• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can see it. One of those, hate it unless you have it type deal.

Just to play devils advocate, most of the cockiness that might be viewed this year could be attributed to basically everyone saying they're not that good. Why would you expect them to be humble about that?

I think those comments are what have fueled the fire this season. It's hard for some to truly be happy for someone else's success...particularly in a competitive environment. It's the same thing the players went through that played against MJ and continually lost. IMO it borders on unsportsmanlike.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those comments are what have fueled the fire this season. It's hard for some to truly be happy for someone else's success...particularly in a competitive environment. It's the same thing the players went through that played against MJ and continually lost. IMO it borders on unsportsmanlike.
It's not that I'm unhappy for their success. I'm definitely not jealous cause I mean...look at the team I support. Definitely no reason to be jealous here lol. I just don't like the way they act in-game. All the gestures they make when they get all fired up after a small basket that has little to no significance. I can understand being excited...but it's just a layup.

I guess it's just me. I'm happy they're successful. Might be partially cause of all the media attention they're getting and comparing them to the 96 Bulls and stuff, which isn't their fault obviously. They don't control that. You just get tired of seeing so much about a certain person/team after a while and just hope they'll lose or something so you won't have to hear so much about it anymore. Get where I'm coming from?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I'm unhappy for their success. I'm definitely not jealous cause I mean...look at the team I support. Definitely no reason to be jealous here lol. I just don't like the way they act in-game. All the gestures they make when they get all fired up after a small basket that has little to no significance. I can understand being excited...but it's just a layup.

I guess it's just me. I'm happy they're successful. Might be partially cause of all the media attention they're getting and comparing them to the 96 Bulls and stuff, which isn't their fault obviously. They don't control that. You just get tired of seeing so much about a certain person/team after a while and just hope they'll lose or something so you won't have to hear so much about it anymore. Get where I'm coming from?

I absolutely HATE the comparisons to the Bulls team. For one thing, the Bulls team won the championship. While the Warriors are defending champs, they haven't won anything this season. If after the season, all the wins accumulated add up to another championship, then by all means, have at it.

The Bulls team included the best player of all time in Jordan and two other Hall of Famers. The Warriors are a collection of one superstar (likely on his way to the Hall), two other all-star caliber players (Klay and Dray) and a supporting cast of highly capable role players.

Just as much as I hate the comparison, I hate how older generations say "they wouldn't have done this against us". There's just no way to support that. Every year the game evolves and you can't compare teams that way.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think one person can say how they should celebrate their success one way or the other honestly. They're not the only team that celebrates on court, but they are the only DEFENDING CHAMPS to start the season 15-0 following their championship run. That's a HUGE accomplishment, yet we don't see them predicting not 1, not 2, not 3, ect, ect. They are also the only team that is beating their opponents by an average of 14 points. Another big deal. One way to make it stop though is for the other teams to make history of their own.

At the end of the day they actually have a LOT to celebrate each night that is a win for them without the negative press because trust and believe the first loss they have will be smeared so much throughout the media channels. Should the team that accomplishes that feat not celebrate either?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its endearing and fun when your team seems to celebrate and thoroughly enjoy every successful play.

Its super annoying and aggravating when another team does it. Just the way it is. For me, at least.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its endearing and fun when your team seems to celebrate and thoroughly enjoy every successful play.

Its super annoying and aggravating when another team does it. Just the way it is. For me, at least.

Accurate.

I used to hate Karl Malone and John Stockton. Just hated them. Doesn't mean I wished the Warriors had both of them back in the day. Same goes for KG. I can't stand the guy, but there's no denying if he had been a lifetime Warrior, I'd likely feel the exact opposite.

Except Derek Fisher. I hated him with the Lakers and hated him when he was on the Warriors. #TeamMattBarnes

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't mind a fist pump or something when running down the court or a couple of quick high 5's or whatever with teammates. But these primal screams, chest pounds,"monster walks" and "Hey, look at me" stuff is annoying no matter what team is doing it.

The only thing more annoying is players doing that shit in a game where they're getting their ass kicked. Sprinkles and celebrations are for winners.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind a fist pump or something when running down the court or a couple of quick high 5's or whatever with teammates. But these primal screams, chest pounds,"monster walks" and "Hey, look at me" stuff is annoying no matter what team is doing it.

The only thing more annoying is players doing that shit in a game where they're getting their ass kicked. Sprinkles and celebrations are for winners.

You mean like the stuff Shaq did all the time?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Hated that shit and those weird ass gyrations and hand signals and shit that Lebron does are annoying too. Act like you've made a shot before. I found that airplane glide celebration that Kobe used to do sometimes to be barely tolerable. But, at least he was sprinting back down the court doing it.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!! :heh:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't leave out LBJ; he should have a collapsed lung or two as much as he pounds his chest!!!!

But if they're winning then people should just deal with it because when their team is winning they will want to celebrate as well. We as spectators don't get to dictate how others celebrate.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally hate it more when a guy like Paul Pierce goes down with a career ending injury, only to come back in the game 3 minutes later. That I could definitely do without.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally hate it more when a guy like Paul Pierce goes down with a career ending injury, only to come back in the game 3 minutes later. That I could definitely do without.

:lol:

th?&id=OIP.Mc350a3c8ff7ee39a248d8159f7e941c4H2&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg
th?&id=OIP.Md5341753810307abe4e8475db99e02abo0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ok I guess all the years prior to them winning last year weren't considered tough losses. There's 15 other teams that make the playoffs every season that don't win. Take LAC & Houston for example. They pretty much make the playoffs every season yet continue to suffer tough losses. SMH.
When you said tough roads and losses, I would have thought you meant bad years like no playoffs. Losing in the playoffs sucks and is a tough loss(not like I'd know from my teams recent history), but they weren't close to being favorites to win it in 2013 or 2014. First year they were an emerging team with good young players who got a taste of the playoffs and upset Denver in round 1. Second year they're starting to come together more and almost upset another team in round 1 before ultimately losing in 7. Last year they really put it all together in a special season ending with a title. The Clippers put CP3 and Blake together and got pushed into the title contender conversation but have come up short when it mattered year in and year out. The Rockets put Dwight next to Harden which was supposed to make them a contender but have failed to make the finals and only got to the WCF because the Clippers choked big time. And seriously, is 2 playoff trips without a title really considered "a lot" of tough roads and losses?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accurate.

I used to hate Karl Malone and John Stockton. Just hated them. Doesn't mean I wished the Warriors had both of them back in the day. Same goes for KG. I can't stand the guy, but there's no denying if he had been a lifetime Warrior, I'd likely feel the exact opposite.

Except Derek Fisher. I hated him with the Lakers and hated him when he was on the Warriors. #TeamMattBarnes

You must really hate Fish if you side with lowlife Barnes :lol:

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must really hate Fish if you side with lowlife Barnes :lol:

Derek & Barnes should get together and fight it out.

Do you hear that during the Clips-Pacers game a few weeks ago -- the Pacer fans chanted "Der-ek Fish-er" when Barnes was shooting free throws ?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that always bothered me is then the other guys patted or smacked the other guy on the ass. Hate that and no one is allowed to touch me like that

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Karl sucks