• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, however the Lakers rookies are playing pretty good for a group of youngsters. I am thinking that by the end of the season they are going to be a lot better and able to compete with the lesser teams.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for tonight's game. Lakers gave us a beating last year and definitely looking for another upset tonight.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for tonight's game. Lakers gave us a beating last year and definitely looking for another upset tonight.

They may look for it, but they ain't getting it. I'll be happy if they keep it within 10 or are at least competitive most of the game. I'd give them a little bit of a chance if this was just a Tuesday game before Thanksgiving, but the Warriors are trying to make history, so I expect the Warriors to come out focused and put them away fairly early.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to agree in this situation but something you can't deny is they're on the verge of making history and THAT is cause for celebration...THEIR own way.
You're right, I can't deny that. I might hate the fact that they're on the verge of history and how they choose to celebrate it, but they've earned the right to enjoy it however they choose to.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, however the Lakers rookies are playing pretty good for a group of youngsters. I am thinking that by the end of the season they are going to be a lot better and able to compete with the lesser teams.
i actually really like how Clarkson is playing. He seems to be a very efficient scorer- on a team where that is probably not easy. Hes at like 48% FG ....thats pretty darn good for a combo-type guard that takes a lot of shots...i dnt really watch him so i have no clue about his defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually really like how Clarkson is playing. He seems to be a very efficient scorer- on a team where that is probably not easy. Hes at like 48% FG ....thats pretty darn good for a combo-type guard that takes a lot of shots...i dnt really watch him so i have no clue about his defense.

His defense is ok. It needs work because he's a 2nd year player and learning the vets tricks and tendencies. I think he'll be a pretty solid defender.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His defense is ok. It needs work because he's a 2nd year player and learning the vets tricks and tendencies. I think he'll be a pretty solid defender.
Im always skeptical of 4 year college players who have immediate success because they are so well prepared for the MVP- and typically their ceilings arent that high....but Clarkson is at almost 49% shooting, taking almost 13 shots a game. Thats damn good for a guard. HE takes about 3 3's a game- and is hitting a ridiculus % now that im sure will go down...and he has pretty good size at like 6'5" 195 lbs.

2 assists in 31 minutes a game is a little weak for a combo guard though- let alone a point guard. IM a little surprised his play-making has not been better.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those comments are what have fueled the fire this season. It's hard for some to truly be happy for someone else's success...particularly in a competitive environment. It's the same thing the players went through that played against MJ and continually lost. IMO it borders on unsportsmanlike.

I think you're right. I was worried that the Dubs would get complacent after being dominant last year and winning the title (especially Klay, who seemed to just want to party all the time after they won the championship), but it does seem like they are using the detractors as motivation to push themselves this season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may look for it, but they ain't getting it. I'll be happy if they keep it within 10 or are at least competitive most of the game. I'd give them a little bit of a chance if this was just a Tuesday game before Thanksgiving, but the Warriors are trying to make history, so I expect the Warriors to come out focused and put them away fairly early.

guess they read your post...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. I was worried that the Dubs would get complacent after being dominant last year and winning the title (especially Klay, who seemed to just want to party all the time after they won the championship), but it does seem like they are using the detractors as motivation to push themselves this season.

yeah, that's the trap for a lotta championship teams. they get fat and happy. doesn't seem to be the mindset of the Dubs this season, though. they want to prove to everyone that last season wasn't a fluke...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 assists in 31 minutes a game is a little weak for a combo guard though- let alone a point guard. IM a little surprised his play-making has not been better.

Yeah, I think that should improve. The whole team is still learning to play together while the young guys are learning how to play in the NBA. Their ball movement sucks a lot of the time. Also, once Kobe is gone, I think Clarkson will primarily play 2 guard. Even then though, I'd like to see him get closer to 4-5 assists per game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kobe. But I've always respected how great of a player he was. Last night was just rough to watch though. His first 5 shots that he missed I was so happy, obviously. After that it was more sad than anything else. Always tough to watch a legend go out like that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I take a second though, to give some love to DRAYMOND GREEN.

Seriously, he signs his 82M contract in the off-season and what does he do? He gets better.

Here is his stat line so far on the year:

12.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
6.6 APG
1.2 SPG
1.3 BPG
48.4 FG%
43.5 3P%
80.0 FT%

That stat line does not even do justice to the impact he makes when he's out on the court. He guards everyone from 1-5 on the opposing team. His assists have jumped almost 3 (!!) per game from 3.7 to 6.6 this year. He's improved his FT shooting by nearly 14% points(!!) from last year. His 3 point percentage has gone up 10%(!!) from last year.

On a different team, maybe he doesn't make as big an impact, but right now he's the Warriors second best player and it's not close. He is the main catalyst for allowing the Warriors to play as they do. For what he does, his skill set and his defense, there's only maybe 2 or 3 PF, I would take above him at this point. Homerism? Possibly, but I think guy is great.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, he signs his 82M contract in the off-season and what does he do? He gets better.

12.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
6.6 APG
1.2 SPG
1.3 BPG
48.4 FG%
43.5 3P%
80.0 FT%

That stat line does not even do justice to the impact he makes when he's out on the court. He guards everyone from 1-5 on the opposing team. His assists have jumped almost 3 (!!) per game from 3.7 to 6.6 this year. He's improved his FT shooting by nearly 14% points(!!) from last year. His 3 point percentage has gone up 10%(!!) from last year.

On a different team, maybe he doesn't make as big an impact, but right now he's the Warriors second best player and it's not close. He is the main catalyst for allowing the Warriors to play as they do. For what he does, his skill set and his defense, there's only maybe 2 or 3 PF, I would take above him at this point. Homerism? Possibly, but I think guy is great.

Wow... that's ridiculous. I never would've guessed any of those would be so high.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW > SAS > OKC > Everyone else. LAC has disappointed me. Thought they could win the title this year but Clippers are still the Clippers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW > SAS > OKC > Everyone else. LAC has disappointed me. Thought they could win the title this year but Clippers are still the Clippers.

Sounds about right.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kobe. But I've always respected how great of a player he was. Last night was just rough to watch though. His first 5 shots that he missed I was so happy, obviously. After that it was more sad than anything else. Always tough to watch a legend go out like that.

Yep. I've said before, the only thing I hate more than seeing a legendary player leave the game, is seeing them stay a season or 2 too long.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I've said before, the only thing I hate more than seeing a legendary player leave the game, is seeing them stay a season or 2 too long.

It's like Ali vs. Holmes.

Sad

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

12.7 PPG
7.8 RPG
6.6 APG
1.2 SPG
1.3 BPG
48.4 FG%
43.5 3P%
80.0 FT%

gotta respect a guy who WANTS to earn his money...