• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan Whiteside post AS game numbers

20 PPG, 15.7 RPG & 4 BPG on 62% shooting. 81% from the line since the break as well.

Still clearly not as good as Tristan Thompson because...nuance. :dhd:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the first time I got to watch him for an entire game in awhile. What I noticed was how easy he made things look.

I agree, he's getting paid. Too bad he had to go and start playing like this because now I think the Heat will spend what they have to to keep him. Was really kind of hoping my Lakers would be able to outbid them. lol

My guess also. I think the Heat will bring him back especially with the unknown of the Bosh situation. Joe said he wants to stay in Miami also. He's 34 so the most I would give him a 2 or 3 year deal

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the feeling in Miami that Whiteside would stay in Miami if they offer him a max? Without bird rights, the Heat can't offer him anymore than anyone else. I know the organization has a reputation of keeping guys... just wondering if there is a local feel for Whiteside specifically? I could see him getting wooed by promises of being the franchise guy, bigger role, etc.

I really think he's getting max money this summer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the first time I got to watch him for an entire game in awhile. What I noticed was how easy he made things look.

I agree, he's getting paid. Too bad he had to go and start playing like this because now I think the Heat will spend what they have to to keep him. Was really kind of hoping my Lakers would be able to outbid them. lol

We all knew he could rebound, block shots.

His D since Feb has developed as much as his shooting.

Teams can't even consider hacking him on purpose anymore.

Its really quite astonishing.

I'd be beyond upset it we lose him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the feeling in Miami that Whiteside would stay in Miami if they offer him a max? Without bird rights, the Heat can't offer him anymore than anyone else. I know the organization has a reputation of keeping guys... just wondering if there is a local feel for Whiteside specifically? I could see him getting wooed by promises of being the franchise guy, bigger role, etc.

Local feeling now is keep at all cost.
Like I said, why develop possibly the premier C in the league for someone else?
He's said he wants to stay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess also. I think the Heat will bring him back especially with the unknown of the Bosh situation. Joe said he wants to stay in Miami also. He's 34 so the most I would give him a 2 or 3 year deal

Wasn't even thinking about Bosh, just how well Whiteside has played. You're right though, with Bosh's health situation, keeping Whiteside becomes even more important.

Also, anyone who thinks Whiteside is some, "dinosaur 7 footer" that doesn't work in the NBA anymore, hasn't seen him play. I watched the Lakers game right after the Heat game and saw Hibbert play one of his best games of the season. Whiteside is much faster and far more athletic. It's not even close.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is it would be hilarious if the Bulls didn't make the playoffs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read he did the same thing last year.

but he wasn't playing then. It was when cleveland allowed him to go on a 2 week vacation in the middle of the season so this is a little more odd to me....Not that they're working out but that Lebron is in Miami when the rest of his team is in Cleveland. I understand they don't play til Friday but still odd imo

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he wasn't playing then. It was when cleveland allowed him to go on a 2 week vacation in the middle of the season so this is a little more odd to me....Not that they're working out but that Lebron is in Miami when the rest of his team is in Cleveland. I understand they don't play til Friday but still odd imo

Word down here is that he had some paid appearance yesterday..
But, nobody forced him to stay here, except for maybe Mother Nature.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe...unless a certain championship team gets involved & whisks him away! :dhd:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.