• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a Cavs/Heat playoff series.
you and me both!!!!! it will be GLORIOUS...i hope Bosh is healthy-- i want them at full strength-- well, until Whiteside loses his mind and gets ejected!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami and Boston starting to separate themselves from the rest of the middle of the East. After GSW win tonight, Boston would be at least 3 losses up on seeds 5-10. Miami will be 2 losses up. Both teams are in a favorable part of their schedule as well. Miami next 3 games are against Phoenix and Philly 2X. No reason why they should not be 37-26 heading into Milwaukee next Wednesday. Boston schedule is not as easy but most of their tough games in the next 2 weeks except Cleveland and Indy are at home where they have won 11 in a row
if Boston would have made a move id be a little worried.

you just cant win in the NBA playoffs when your best players are

Isiah Thomas
Jae Crowder
Avery Bradley

They definitely do not have a #1, and I kind of even dont think they even have a #2 guy on a Finals contender.

LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love

after that?

Tristan Thompson
Jr Smith
Iman Shumpert
Mathew Dellavadova

vs.

Kelly Olnyk
Evan Turner
Marcus Smart
Jared Sullinger (more even for sure- and Boston does have good depth- but id still take the Cavs next tier)

then

Mozgov
Jefferson
Mo Williams
Frye

vs.

Sullinger
Zeller
Young
Rozier

The Celtics just do not have NEARLY the big guns to challenge the Cavs. And thats why I think people are just so fucking stupid when they think its less likely the Cavs make the Finals then win.

The Cavs have the firepower. Theres no doubt about that- its about making it fit. The Celtics and Raptors and Pacers and Hawks etc- they just simply do NOT have near the firepower. Even if they play out of their minds- its not gonna happen.

I watched that Toronto game the other day- the Cavs played like crap most of the game- and they had a 5 point lead late in the 4th quarter- and it took Kyle Lowry going for 40+ for them to win. They simply do not have the big guns you need in the playoffs-

no one in the East does unless you Pat Riley makes the rest of the Heat vampires like himself. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clips' Ballmer tops owners with $23.5B net worth

Interesting article- outlining the richest owners in sports-

the NBA billionaires in order:

1. Steve Ballmer- Microsoft- Clippers- $23.5 billion
2. Paul Allen- Microsoft- Trail Blazers- $17.5 billion
3. Stan Kroenke- Real Estate- Denver Nuggets $7.7 billion (wife worth 4.5 billion!!)
4. Mikhail Prokohrov- Mining- robber baron of Russia- Nets- 7.6 billion
5. Micky Arison- Cruise Lines- Heat 7.1 billion
6. Charles Dolan- Knicks- Cable and Nepotism!- 5.0 billion
7. Dan Gilbert- Quicken Loans- Cavaliers 4.9 billion
8. Rich DeVos- AMWAY!! those annoying bastards!- Magic 4.7 billion
9. Tom Gore- Venture Capitalist- Detroit Pistons 3.3 billion
10. Mark Cuban- Computer shit-Mavericks- 3.3 billion
11. Herm Simon-developed shopping malls- Pacers- 2.8 billion
12. Tom Benson- Pelicans- Car Dealerships!, banking, sports- 2.2 billion
13. Robert Pera- Memphis Grizzlies 2 billion
14. Glen Taylor- Wedding Supplier!- Minnesota Timberwolves- 1.8 billion
15. Mark Lasry- Milwaukee Bucks 1.7 billion
16. Leslie Alexander- Stocks and bond trader!!!- Rockets 1.5 billion
17. Gail Miller (wife of former owner great Larry Miller)- Jazz 1.4 billion
18. Jerry Reinsdorf-Started as an ATtorney baby!!!! Chicago Bulls 1.3 billion
19. His Airness- dominating the NBA - Charlotte 1.1 Billion
20. Tony Ressler- Atlanta Hawks 1.1 billion

10 teams have owners that are NOT billionaires.

Celtics- Walt Grousebeck- venture capital 600 million
Lakers- pick a Buss- the Lakers- and nepotism!
Wizards- Ted Leonsis 900 million- Venture Capital
Warriors- Joe Lacob- Venture Capitalist 360 million
Clayton "Cheap Ass" Bennett- OKC Thunder- venture capital 500 million
Adam Aron/Josh Harris- Philly 76'ers Businessman- CEO-
Peter Holt- SAS- 200 million- heavy construction equipment
Robert Sarver- Phoenix Suns 700 million- Banking
Vivek Ranadive- Sacramento Kings- 700 million- business in India
Larry Tanenbaum- Toronto Raptors
my big surprise here--- Glen Taylor made his hoard of cash selling wedding dresses! LOL....and- it pays to be a "venture capitalist"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish Charlotte could have been healthy. I want to see them do well. -they have some talent too- WHEN HEALTHY-

Pg- Kemba Walker- right on the boarder of becoming an all star
Sg- Nik Batum- I think hes a boarder line all star talent
SF- MKG- he is a poor mans Kawhi Leonard in a lot of ways.
PF- Marvin Williams- former #2 pick has developed into a very solid vet
C- Al Jfferson- old school- still a great post player. So craft offensively but horrible on defense

because of injuries and what not they have to play their depth- but they have some decent depth--- Courtney Lee, Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Lamb, Cody Zeller, Frank Kaminsky, ---- i like this team....they obviously have some choices to make on Batum and what they want to do with Jefferson in the offseason---

but they drafted at least DECENTLY well....Kemba was a good pick, MKG was a solid pick, Vonleh was a decent pick that got them Batum, Cody Zeller and KAminsky are bigs that can shoot which is becoming a MUST in todays game....interesting stuff.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has LOST 17 of 25......from the 2nd most talented team in the East- to being RAVAGEd by injuries...

its what happens when teams are ravaged by injuries--- lose Noah and Butler for a month and bad stuff happens--- like the Heat last year- Lose Bosh and Wade for 20 games and what happens?

yah- know- unless you are the Cavs--- and then you can STILL BE THE FUCKING ONE SEED IN YOUR CONFERENCE--- like LeBron said? Adversity? 2 game losing streak? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and me both!!!!! it will be GLORIOUS...i hope Bosh is healthy-- i want them at full strength-- well, until Whiteside loses his mind and gets ejected!
I think the Heat could actually win that series, although the Cavs would be favored. With all the back and forth between Cavs and Heat fans throughout the season, it'd be a good way to give one fan base bragging rights until they meet again next season. I wonder if Whiteside getting ejected is more or less likely than Kyrie getting injured during the series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Heat could actually win that series, although the Cavs would be favored. With all the back and forth between Cavs and Heat fans throughout the season, it'd be a good way to give one fan base bragging rights until they meet again next season. I wonder if Whiteside getting ejected is more or less likely than Kyrie getting injured during the series.
if Bosh isnt back - the HEat should not even bother showing up.....just send Pat Riley on that plane he used to come polish Bron's knob in Vegas with a white flag....

If Bosh plays itll go 5 max i would think unless some chicanery happens. Game 5 would be in Cleveland...the Cavs are gonna be up 21 going into the 4th quarter with a 3-1 series lead- (miami will have gotten 1 in Miami on a throwback Dwade game that he is capable of once in a while)......The announcers will be, AGAIN, lauding Tristan Thompson for his dominance on the boards and his ability to rip the hearts of the opposition with his offensive boards after the Heat have poured out their heart on defense--- Whiteside is gonna get really angry- and go Whiteside- and get ejected and suspended- and embarrass himself and the franchise once again!!! ITS GONNA HAPPEN!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy clearly doesn't watch the heat lol if he think the cavs can walk all over them

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and btw didn't Wiggy go through this thing with the "richest owners" before? thought this was put to bed already...:rolleyes2:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back when Wiggy used to laugh at Miami for being old and slow? Laughing at their pace of play? Guess what Wiggy? Guess who's 29th in Pace? The Cavs? Guess who's in front of them? The Heat

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Bosh isnt back - the HEat should not even bother showing up.....just send Pat Riley on that plane he used to come polish Bron's knob in Vegas with a white flag....

If Bosh plays itll go 5 max i would think unless some chicanery happens. Game 5 would be in Cleveland...the Cavs are gonna be up 21 going into the 4th quarter with a 3-1 series lead- (miami will have gotten 1 in Miami on a throwback Dwade game that he is capable of once in a while)......The announcers will be, AGAIN, lauding Tristan Thompson for his dominance on the boards and his ability to rip the hearts of the opposition with his offensive boards after the Heat have poured out their heart on defense--- Whiteside is gonna get really angry- and go Whiteside- and get ejected and suspended- and embarrass himself and the franchise once again!!! ITS GONNA HAPPEN!

Small sample size, but the Heat since the All Star break are better then the Bosh Heat pre all star break.
Deng and Whiteside + crew have more then made up for his absence.
Those 2 have been phenomenal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size, but the Heat since the All Star break are better then the Bosh Heat pre all star break.
Deng and Whiteside + crew have more then made up for his absence.
Those 2 have been phenomenal.

The change is style of play have been amazing. Deng at the Power Forward was such a smart move.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and btw didn't Wiggy go through this thing with the "richest owners" before? thought this was put to bed already...:rolleyes2:

What I noticed on that list is that 12 of the 20 billionaire owned teams have never won a championship and of the 8 who have, only the Heat, Mavs and Pistons have won one more recently than the mid-90's.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's clearly still a headcase.

His improvement is leaps and bounds, and his ceiling undetermined.
Unless there is a total meltdown, he has got to be priority #1 this summer, and he's getting paid.
Its simple as that.

Zo and Juwan have done an amazing job with him.
It would be a sin for us to put the time in, develop him, and let some other team reap the rewards.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back when Wiggy used to laugh at Miami for being old and slow? Laughing at their pace of play? Guess what Wiggy? Guess who's 29th in Pace? The Cavs? Guess who's in front of them? The Heat

The current pace the Heat plays at, is what most of us (Heat fans) envisioned when we signed Dragic.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan Whiteside post AS game numbers

20 PPG, 15.7 RPG & 4 BPG on 62% shooting. 81% from the line since the break as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside had made 17 free throws in a row before missing late last night

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His improvement is leaps and bounds, and his ceiling undetermined.
Unless there is a total meltdown, he has got to be priority #1 this summer, and he's getting paid.
Its simple as that.

Zo and Juwan have done an amazing job with him.
It would be a sin for us to put the time in, develop him, and let some other team reap the rewards.

Last night was the first time I got to watch him for an entire game in awhile. What I noticed was how easy he made things look.

I agree, he's getting paid. Too bad he had to go and start playing like this because now I think the Heat will spend what they have to to keep him. Was really kind of hoping my Lakers would be able to outbid them. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.