage of quarterbacks in two years and that’s why there have been people, over the last year around the league, that have expressed interest in Jimmy Garoppolo. I don’t know what kind of quarterback he is going to be, we’ll all see, but people thought the Patriots were forward-thinking with that move and I think that has been borne out -- though we still don’t have any idea what kind of player he is."

Schefter then made the point that there wasn’t any realistic trade that was going to happen with Garoppolo, but it was more exploratory in nature to see if he might be available.

"The point is that quarterbacks are commodities. I don’t know how well Jimmy Garoppolo has or hasn’t performed in practice -- what they think of him, how that pertains to the quarterbacks in this draft class ... but if there was somebody that wanted Jimmy Garoppolo and was willing to give up a one for him -- and I don’t think this is happening -- and [the Patriots] identified this quarterback from this conference that they thought they could get in Round 4 [to replace him], they would do something like that. Any team would. Quarterback is the most valuable position.

"So when they drafted Garoppolo, while some people didn’t like it, obviously because they would have liked to get [Tom] Brady some immediate help, I think you draft him as a commodity and you see something in him that makes you think that one day he could be the guy. It doesn’t mean he will be. It’s exactly why Tennessee has no choice but to take Marcus Mariota at two today. If they wanted to auction him off, they could get back right away at least two ones."

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on this.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers could make Florida State Seminoles quarterbackJameis Winston the first pick in the draft and trade to acquire another first-round pick later Thursday night.

According to a source, the Bucs are talking to multiple teams looking to move out of the late first round in exchange for Tampa Bay's pick in the second round -- No. 34 overall, which is the second pick Friday night.

It is not known what else the Bucs would be required to offer a team to move.

Any trade likely would be made on the clock so Tampa Bay and the other team know which players are available. Pass-rushers Randy Gregory and Shane Raycould fall to the bottom of the first round or lower because of incidents involving marijuana.

The Bucs consider acquiring a pass-rusher a priority in this draft.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty interesting and funny. From Mike Reiss;

Let's end on this one, Tommy. So the Patriots get on the clock at No. 32 and Bill Belichick decides that the team will pass. Seriously, he's not taking the pick at No. 32 because he wants to sleep on it and spark some trade discussions overnight and into Friday. It's also a statement by BB to Roger Goodell: "You screwed up my Super Bowl and offseason with this ridiculous underinflated football story, so I'll do my best to return the favor and throw a wrench into your draft event." What do you think. BB wouldn't be that devious, would he? Fun to think about -- both for that reason and also the idea that it actually could be viewed as a smart thing to do, albeit unconventional.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs on the clock.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets better not get Lenard Williams.