• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much were the kings up by?
21 in the 3rd Q I believe, and 17pts to start the 4th(game was tied at halftime). Karl's rotations suck, he is running Rondo into the ground when he actually has 2 healthy backup PG's, and his best defensive player doesn't get any time when they had to just protect a double digit lead with 5min left because he is a rookie. And on top of all that, Cousins is hurt AGAIN. :gaah:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs need to get ALDRIDGE back.
The Suns were a less talented league version of what the Clippers did last year.

The Spurs dont have anyone to make guys like Blake or Morris play defense full time.
Jordan/Chandler can defend Duncan.

Blake went crazy last year in the playoffs as he only had to guard Splitter or Diaw here and there.
Aldridge adds the one element to tire these athletic PF down a bit.

If they don't to waste energy on defense, those guys can light the Spurs up at times.
I hope he gets back soon.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 in the 3rd Q I believe, and 17pts to start the 4th(game was tied at halftime). Karl's rotations suck, he is running Rondo into the ground when he actually has 2 healthy backup PG's, and his best defensive player doesn't get any time when they had to just protect a double digit lead with 5min left because he is a rookie. And on top of all that, Cousins is hurt AGAIN. :gaah:

Sacramento coach George Karl said Cousins sprained his back in the third quarter, although he did continue to play and scored 12 points in the fourth. Cousins appeared to be walking fine in the locker room after the game, and Karl said he should be good to go for Wednesday's game against the Bucks in Milwaukee.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have no idea why the Warriors have to wait until March 18 before they visit San Antonio.
And they play two more in games #79 and #80.
It devalues it a bit.
At least one, if not both, will be likely resting starters.

It is entirely possible only one meeting (January in Golden State) has real meaning.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento coach George Karl said Cousins sprained his back in the third quarter, although he did continue to play and scored 12 points in the fourth. Cousins appeared to be walking fine in the locker room after the game, and Karl said he should be good to go for Wednesday's game against the Bucks in Milwaukee.
That's good to hear, I wasn't able to catch the game but read he got taken out late because of his back. This team just seems incapable of winning games when he's not playing, no matter how much depth they might have.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

A Clippers fan made a song about being a Clippers fan... pretty well done I thought.

Lmao!

It's a sadder day than usual in Lob City.

I'm trying to find the silver lining.

Maybe it's best to have their collapse at the beginning of the Season as opposed to the customary chock at the end?

* not even I believe that shit

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao!

It's a sadder day than usual in Lob City.

I'm trying to find the silver lining.

Maybe it's best to have their collapse at the beginning of the Season as opposed to the customary chock at the end?

* not even I believe that shit

On Dan Patrick this morning, Charles Barkley apologized to Kobe and the Lakers for saying they are the worst team in California. He says they're actually tied with the Clippers for the honor. :lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Dan Patrick this morning, Charles Barkley apologized to Kobe and the Lakers for saying they are the worst team in California. He says they're actually tied with the Clippers for the honor. :lol:

and you know how highly i regard Sir Charlie's opinion...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the probability of that occurring is very low....but still, it is within the realm of possibilities.

Nothing is guaranteed.
Uh, I'm sorry but no it isn't - And Please don't encourage the Lakers fans with that nonsense - Some of them are already bad enough. The Lakers would have to get to the playoffs first to play spoiler and their record is 2-9. They will be lucky to win 20 games let alone be a spoiler

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, I'm sorry but no it isn't - And Please don't encourage the Lakers fans with that nonsense - Some of them are already bad enough. The Lakers would have to get to the playoffs first to play spoiler and their record is 2-9. They will be lucky to win 20 games let alone be a spoiler

This isn't the Lakers' board is it?

*nice avy btw....lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you said tough roads and losses, I would have thought you meant bad years like no playoffs. Losing in the playoffs sucks and is a tough loss(not like I'd know from my teams recent history), but they weren't close to being favorites to win it in 2013 or 2014. First year they were an emerging team with good young players who got a taste of the playoffs and upset Denver in round 1. Second year they're starting to come together more and almost upset another team in round 1 before ultimately losing in 7. Last year they really put it all together in a special season ending with a title. The Clippers put CP3 and Blake together and got pushed into the title contender conversation but have come up short when it mattered year in and year out. The Rockets put Dwight next to Harden which was supposed to make them a contender but have failed to make the finals and only got to the WCF because the Clippers choked big time. And seriously, is 2 playoff trips without a title really considered "a lot" of tough roads and losses?
Obviously to you 2 playoff trips isn't considered a lot, and that's ok. But I'm sure to fans, such as myself, it's too many. As I mentioned before, I'm not sure that any of use can dictate how a team should celebrate when in a position to do so.
But, I think comparing the loss road of each team is a bit much. That imo is almost saying there's levels in terms of losing. Where a fan of one team that lost in the Finals feels their teams' loss is more acceptable in comparison to another fan whose team lost in the first round of the playoffs. That's ridiculous if you ask me since they both have the same accomplishment of NOT winning the title.
We don't have to agree in this situation but something you can't deny is they're on the verge of making history and THAT is cause for celebration...THEIR own way.