• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Overspend in Free Agency Thread

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. I missed that. When did he say that?

He said it on an interview shown on TSN , the day after free agency , and really early on in the interview. I am sure i caught a wee tick in his face immediately after that says he knows it was an inside voice let loose outside moment.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senators captain Jason Spezza traded to the Dallas Stars | NHL | Hockey | Sports

Said it sarcastically but he probably meant it seeing as that it's true.

He said it on an interview shown on TSN , the day after free agency , and really early on in the interview. I am sure i caught a wee tick in his face immediately after that says he knows it was an inside voice let loose outside moment.

:L

Murray has some strengths as a GM but he sure is a little too honest at times. Sometimes you need to just say nothing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I think it will do much good, but I think both BBB and KennyBanyeah are fine posters. Obviously, Kenny has been here a lot longer than BBB, but to date, I like the cut of BBB's jib. There's always a little bit of a get-to-know-you stage for the new guys and I gotta say I like the new additions to the board. Maybe you guys can just agree to disagree on this one, shake hands, and move on. After all, it's summer, we need to save some fireworks for October when the games start to count.

Given that I take any and all Leaf-bashing, teasing, mocking, criticism and any other negativity towards my beloved blue-and-white with absolutely no offence and more often than not a laugh, I kinda just expect that others will accept small teases likewise, especially things as harmless as "LOL your team isn't going to do good". Like I said before, really sorry if he was offended or pissed off at that, I didn't know lightly poking fun at a rival team's fans would be taken so stone cold seriously.

Like I said, since I will inevitably catch more crap than anybody here and take it with a smile because a sport is simply not something worth getting mad over I kind of just expect not to be branded a "douchebaggy Leaf fan" or whatever. No need for sensitivity, everybody's just here for fun right?

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murray has some strengths as a GM but he sure is a little too honest at times. Sometimes you need to just say nothing.

Honesty is fantastic after your canned as a GM and hired as an analyst , not before however. The overly polite Canadian media just let the comment pass like nothing happened ?? He caught a break there.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Target, but it doesn't compare to the States' version and doesn't give me any price incentive to take the extra few minutes to go there instead of Superstore or CT.

Agreed ! Which makes me wonder how they continue to expand ?:wtf2:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or sometimes ya need to read between the lines - Coach usually picks the captain, and I know (as ridiculous as it sounds) Paul Maclean's name was being bandied about as being on the chopping block at the end of the season. Could just as well have been him trying to distance himself from a decision both Melnyk and the media know Maclean made.

Also, was Phillips not the more obvious choice as captain? Honest question.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or sometimes ya need to read between the lines - Coach usually picks the captain, and I know (as ridiculous as it sounds) Paul Maclean's name was being bandied about as being on the chopping block at the end of the season. Could just as well have been him trying to distance himself from a decision both Melnyk and the media know Maclean made.

Also, was Phillips not the more obvious choice as captain? Honest question.

Are you watching as the Jays continue to commit slow playoff suicide in Oakland ?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know how the Flames seemed to get worse and worse every year after the Cup appearance? The writing was on the wall for years but Duhruyl still kept trying to surround Iggy with pieces to get them "over the hump" instead of admit defeat and start fresh, blowing millions of dollars and wasting years of fans' patience?

That's Target.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching as the Jays continue to commit slow playoff suicide in Oakland ?

A couple days ago I said "at least Toronto's other teams are doing well".

So much for that. Now with Edwin hurt for a long time….yeah they're probably done. Hopefully they fire AA and can find takers for Reyes and Dickey and can move Buherle, Bautista and Edwin for good parts and do it all again in 2 or 3 years.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple days ago I said "at least Toronto's other teams are doing well".

So much for that. Now with Edwin hurt for a long time….yeah they're probably done. Hopefully they fire AA and can find takers for Reyes and Dickey and can move Buherle, Bautista and Edwin for good parts and do it all again in 2 or 3 years.

Why do they keep trying to use Dickey as the ace of the staff ??? :wtf2:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want him to stop talking too. Because I have been known to question the Sens' choice of Captain and I in no way want to be thought of as ever agreeing with Murray.

I like Target, but it doesn't compare to the States' version and doesn't give me any price incentive to take the extra few minutes to go there instead of Superstore or CT.

I know it's OT - do locals actually like those "Real Canadian Superstores"? I went to one last time I was up there and thought it sucked. Granted, I was not buying groceries, so maybe that's the difference. But the store felt really low rent to me.

Tax incentives.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's OT - do locals actually like those "Real Canadian Superstores"? I went to one last time I was up there and thought it sucked. Granted, I was not buying groceries, so maybe that's the difference. But the store felt really low rent to me.

I don't care how low their prices are (often times they're not that low), I can't stand shopping at Real Canadian Superstores, overcrowded, badly lit and dingy.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how low their prices are (often times they're not that low), I can't stand shopping at Real Canadian Superstores, overcrowded, badly lit and dingy.

The food prices overall are usually lower than Co-op , Safeway ,Sobeys etc , but when they wanna charge me for micro thin plastic bags... it keeps me at Safeway

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

they are great for kids clothes up to about 6 years old.
and non-perishables are usually cheaper too, I guess.
I wouldn't buy produce or meat there, because i just don't trust the place

but it's never a pleasant experience - from crowded parking lots, to meandering the randomly organized aisles, to long check out lines, to only being able to use credit cards on non-grocery items (ie. you could only pay part on credit card and the other part had to be on debit... though I think they have changed that now)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to stop talking too. Because I have been known to question the Sens' choice of Captain and I in no way want to be thought of as ever agreeing with Murray.

Tax incentives.

The one I go to is pretty good. Meat, fish and produce are always fresh, and I buy a lot of everyday crap from Joe Fresh so that helps.