• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kobe. But I've always respected how great of a player he was. Last night was just rough to watch though. His first 5 shots that he missed I was so happy, obviously. After that it was more sad than anything else. Always tough to watch a legend go out like that.
Yep....went through the same feelings when MJ played that last season with Washington. If nothing else this season should be the slap in the face Kobe needs to go ahead and bow out gracefully. Unless shooting multiple airballs has some how become acceptable.
:omg: :tsk:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....went through the same feelings when MJ played that last season with Washington. If nothing else this season should be the slap in the face Kobe needs to go ahead and bow out gracefully. Unless shooting multiple airballs has some how become acceptable.
:omg: :tsk:

after seeing what i saw last night and so far this season it wouldn't kill me to see him hang 'em up RIGHT NOW...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW > SAS > OKC > Everyone else. LAC has disappointed me. Thought they could win the title this year but Clippers are still the Clippers.
You thought they could win a title this season? Honestly?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after seeing what i saw last night and so far this season it wouldn't kill me to see him hang 'em up RIGHT NOW...
Yea no better time than the present. But, Kobe isn't a quitter so I'm sure he'll play the season out unless he gets hurt again.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its much easier to enjoy an extended ride into the sunset when you have talented players around you.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I'm done working/playing for the day. Gotta start preping for tomorrow! :hungry:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I'm done working/playing for the day. Gotta start preping for tomorrow! :hungry:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!

lol yeah, i gotta go shopping for Turkey day stuff with the wifey right after i leave the office today...

i DO hate shopping...:doh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like Ali vs. Holmes.

Sad

Yep. That's exactly what I think of. I was a huge Ali fan. Going into the fight, Ali dyed his hair, looked good in workouts, said all of the right things and had a lot of people (myself includes) thinking he could win the fight. It became obvious very early that he just didn't have it anymore.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its much easier to enjoy an extended ride into the sunset when you have talented players around you.

I wonder if a trade will be made. I doubt it, but whether one hates him or loves him, it's fun to think about Kobe having one last shot at a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a trade will be made. I doubt it, but whether one hates him or loves him, it's fun to think about Kobe having one last shot at a title.

I'd be absolutely shocked if that happened. For one, Kobe has said he's a Laker for life, so I doubt he'd accept a trade. Also, It would have to be a younger team who thinks that his championship experience would help them get over the hump. Kobe is making $24 million this season, a team would have to send an equal (or close to it) amount of salary back to the Lakers. This would likely mean giving up a few of the players that made them contenders in the first place.

I do agree though, it would be fun to see him have one more shot at a title.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's exactly what I think of. I was a huge Ali fan. Going into the fight, Ali dyed his hair, looked good in workouts, said all of the right things and had a lot of people (myself includes) thinking he could win the fight. It became obvious very early that he just didn't have it anymore.

Boxing was my second love after basketball.

I have never loved it more than I did during the '84 Olympics.

I don't know if it was because it was in LA.

But, I followed the careers of Whitaker, Meldrick Taylor, Paul Gonzalez, Mark Breland....he'll, even Tyrell Biggs!

Everyone remembers Holyfield because of the controversy.

But, that Team was loaded.

As bad as that Ali/ Holmes fight was, it was the fight of the century compared to the one against Trevor Berbick.

I actually cried. It felt like I was watching a family member get whooped.

.......I also cried tears of joy and got raging drunk when Tyson knocked Berbick stupid to become the youngest heavyweight champ in history.

I hated that fool for years.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boxing was my second love after basketball.

I have never loved it more than I did during the '84 Olympics.

I don't know if it was because it was in LA.

But, I followed the careers of Whitaker, Meldrick Taylor, Paul Gonzalez, Mark Breland....he'll, even Tyrell Biggs!

Everyone remembers Holyfield because of the controversy.

But, that Team was loaded.

As bad as that Ali/ Holmes fight was, it was the fight of the century compared to the one against Trevor Berbick.

I actually cried. It felt like I was watching a family member get whooped.

.......I also cried tears of joy and got raging drunk when Tyson knocked Berbick stupid to become the youngest heavyweight champ in history.

I hated that fool for years.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Tyson drew inspiration from Ali and promised him that he would knock Berbick stupid in that fight.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be absolutely shocked if that happened. For one, Kobe has said he's a Laker for life, so I doubt he'd accept a trade. Also, It would have to be a younger team who thinks that his championship experience would help them get over the hump. Kobe is making $24 million this season, a team would have to send an equal (or close to it) amount of salary back to the Lakers. This would likely mean giving up a few of the players that made them contenders in the first place.

I do agree though, it would be fun to see him have one more shot at a title.

He might be an arrogant ball hog who nobody likes (including his own teammates), but there are few I would trust more with a last second shot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be an arrogant ball hog who nobody likes (including his own teammates), but there are few I would trust more with a last second shot.

Me either.

Well, maybe not this year. :lol:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either.

Well, maybe not this year. :lol:

LOL, the thing with old vets like Kobe is that I can still psyche myself up to trust them for a play or two or maybe even for a game or a stretch of games. We just can't expect an old vet to do well night in and night out. If I'm a coach, I would still strongly consider Kobe as the guy I want taking a buzzer beater.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, the thing with old vets like Kobe is that I can still psyche myself up to trust them for a play or two or maybe even for a game or a stretch of games. We just can't expect an old vet to do well night in and night out. If I'm a coach, I would still strongly consider Kobe as the guy I want taking a buzzer beater.

Yeah, I agree. Just having a little fun with his shooting this year.