• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Overspend in Free Agency Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The food prices overall are usually lower than Co-op , Safeway ,Sobeys etc , but when they wanna charge me for micro thin plastic bags... it keeps me at Safeway

City of Toronto charges for bags so I'm stuck in that regard no matter what.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are great for kids clothes up to about 6 years old.
and non-perishables are usually cheaper too, I guess.
I wouldn't buy produce or meat there, because i just don't trust the place

but it's never a pleasant experience - from crowded parking lots, to meandering the randomly organized aisles, to long check out lines, to only being able to use credit cards on non-grocery items (ie. you could only pay part on credit card and the other part had to be on debit... though I think they have changed that now)

Ever go on a Thursday before they re-stock for the weekend ? It's like shopping post worlds end. Most of the staff in Calgary at RCSS pass a comprehensive interview process;
Question 1 - will no one else hire you ?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the fact we're discussing the quality of Canadian supermarket chains is clear sign that we've hit the doldrums of summer?

Spiny Norman

Not Quite Dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the fact we're discussing the quality of Canadian supermarket chains is clear sign that we've hit the doldrums of summer?

Oh I don't know, it's kind of interesting...I can say that here in NY, we have LOTS of them (supermarkets) and it's interesting to see some other sides. I've been in New England a few times and went into "Shaw's" and it was okay...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the GM's are on vacay and so are the writers. It's pretty blah indeed.

I'll let you know which store is having a sale on bottled water this week.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever go on a Thursday before they re-stock for the weekend ? It's like shopping post worlds end. Most of the staff in Calgary at RCSS pass a comprehensive interview process;
Question 1 - will no one else hire you ?

That question was taken from Texas' Walmart applications.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That question was taken from Texas' Walmart applications.

No need to specify "Texas" in that statement.

When we were driving from Niagara towards Hamilton I saw one of those RCSS stores on the side of he highway. It looked bright and shiny and thought it was gonna be awesome. Keep in mind I was geeked to find hockey stuff in a Wal Mart and love going into Canadian Tire up there. I guess my expectations were a tad high.

I may have envisioned staff in Mountie uniforms and aisle after aisle of hockey gear, syrup and beer. And zamboni shaped shopping carts.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Murray has some strengths as a GM but he sure is a little too honest at times. Sometimes you need to just say nothing.

That must run in the family. Tim is very straightforward too.

It's actually pretty refreshing because Regier used to use a whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing except for generic talking points.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding, Wal Mart is high end by Texas standards.

And question 1 is actually "Are you packing right now?"

/There isn't even a 'No' option on the form.

There is one of those silly "How ____ are you" quizzes about Texas floating around facebook. It asks ten questions and gives you a score to help you know how "Texas" you are. I got 4% Texas. It said "Foreigners like you make me wish we could secede."

My only thought was most of the rest of America wishes they would.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one of those silly "How ____ are you" quizzes about Texas floating around facebook. It asks ten questions and gives you a score to help you know how "Texas" you are. I got 4% Texas. It said "Foreigners like you make me wish we could secede."

Replace Texas with Quebec and you have the Canadian version.

Although I like Texas. God bless.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to specify "Texas" in that statement.

When we were driving from Niagara towards Hamilton I saw one of those RCSS stores on the side of he highway. It looked bright and shiny and thought it was gonna be awesome. Keep in mind I was geeked to find hockey stuff in a Wal Mart and love going into Canadian Tire up there. I guess my expectations were a tad high.

I may have envisioned staff in Mountie uniforms and aisle after aisle of hockey gear, syrup and beer. And zamboni shaped shopping carts.

Yeah that's hillbilly country to me. The ones in the city/GTA are pretty modern.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those quizzes usually make me feel a bit stabby.

There was one recently about 'how southern are you?' and most of the questions were essentially definitions. If you know the definition of a hush puppy it considers you partially southern.